Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #646
mich723
Earning My Ears

This question has probably been asked already, but I couldn't find it if it was.

My friend and I will be staying in Disney this summer and using the dining plan. We are each paying our own way on tips. I was seeing about charging the tips to the room via my credit card information. She may want to do the same, so can she also put down her credit card information as well? So we'd have two credit cards on file.

If we can't do it that way, I'll just pay via credit card or cash at our meals when the time comes. Just thought it'd be easier to stick to using the key to the world card if I could.
mich723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #647
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich723 View Post
This question has probably been asked already, but I couldn't find it if it was.

My friend and I will be staying in Disney this summer and using the dining plan. We are each paying our own way on tips. I was seeing about charging the tips to the room via my credit card information. She may want to do the same, so can she also put down her credit card information as well? So we'd have two credit cards on file.

If we can't do it that way, I'll just pay via credit card or cash at our meals when the time comes. Just thought it'd be easier to stick to using the key to the world card if I could.
it would be easy to split tips in cash or gift card, you leave what you want and she tips what she wants
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #648
twhitaker
Mouseketeer

Is the 18% for large parties calculated before or after tax?? Also how much is tax and do they charge tips at character meals like Tusker House and Ohana dinner. Thanks!
twhitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #649
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by twhitaker View Post
Is the 18% for large parties calculated before or after tax?? Also how much is tax and do they charge tips at character meals like Tusker House and Ohana dinner. Thanks!
before tax and yes tips on ALL table service meals. Even buffets.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #650
alayne
DIS Veteran

I did not read this entire thread so forgive me if this has been asked.

We are a party of 8 for the first 7 nights of our vacation and we are on the deluxe dinning plan. My Mom does not want to have to pay for anything while we are at Disney. She isn't very good with a budget and she doesn't like to deal with it on vacation. So she has asked me if I can just give her a total (trip, tips, golf cart rental, spending money, etc) and then I keep up with it during the trip. If she spends more she will write me a check for the difference when we get home, if she spends less I will refund her money.

Now my question is - I don't have time to look at the menus and figure up what everyone is going to eat to calculate the tip. Is there just a suggested daily amount I could estimate to add to her total. Just so I can have something to work with. We have already booked our ADRs and we have 13 meals she would have to tip at. The rest the tip is either all ready included (CRT, Hoop Dee Do) or they are CS.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions.
Allison
Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #651
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne
I did not read this entire thread so forgive me if this has been asked.

We are a party of 8 for the first 7 nights of our vacation and we are on the deluxe dinning plan. My Mom does not want to have to pay for anything while we are at Disney. She isn't very good with a budget and she doesn't like to deal with it on vacation. So she has asked me if I can just give her a total (trip, tips, golf cart rental, spending money, etc) and then I keep up with it during the trip. If she spends more she will write me a check for the difference when we get home, if she spends less I will refund her money.

Now my question is - I don't have time to look at the menus and figure up what everyone is going to eat to calculate the tip. Is there just a suggested daily amount I could estimate to add to her total. Just so I can have something to work with. We have already booked our ADRs and we have 13 meals she would have to tip at. The rest the tip is either all ready included (CRT, Hoop Dee Do) or they are CS.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions.
Allison
Unless you figure our exactly what she will order there really isn't a way to give you an estimate
Old 07-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #652
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

My rough math guesstimate- I would figure each meal credit will be ~$50, so figure 18% of that times 13

VERY rough math
Old 07-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #653
smidgy
dimples

20% is a lot easier to figure .... $130
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #654
ThreeRingCircus
Earning My Ears

I apologize if this has already been asked in the thread, I didn't read all the way through.

We are doing DDP, will we see a bill at the end of each meal so we know how to tip? Or do we just guesstimate what we think the bill would have been?
ThreeRingCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #655
mom2of2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeRingCircus
I apologize if this has already been asked in the thread, I didn't read all the way through.

We are doing DDP, will we see a bill at the end of each meal so we know how to tip? Or do we just guesstimate what we think the bill would have been?
You will still get a bill at the end of your meal.
If you want to charge the tip to your room, write in the amount and put your KTTW card in the bill folder.
If you want to leave cash, write CASH on the tip line.
If you want to use another form of payment enclose that along with your KTTW card in the bill folder.
There are suggested amounts listed for your convenience
Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #656
abismommy
A veteran traveler, Newbie Mommy to a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2 View Post
You will still get a bill at the end of your meal.
If you want to charge the tip to your room, write in the amount and put your KTTW card in the bill folder.
If you want to leave cash, write CASH on the tip line.
If you want to use another form of payment enclose that along with your KTTW card in the bill folder.
There are suggested amounts listed for your convenience
Wonder how charging back to the room will work in the table service restaurants with my brand spankin new magic band will work?
abismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #657
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by abismommy View Post
Wonder how charging back to the room will work in the table service restaurants with my brand spankin new magic band will work?
Same as before. They now are coming out with portable readers to bring right to the tables.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #658
abismommy
A veteran traveler, Newbie Mommy to a Princess

Nice! Thanks!

#13days!!!!!
abismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #659
mom2of2

With a magic band or a KTTW at a TS restaurant you card or band will be scanned/tapped and you will put in your pin code. You information is then in the hand held. It will let the server know what plan your on, how many credits you have left, the make up of your party and if you have charging privledges. You will still be given a bill and still have to sign for it.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #660
Brandon moore
Earning My Ears

That was a bundle of information. Thanks!
Brandon moore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: