Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #46
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Yes, I'm a loser

Lost 2lb last week and another 3 this week, so only 1/2lb off my next half stone I really can't believe that i've lost just short of 2 and a half stone since January. It was really sunny last weekend and I dug out my summer shorts, only for them to fall off me

So, how's everyone else doing?
Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #47
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
Yes, I'm a loser

Lost 2lb last week and another 3 this week, so only 1/2lb off my next half stone I really can't believe that i've lost just short of 2 and a half stone since January. It was really sunny last weekend and I dug out my summer shorts, only for them to fall off me

So, how's everyone else doing?
Wow ! That's brilliant Julie, I think it's time for some holiday clothes shopping

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
Ms Poppins

Is it just me here

Well, for some strange reason I put on half a pound this week! I don't know why - hand on heart I never ate a single thing over my allowance So I now have 1Ib to lose to get to my next half stone.

My diet leader seems to think that I should vary the foods I eat more - so I've been doing that this week. Fingers crossed it makes a difference.

And yes Mandy - I need to go shopping....trying to hold off until the week before my hols.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 06-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #49
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Im here too

I changed my foods a few times (and any exercise too) i found sometimes it was a bit to boring and usually a shake up resulted in a good loss. So fingers crossed for you.

Ive plodded along for a few weeks but im finally just a few lbs from goal. Im back in my pre pregnancy jeans and holiday clothes. Although one or two pairs of shorts are a little snug still. Hopefully a few more lbs should sort that.

Overall ive lost just shy of 3 stone

I'll still be dieting but not as seriously as i was before. Healthy in the week but need my weekend vino back!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #50
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Is it just me here

Well, for some strange reason I put on half a pound this week! I don't know why - hand on heart I never ate a single thing over my allowance So I now have 1Ib to lose to get to my next half stone.

My diet leader seems to think that I should vary the foods I eat more - so I've been doing that this week. Fingers crossed it makes a difference.

And yes Mandy - I need to go shopping....trying to hold off until the week before my hols.

How's everyone else doing?
Fingers crossed for a loss this week hun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
Im here too

I changed my foods a few times (and any exercise too) i found sometimes it was a bit to boring and usually a shake up resulted in a good loss. So fingers crossed for you.

Ive plodded along for a few weeks but im finally just a few lbs from goal. Im back in my pre pregnancy jeans and holiday clothes. Although one or two pairs of shorts are a little snug still. Hopefully a few more lbs should sort that.

I'll still be dieting but not as seriously as i was before. Healthy in the week but need my weekend vino back!
Wow !! that's an amazing loss Laura, you should be very proud of yourself

Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #51
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

I am normally about, but Iíve been away to Malta, so Iíve had a couple of weeks off...

Pleased to report, despite being all-inclusive for a week I only gained Ĺ lb!! I guess thatís what running around after a toddler all week does for you

And since, Iíve lost that Ĺ lb, so Iím now back at a total of 22.6lb since NYís day. Iíve been back on My Fitness Pal for real since Monday this week, so Iím hoping to kick-start my losses again after a lovely two weeks off and enjoying some lovely food with friends and family

From briefly reading the thread it seems everyone is still going great, despite it now being June! Plenty have normally fell off the wagon by this stage in the year!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #52
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
I am normally about, but Iíve been away to Malta, so Iíve had a couple of weeks off...

Pleased to report, despite being all-inclusive for a week I only gained Ĺ lb!! I guess thatís what running around after a toddler all week does for you

And since, Iíve lost that Ĺ lb, so Iím now back at a total of 22.6lb since NYís day. Iíve been back on My Fitness Pal for real since Monday this week, so Iím hoping to kick-start my losses again after a lovely two weeks off and enjoying some lovely food with friends and family

From briefly reading the thread it seems everyone is still going great, despite it now being June! Plenty have normally fell off the wagon by this stage in the year!
Well done on only gaining 1/2lb on your holiday Rachel, and losing it since coming back Congrats on your total weight loss, that's brilliant

Old 06-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #53
Ms Poppins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
Im here too

Well done, it's amazing when you start to feel your clothes loose...well done your fantastic weight loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post

Great that you still managed a great holiday and only a little gain. I've been using My Fitness Pal too - it's great for getting calorie information. Well done keeping going

Well today I've lost 2.5 pounds That's 2 stone, 8.5 pounds in total. I'm so chuffed and feel so much better than I did at the start of the year. I keep focusing on the next half stone, so 5.5 pounds to go now.

Only 3 weeks until my holiday, so I'm going to really push to get there so I can eat whatever I want when I'm away
Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #54
Vickyrowe
Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

It's now or never!

I have decided to give myself a huge kick up the behind and start taking care of my self!

For too long I have put everyone else first!

I weighed my self for the first time in ages on the 11th of may and I nearly died, I was 17st 7lb!!!

I've always been big , but I never thought I was that heavy.

From 16 I'd always had very physical jobs working with horses , or on my feet all day chef-ing , but I had to give up at 21 to care for my DH.

I finally was able to start horse riding again last month, but it was clear after about 30 mins that I was super unfit , I am getting better though my muscles are remembering they exist and I haven't needed to take a break as much

Anyway I decided to cut out full sugar Coke and only drink diet, and since May i've lost 7lb

Me Dh and our friend Thom ( from our PTR) Have downloaded the MY FITNESS PAL app to track our calories and exercise.

I'm riding for 1 hour a week , doing a lot of schooling work so really working hard , and we are all trying to walk a few time a week .

It's early days but we are going to stick at it to get 'Theme Park Fit'
Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #55
Ms Poppins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickyrowe View Post
I have decided to give myself a huge kick up the behind and start taking care of my self!

I weighed my self for the first time in ages on the 11th of may and I nearly died, I was 17st 7lb!!!

From 16 I'd always had very physical jobs working with horses , or on my feet all day chef-ing , but I had to give up at 21 to care for my DH.

I finally was able to start horse riding again last month, but it was clear after about 30 mins that I was super unfit , I am getting better though my muscles are remembering they exist and I haven't needed to take a break as much

Anyway I decided to cut out full sugar Coke and only drink diet, and since May i've lost 7lb

Me Dh and our friend Thom ( from our PTR) Have downloaded the MY FITNESS PAL app to track our calories and exercise.

I'm riding for 1 hour a week , doing a lot of schooling work so really working hard , and we are all trying to walk a few time a week .

Well done on getting started, and your weight loss so far Sometimes starting is the hardest part.

For me, the best bit of advice I've ever been given was to keep it simple, and use a daily calorie allowance - that way you're not tied to a specific diet, you just know how much you can 'spend' each day. Just like your bank account, if you go over, you're in overdraft and if you go over calories, you end up overweight

Good luck
Old 06-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #56
Vickyrowe
Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

Quote:
Well done on getting started, and your weight loss so far Sometimes starting is the hardest part.

For me, the best bit of advice I've ever been given was to keep it simple, and use a daily calorie allowance - that way you're not tied to a specific diet, you just know how much you can 'spend' each day. Just like your bank account, if you go over, you're in overdraft and if you go over calories, you end up overweight

Good luck
Thanks, that's exactly what i'm going to do, I know I couldn't cope with salad everyday, I can still eat things I like just in moderation
Old 06-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #57
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickyrowe View Post

Well done on losing 7lbs Vicky Good Luck hun

Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #58
wifey
DIS Veteran

Will have to get back on track again soon all the stress has made me skip some meals. We have had a lot of strange days over the last few weeks which has not helped. I have also been poorly for the last month still fighting of an ear infection and sore throat too
. Today I leave my job after 22 years with the same employer but in different roles. We are having a buffet later provided by the management team so goodness knows what will be offered there. I will miss some if the staff after working closely with them for years but as in every work place there will be some I wouldn't miss too. Really gonna miss their moral support in the difficult days ahead but I am determined to find a new position that's right for me and my family and I have to be pro-active for this to happen so please keep your fingers crossed for me.
Our little kitty house guest is doing great ( off to the vet next week for spaying and vaccinations) she is up to a nice 4kg now there was little on her when she adopted us, we have had to put a new collar on her so we know who is who she is the double of our cat who seems to be tolerating her so far. This little kitty has been here a month now and we have been trying to get her better and do what's right for her, also a worry at the time but she is settling in well.
So next week I begin again to really shed some more pounds off and not add any more on or my holiday clothes will be a disaster.
Good luck everyone and keep up the great weight losses you have been having.

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 06-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #59
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Will have to get back on track again soon all the stress has made me skip some meals. We have had a lot of strange days over the last few weeks which has not helped. I have also been poorly for the last month still fighting of an ear infection and sore throat too
. Today I leave my job after 22 years with the same employer but in different roles. We are having a buffet later provided by the management team so goodness knows what will be offered there. I will miss some if the staff after working closely with them for years but as in every work place there will be some I wouldn't miss too. Really gonna miss their moral support in the difficult days ahead but I am determined to find a new position that's right for me and my family and I have to be pro-active for this to happen so please keep your fingers crossed for me.
Our little kitty house guest is doing great ( off to the vet next week for spaying and vaccinations) she is up to a nice 4kg now there was little on her when she adopted us, we have had to put a new collar on her so we know who is who she is the double of our cat who seems to be tolerating her so far. This little kitty has been here a month now and we have been trying to get her better and do what's right for her, also a worry at the time but she is settling in well.
So next week I begin again to really shed some more pounds off and not add any more on or my holiday clothes will be a disaster.
Good luck everyone and keep up the great weight losses you have been having.
Good luck getting back on track hun, and I hope you're feeling better soon too

Old 06-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #60
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

wow everyone is doing really well

I lost 3.5lbs this week bringing my total loss to 1 stone 5 1/2 lbs since Jan - I am chuffed to bits and feel so much better Hopefully I will get to 1 and a half stone loss this week.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: