Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #16
yarlenna
Mouseketeer

Most port cities are not clean -
Get out and see the island.
The Blue Lagoon is not far - but it magical.
yarlenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #17
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineandLiv View Post
I know I am a minority, but I really liked Nassau. We did the Blue Lagoon, and it was great. The ride over was beautiful, and the person who took us over was funny AND told us a lot about the houses along the island and who lived in them. There are more things I would love to explore in Nassau--pirate museum and Atlantis to name two. I think it really does depend upon the excursion and what you want to see/experience in the port.
No, you're not in the minority at all. Nassau is a great port with plenty to do in the beautiful and historic downtown area. Sure, Atlantis gets a lot of business from the cruise ships, but I have enjoyed walking around downtown taking in the sites, and shopping.

I have found the people to be friendly without being pushy. I don't think downtown Nassau is dirty at all, particulary when compared to other Caribbean ports.

Here is a walking tour guide that I have used in the past:

http://www.brentjes.com/nassau.html

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

We took a 3-night cruise in May and got off the boat for just an hour or two in Nassau. Very underwhelmed. We spent the rest of the day on the ship and enjoyed our time there.

That said, this was our one & only Disney cruise experience so staying on the ship was great for us. If you are experienced cruisers, then by all means explore Nassau on foot or book an excursion
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineandLiv View Post
I know I am a minority, but I really liked Nassau. We did the Blue Lagoon, and it was great. The ride over was beautiful, and the person who took us over was funny AND told us a lot about the houses along the island and who lived in them. There are more things I would love to explore in Nassau--pirate museum and Atlantis to name two. I think it really does depend upon the excursion and what you want to see/experience in the port.
We will be going back to Blue Lagoon. We loved it. I've never seen a piece of paradise with a piece of Sea World in a natural setting that didn't break the bank.

It is a place for our family!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: