Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
LoKiHB
Mouseketeer

People that work for Disney are there because they chose to apply for the job. To the best of my knowledge, Disney Corporation does not impose a draft.

That being said, they are human beings. Not everyone is going to have a great day every day. People have lives outside of work, and whether or not anyone deems it acceptable, our personal lives do leak into our work day.

Everyone has their breaking point. Our family was there back in May, and we spent two days at SWW, and the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend at MK. It was VERY crowded. I didn't come across ONE rude CM the entire week. I DID however witness many rude guests. I also witnessed CM's handling those guests in a very professional manner.

I'm not saying that rude guests entitle CM's to be rude in return, but I know that some people can be downright mean when they don't get their way.

I will be the first to admit that I am not the most patient person, but I always make sure I am nice and polite to anyone in any type of service position, because I've BEEN that person. I know first hand how hard it is to keep your cool or check your tongue when dealing with rude people. I also know that because my personal life is not going well on a particular day that while I might not have been my normal self, letting it show through as the dominant part of my personality was not acceptable.

It's a give and take.

I believe that what we see in Disney is a microcosm of the way the rest of the world is in general.

In my opinion... The world needs a drink! Everyone should just RELAX!!!

"Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies"
LoKiHB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: