Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroMagic*o* View Post
When do you have to make reservations for the DCL buses to take you to PC?
And does the DCL bus take you to WDW after your cruise? I imagine it does as Ive seen DCL buses pulling up to the resorts. Is it the same price to go to a WDW resort as it is to go to MCO? Also does anyone know if there is a charge to rent a car from PC and return it to MCO?

Bolding is mine....Yes, there will be a charge to rent from PC to MCO. I have never heard of rental agency that does not charge for renting a car. Do you possibly mean is there a rental agency that does not charge an additional "drop off" fee?

We have used most all the rental agencies from PC to MCO and usually find Thrifty charges a drop off fee but sometimes their prices are so much cheaper than the others that they still come out less even with the drop fee. We price them all to see who is giving the best price at the time of the rental. Also, reprice your rental in the time leading up to the rental period. Often the prices changes and I will rebook at a lower price and cancel the original rental booking.

Agencies at the port are: Avis, Hertz, Budget, Alamo/Enterprise and Dollar/Thrifty.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

I don't know if the term is "drop off fee", but my question was do they charge to rent a car from PC and return to a different lot? We would be picking it up at PC and returning to MCO.

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #18
LaurenAlamo
Earning My Ears

I've been wondering about the shuttle process also. We plan to book on the dcl shuttle from Mco to port canaveral with our 23 month old. I really do not want to cart around her huge car seat on the plane and then onto the shuttle and then have to keep it in our room. Any advice or ideas. For safety reasons I obviously want my daughter to be safe and in a car seat but does dcl shuttle offer any already on it?
LaurenAlamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #19
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroMagic*o* View Post
I don't know if the term is "drop off fee", but my question was do they charge to rent a car from PC and return to a different lot? We would be picking it up at PC and returning to MCO.
A drop off fee is the term used when a rental agency charges you for dropping a car off at a different place than where you rented. So yes, you may be charged a drop off fee from Thrifty but we have not experienced drop off fees from the other agencies and as mentioned Thrifty may come out cheaper even with the drop off fee. Best bet is to price them all out. you can find some good rental discount codes at www.mousesavers.com

MJ
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 06-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #20
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAlamo View Post
I've been wondering about the shuttle process also. We plan to book on the dcl shuttle from Mco to port canaveral with our 23 month old. I really do not want to cart around her huge car seat on the plane and then onto the shuttle and then have to keep it in our room. Any advice or ideas. For safety reasons I obviously want my daughter to be safe and in a car seat but does dcl shuttle offer any already on it?
DCL transfers do not supply car seats but many car rental agency do have car seats (for a fee usually).

MJ
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 06-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAlamo View Post
If you are using the car seat on the plane, I believe you can have to bus driver store it under the bus (with the other bags) for the trip to the port. Once at the port, I'm not sure whether you can check it like a checked bag or you must carry it onboard. I'll point out here that checked bags do undergo a pretty rough trip from terminal to your room:

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #22
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
A drop off fee is the term used when a rental agency charges you for dropping a car off at a different place than where you rented. So yes, you may be charged a drop off fee from Thrifty but we have not experienced drop off fees from the other agencies and as mentioned Thrifty may come out cheaper even with the drop off fee. Best bet is to price them all out. you can find some good rental discount codes at www.mousesavers.com

MJ
Great, thank you!

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: