Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #346
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I update my trip report too a few days ago. I think you ladies missed it.

I just started reading this morning, I have a lot to catch up on!

Quote:

And I have a mini update for the cruise.....we're officially changing to late dinner and Pam is going to join us at our table. It's going to be a total blast!
I can't wait!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #347
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I just started reading this morning, I have a lot to catch up on!

I can't wait!!!

210 days!!!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #348
Pinkocto

Quote:
210 days!!!

We passed the 7 month mark the other day!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 06-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #349
rentayenta

Quote:

We passed the 7 month mark the other day!!!

You're right! we did!!

By no means am I wishing the summer away but I can't wait for our first Disney cruise.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #350
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
My goodness! How much longer until they're ready?
I'm hoping by next weekend. Now I'm dependent on Darcy's brother to put up blinds. He has a reguoar job fromm 4AM to 1PM so its when he has time. There are 13 valanaces left to be hung.

Quote:
I read your update in your PTR and you have been so busy! I hope things calm down soon.

I hope you find good renters too. I can imagine its a little scary trying to sift through the applicants. How long until you can official list?

Income for the future is a GOOD thing!

How are you doing on your own remodel? Is that sort of on the back burner until the apartments get rented?

And isn't D23 coming up? I got my free membership through the Disney Store. Guess it's the same one offered through DVC. It's not very exciting. If I lived closer I'd upgrade. Just too hard to take advantage of all the goodness living so far away.
I hope they calm down too. Today I'm not doing any manual labor! Maybe bill paying online. I haven't gone through all the mail this week. Its all in a pile. The sign for the apartment went up Tuesday so its officially listed. I still need to finish the website, but right now all my pictures are taken so as to hide the windows since the blinds aren't up yet. Usually its not a case of choosing "between" applicants. Generally we have one at a time, we just have to determine if thwy are financially qualified and then everyone seems to have dogs. These places aren't big enough fir more than one dog or one much bigger than about 10 lbs. Yesterday we had a guy who wanted to make a "pen" for his dog on the upstairs landing so the dog could be outside whik e he was gone. That's not fair to the dog or the other tenants!

We can't even think about our remodel unless the historical commission gives us the go ahead. We have that crazy lady next door vowing to fight us. The hearing is on July 8th so until then we have no idea.

The Expo is about six weeis away. I joined a sorcerers group on FB and fiund out our exo starts Thurs at 9AM so we booked an extra night at the Hilton so we won't be late for check in amd shopping. We paid enough for these tickets, we better get everything out of them!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #351
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm hoping by next weekend. Now I'm dependent on Darcy's brother to put up blinds. He has a reguoar job fromm 4AM to 1PM so its when he has time. There are 13 valanaces left to be hung.

Can you rent them before the blinds are up? I'm sure people will believe they are coming. I hope he gets them up soon though. You must be absolutely exhausted. I hope you and Fran are relaxing with a nice glass of wine tonight.

Quote:
I hope they calm down too. Today I'm not doing any manual labor! Maybe bill paying online. I haven't gone through all the mail this week. Its all in a pile. The sign for the apartment went up Tuesday so its officially listed. I still need to finish the website, but right now all my pictures are taken so as to hide the windows since the blinds aren't up yet. Usually its not a case of choosing "between" applicants. Generally we have one at a time, we just have to determine if thwy are financially qualified and then everyone seems to have dogs. These places aren't big enough fir more than one dog or one much bigger than about 10 lbs. Yesterday we had a guy who wanted to make a "pen" for his dog on the upstairs landing so the dog could be outside whik e he was gone. That's not fair to the dog or the other tenants!
I agree, thats too small of a space. Are your apartments in Long Beach? I have tons of local friends if you want me to spread the word? I'd be happy to post about them.

Quote:
We can't even think about our remodel unless the historical commission gives us the go ahead. We have that crazy lady next door vowing to fight us. The hearing is on July 8th so until then we have no idea.
Whats her ground for opposing the add on? You're building up correct? I hope the judge dismisses her concerns. Your plans sound terrific so far. I love the HM room idea. Its going to be incredible.

Quote:
The Expo is about six weeis away. I joined a sorcerers group on FB and fiund out our exo starts Thurs at 9AM so we booked an extra night at the Hilton so we won't be late for check in amd shopping. We paid enough for these tickets, we better get everything out of them!

I can't wait for your report. They are always so wonderfully detailed. You're staying at the Hilton? Is the expo at the Hilton too?

Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 AM   #352
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Can you rent them before the blinds are up? I'm sure people will believe they are coming. I hope he gets them up soon though. You must be absolutely exhausted. I hope you and Fran are relaxing with a nice glass of wine tonight.

I agree, thats too small of a space. Are your apartments in Long Beach? I have tons of local friends if you want me to spread the word? I'd be happy to post about them.

Whats her ground for opposing the add on? You're building up correct? I hope the judge dismisses her concerns. Your plans sound terrific so far. I love the HM room idea. Its going to be incredible.

I can't wait for your report. They are always so wonderfully detailed. You're staying at the Hilton? Is the expo at the Hilton too?
We had a nice steak dinner with some friends and Groupon so life is good!

You can certainly post something, but let me get the website finished. These units are in Park Estates, and we want everything done before we hand the keys over. If someone fills out an application, we'll get them done before they get the keys.

I have no idea what her grounds for opposing are, but if they aren't truly valid the judge will dismiss them. Our architect is already alerting the rep at the city that we have a "crazy lady" who will be opposing us.

I will post a link on my PTR to the Expo TR, I've already started on the first post, but haven't worked on it since we went into high gear on the apartments. I hope we can get them done in the next couple days. This is driving me nuts, and there isn't much left that I personally can do. Most of it is on Darcy's brother who is putting up the blinds.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #353
MEK
DIS Veteran

209!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Back!!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #354
Pinkocto

Quote:
You're right! we did!!

By no means am I wishing the summer away but I can't wait for our first Disney cruise.
I know exactly what you mean. The worst is when the holidays are right in the middle. By no means do I want to rush them by, but I want to get to that cruise!!!

Old 06-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #355
Pinkocto

Quote:
Ahhh, fingers are crossed he can get to them soon.

Quote:
Poor doggy

Old 06-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #356
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
209!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Back!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!!

Old 06-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #357
Pinkocto

Flights are up! I haven't looked at prices but they're up!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #358
rentayenta

Quote:
Flights are up! I haven't looked at prices but they're up!
I see, I see!!!!! Not great, not horrible. Good flight times going in; only 9 am and 2:30 pm going out....

If we fly into FL should Joshua and I stay the night in FL or cab it to Miami and stay there as it'll be easier in the morning?

Did you look for yours yet?

I still haven't decided what we're going to do after and today is the 7th month mark. Have you decided? I feel like a total spazz!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #359
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
209!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Back!!!!!!!
back! I need to check your trip report for an update.

Don't you begin the new job next week?

Old 06-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #360
rentayenta

Quote:

We had a nice steak dinner with some friends and Groupon so life is good!

I love your coupons! You always know where to get the deals. It's awesome! Where did you go?

Quote:
You can certainly post something, but let me get the website finished. These units are in Park Estates, and we want everything done before we hand the keys over. If someone fills out an application, we'll get them done before they get the keys.
Park Estates? That's a nice area. They'll be rented in no time.

Quote:
I have no idea what her grounds for opposing are, but if they aren't truly valid the judge will dismiss them. Our architect is already alerting the rep at the city that we have a "crazy lady" who will be opposing us.
So she just filed a motion for a hearing? What a waste of everyone's time. I'm sorry she's stalling the process. Hopefully the judge fines her for wasting tax payer dollars on nonsense.

Quote:
I will post a link on my PTR to the Expo TR, I've already started on the first post, but haven't worked on it since we went into high gear on the apartments. I hope we can get them done in the next couple days. This is driving me nuts, and there isn't much left that I personally can do. Most of it is on Darcy's brother who is putting up the blinds.
Thats what so hard, waiting on others. I know he has a job, any idea when he can get to it? Hopefully at least by the weekend at the latest.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: