Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Kendal
DIS Veteran
 
Kendal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois not Chicago!
Posts: 510

Any disney cruisers from illinois

Just checking Illinois fr some Disney cruisers

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
sskem96
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,199

We are going on our first Disney cruise on the Dream Jan 5-9! We live in Bloomington.
__________________
Scott, Sara, Kristi, and Emily M.
sskem96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
Kendal
DIS Veteran
 
Kendal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois not Chicago!
Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96 View Post
We are going on our first Disney cruise on the Dream Jan 5-9! We live in Bloomington.
I'm sure you will enjoy we have been on 2 dream cruises before and have number 3 booked for march.... We usually drive we love about 1 to 1.5 hours east of St. Louis in southern il... A little town close to me vernon... We drove to the port last time took 16 hours straight through I hope u all have a very good time... I'm sure you will

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
DisneyBride1214
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyBride1214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cortland IL
Posts: 147

I am going on my first DisneyDream Cruise December 15-19 2014. My DF and I will be getting married on board in Nassau. I am a 40 something bride that will be taking all my kids and grand kids. I am also going to get involved in the FE if I can find someone out there that is taking the same cruise as us. We are from Cortland Illinois right outside of DeKalb
__________________




DisneyBride1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #5
sskem96
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendal

I'm sure you will enjoy we have been on 2 dream cruises before and have number 3 booked for march.... We usually drive we love about 1 to 1.5 hours east of St. Louis in southern il... A little town close to me vernon... We drove to the port last time took 16 hours straight through I hope u all have a very good time... I'm sure you will

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I used to visit family in that area when I was a kid. We would stop in Fairfield to visit my great aunt and uncle, and then go to Flora to my grandpa's. Every time we went to visit, I would come home with a southern accent that would stick with me for weeks! My first grade teacher was so confused when my mom went in for a conference and she didn't have my accent, she ended up making me go to speech class!

We aren't brave enough to make the drive, but if airfare keeps going up at this rate we might have to do it eventually. 16 hours doesn't really sound too bad. I think part of the reason DH loves Disney so much is that there's no driving involved. He somtimes drives 4-6 hours a day for work, so it's the last thing he wants to do on vacation.
__________________
Scott, Sara, Kristi, and Emily M.
sskem96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
Kendal
DIS Veteran
 
Kendal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois not Chicago!
Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride1214 View Post
I am going on my first DisneyDream Cruise December 15-19 2014. My DF and I will be getting married on board in Nassau. I am a 40 something bride that will be taking all my kids and grand kids. I am also going to get involved in the FE if I can find someone out there that is taking the same cruise as us. We are from Cortland Illinois right outside of DeKalb
Congrats on ur wedding

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Kendal
DIS Veteran
 
Kendal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois not Chicago!
Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96 View Post

I used to visit family in that area when I was a kid. We would stop in Fairfield to visit my great aunt and uncle, and then go to Flora to my grandpa's. Every time we went to visit, I would come home with a southern accent that would stick with me for weeks! My first grade teacher was so confused when my mom went in for a conference and she didn't have my accent, she ended up making me go to speech class!

We aren't brave enough to make the drive, but if airfare keeps going up at this rate we might have to do it eventually. 16 hours doesn't really sound too bad. I think part of the reason DH loves Disney so much is that there's no driving involved. He somtimes drives 4-6 hours a day for work, so it's the last thing he wants to do on vacation.
Funny u say thT I grew up in wante city witch is not far from fairfeild and also live in flora for a couple years... Am now in salem and yes I know the accent... I do have it also and my Inlaws from Wisconsin lik the way I talk lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
nfrank
Mouseketeer
 
nfrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chungju-si, North Chungcheongbuk-do, South Korea
Posts: 132

I'm from Springfield and will be doing my first Disney cruise July 25  28 on the Disney Dream!
__________________
Have a magical day!

January 25 - 31, 2014 - Tokyo Disney Resort (Tokyo Disneyland/Tokyo DisneySea) - Offsite (Hotel Lumiere Kasai)
July 25 - 28, 2013 - Disney Cruise Line - Disney Dream
July 19 - 25, 2013 - Walt Disney World - Disney's Polynesian Resort
October 24 - 30, 2012 - Walt Disney World - Coronado Springs Resort
nfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
Kendal
DIS Veteran
 
Kendal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois not Chicago!
Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrank View Post
I'm from Springfield and will be doing my first Disney cruise July 25 28 on the Disney Dream!
You will enjoy every minute... Our first Disney was only 3 night an we wanted more... We booked our second less than a week later... Wish we would if booked it onboard lol.. It was a 4 night... The one we have booked for march of 2014 is a 3 night!! Still lookin forward to it any Disney cruise I better than no cruise lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #10
DisneyBride1214
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyBride1214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cortland IL
Posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendal View Post
Congrats on ur wedding

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you so much Kendal...I am so excited. I have 13 Adults and 7 kids going on the cruise also. I heard so many good things about the Disney Cruises. I am getting prepared to book another after this one

I am so looking for people that are going on the same cruise. I want to get involved in the FE for the kids.
__________________




DisneyBride1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
nfulkmd
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 17

This is very strange, but I have ties to so many of you. I grew up in Sandwich which is not far from Cortland. I lived in Fairfield for 6 years and know Wayne City and Flora very well. AND, I currently live in Bloomington! We are going on the Alaskan Cruise leaving Monday, July 15th! I can hardly wait. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and our 1st to Alaska. I LOVE the Disney cruises as do my daughters, ages 14 and 11. I hope you all have a great time also!
nfulkmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #12
DisneyBride1214
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyBride1214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cortland IL
Posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfulkmd View Post
This is very strange, but I have ties to so many of you. I grew up in Sandwich which is not far from Cortland. I lived in Fairfield for 6 years and know Wayne City and Flora very well. AND, I currently live in Bloomington! We are going on the Alaskan Cruise leaving Monday, July 15th! I can hardly wait. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and our 1st to Alaska. I LOVE the Disney cruises as do my daughters, ages 14 and 11. I hope you all have a great time also!
Leaving real soon! I hope you have so much fun. I went to Alaska but not on a cruise (this one is my 1st). Alaska is beautiful. I went in the winter time which was beautiful I can just imagine how it will be in the summer. Have fun and I want to see pictures
__________________




DisneyBride1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #13
sskem96
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,199

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfulkmd
This is very strange, but I have ties to so many of you. I grew up in Sandwich which is not far from Cortland. I lived in Fairfield for 6 years and know Wayne City and Flora very well. AND, I currently live in Bloomington! We are going on the Alaskan Cruise leaving Monday, July 15th! I can hardly wait. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and our 1st to Alaska. I LOVE the Disney cruises as do my daughters, ages 14 and 11. I hope you all have a great time also!
Hmm, is your daughter going to be freshman at BHS by any chance? Because mine is! They're probably friends on FB!

We are contemplating booking an Alaskan cruise for next August for DH's 40th while onboard in Jan. You'll have to tell me how you like it. Trying to decide if we should take the kids on that one or leave them at home. My oldest will be nearly 18 by then so I'd be ok leaving them home with grandparents nearby, but if she ends up loving Vibe she might want to come with!
__________________
Scott, Sara, Kristi, and Emily M.
sskem96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
sskem96
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,199

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfulkmd
This is very strange, but I have ties to so many of you. I grew up in Sandwich which is not far from Cortland. I lived in Fairfield for 6 years and know Wayne City and Flora very well. AND, I currently live in Bloomington! We are going on the Alaskan Cruise leaving Monday, July 15th! I can hardly wait. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and our 1st to Alaska. I LOVE the Disney cruises as do my daughters, ages 14 and 11. I hope you all have a great time also!
Nevermind, I just looked at your user name and figured out who you are. Duh, I just talked to you the other morning and you told me you were getting ready to leave on vacation! Just didn't know you were a DISer or where you were going on vacation! I'll be sure to ask you about the cruise when you get back
__________________
Scott, Sara, Kristi, and Emily M.
sskem96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #15
snickerdodo
Mouseketeer
 
snickerdodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 193

okawville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendal View Post
Congrats on ur wedding

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
hi all, we r from okawville,il does anyone know where that is? about 35 miles east of stl. we r going on the 31 oct cruise,on the dream. so glad so many disers from mt vernon area,its about 30 miles east of us. small world
__________________
Disney Cruises
1/13/05 Wonder 3-day Bahamas
1/19/06 Wonder 3-day Bahamas
2/03/07 Magic 7-day Eastern Caribbean
11/29/07 Wonder 3-day Bahamas
1/21/10 Wonder 3-day Bahamas
11/03/11 Dream 3-day Bahamas
4/30/12 Magic 4-day Bahamas
9/12/12 Magic 5-day Canada
12/02/12 Dream 4-day Bahamas
10/31/13 Dream 3-day Bahamas
1/18/2014 Fantasy 7-day Western Caribbean
snickerdodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.