Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #16
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkl0ver66 View Post
We are planning on staying at the Poly in June 2014. I'm now worried that we will be having construction while we are there :-/ any chance they might be done by then? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?
The word is it will be finished in 2015.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #17
Tropics
Mouseketeer

I'm keeping a close watch on this as well. We're currently booked at the Poly for the first week of December and if there is construction that will impact our stay then we'll definitely be moving. Given the price of the Poly I will not pay those high rates to endure construction. That said, we were there at the and of January this year when they were re-doing Hawaii and that construction did not affect us in any way.
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #18
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

tikiman just added a blog on his site, at the bottom he gets into every aspect of the speculation. All I can say is anything can happen, and the time line is not so firm, he quotes dates out as far as 2017? who knows? As soon as Disney is final with there plans I guess we will know, until then I guess we just have to wait and hope for a timely announcement so we can all plan accordingly.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #19
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
I'm keeping a close watch on this as well. We're currently booked at the Poly for the first week of December and if there is construction that will impact our stay then we'll definitely be moving. Given the price of the Poly I will not pay those high rates to endure construction. That said, we were there at the and of January this year when they were re-doing Hawaii and that construction did not affect us in any way.
I agree with the price beeing too high to endure construction, but price aside, no matter where you choose to stay on vacation, construction can be a bummer. For us it would depend on what is going on. Rehabs inside a buliding are one thing, jackhammers, saws, etc outside is another. For us at least. I can't say that if there is ANY construction we won't go. It depends on what it is during our trip.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #20
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
Hmmm, why so vague? It is not fair to customers not to disclose what will be happening.
My guess is that they aren't going to commit to a start date until they know how the new DVC at GF is selling. I don't have anything to support this other than old patterns, but it seems likely. The refurb will be done in early October so I am sure they are going to wait on any additional construction until they are ready to start the DVC project.

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
My guess is that they aren't going to commit to a start date until they know how the new DVC at GF is selling. I don't have anything to support this other than old patterns, but it seems likely. The refurb will be done in early October so I am sure they are going to wait on any additional construction until they are ready to start the DVC project.
That would make sense. For us I just want to know what will be happening around Aug 2014. Only time will tell.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #22
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Following~ we go each January for the Marathon Weekend and usually stay at the Polynesian. Will be watching for updates~

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

I have nothing to add except an opinion. The Poly is my favorite resort we have stayed in so far, and I thought about booking it for our upcoming late September trip. I went with WL instead because it was significantly cheaper, plus with rumors of pending construction I did not want to take a chance with the Poly.
My thinking on staying deluxe is that there is no way I will pay anything near full price to stay at a deluxe that is under construction. The price is too high and WDW has too many other wonderful options for me to have to take a chance on having to pay full retail to hear jackhammers, breathe sawdust, and look at a crane out of a $450 p/n window.

I am confident that whatever Disney comes up with for Poly will be terrific, and I look forward to a return stay after it is all settled... unless they want to start cutting prices during construction.
Zippa D Doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #24
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have nothing to add except an opinion. The Poly is my favorite resort we have stayed in so far, and I thought about booking it for our upcoming late September trip. I went with WL instead because it was significantly cheaper, plus with rumors of pending construction I did not want to take a chance with the Poly.
My thinking on staying deluxe is that there is no way I will pay anything near full price to stay at a deluxe that is under construction. The price is too high and WDW has too many other wonderful options for me to have to take a chance on having to pay full retail to hear jackhammers, breathe sawdust, and look at a crane out of a $450 p/n window.

I am confident that whatever Disney comes up with for Poly will be terrific, and I look forward to a return stay after it is all settled... unless they want to start cutting prices during construction.
Agreed!

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #25
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post

exactly.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

The best indicator of Disney Vacation Development moving forward on a project has been the Florida Water management District's website, since this is the only governmental agency Disney needs to receive permits from for changes on property. This is how the villas at the Grand Floridian were uncovered as well as Bay Lake Tower.

Keep an eye on here (or in the DVC boards, as people watch the website with regularity), and you'll know when it moves from rumor to possible construction.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #27
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
tikiman just added a blog on his site, at the bottom he gets into every aspect of the speculation. All I can say is anything can happen, and the time line is not so firm, he quotes dates out as far as 2017? who knows? As soon as Disney is final with there plans I guess we will know, until then I guess we just have to wait and hope for a timely announcement so we can all plan accordingly.
Just read Tikiman's latest update and note that he's reporting that the Volcano Pool may be down for an extended refurb starting in January 2014. If this rumor is true and the refurb takes as long as the Courtyard Pool refurb at the GF (which took about 7 months), I'll have to adjust my May 2014 trip plans and stay elsewhere.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #28
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
Just read Tikiman's latest update and note that he's reporting that the Volcano Pool may be down for an extended refurb starting in January 2014. If this rumor is true and the refurb takes as long as the Courtyard Pool refurb at the GF (which took about 7 months), I'll have to adjust my May 2014 trip plans and stay elsewhere.
That is a major bummer. That would be a resort changer for us as we'll.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #29
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
The best indicator of Disney Vacation Development moving forward on a project has been the Florida Water management District's website, since this is the only governmental agency Disney needs to receive permits from for changes on property. This is how the villas at the Grand Floridian were uncovered as well as Bay Lake Tower.

Keep an eye on here (or in the DVC boards, as people watch the website with regularity), and you'll know when it moves from rumor to possible construction.
Hmmm good information! Thanks, will keep an eye on the DVC board.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #30
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: