Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
rowan555
DIS Veteran

Newbie Question about Dining Plan Promotion Combined with Staying On Site

I just read about the new 2 days free dining deal, and when I checked the prices for the week we're going, it it pretty tempting.

Our original plan was to stay one night onsite at Universal, do the parks those two days, then relocate to a Disney value resort for 4 nights (although we only plan to do one day of Disney parks, the rest will be Downtown Disney, etc).

I am now thinking of switching it up to take advantage of the special with dining at Universal and staying at the Universal partner hotel for 4 nights, then on night 5 moving over to an on site hotel and using the tickets and free dining on those 2 days. It LOOKS like we can use the dining plan even after checking out of the partner hotel - I hope that's the case.

Does this seem silly, considering we will be at a Universal partner hotel, but heading to the Disney area the first few days? I'm not sure how far apart the two are. As I said, we're only doing the Disney theme parks one full day, so perhaps it's not a big deal. Also compelling is the free breakfast at the partner hotel, versus no free breakfast at Disney!

Opinions?
rowan555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

if you do that, please let us know how it went for you.

haven't heard of anyone booking the package with the free dining yet and i'm curious how others like it.

i have friends that stay the entire time at the darkside hotel onsite and do a few motherland visits.

nothing unusual about doing that.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
dmaz
Mouseketeer

Not sure when you are going, but we did one night onsite then moved to Disney. The free food would not be worth losing the front of the line passes to us. We were on an extended vacation and went back a third day when we were on Disney property . The lines were so unbearable by 11am that we only stayed until 12pm and then left.
We decided we would not go back during the summer without staying onsite and risk the long lines. If you know for sure it's a slow time you should be ok.

POR/Dolphin Dec 2014 :Dolphin/CR Aug 2013, Dolphin Jun 2012, POLY Aug 2009, CBR May 2007, AKL April 2006, WL Jan 2005, POFQ May 2004, POR April 2002
dmaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: