Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #91
Tinkl0ver66
Earning My Ears

Ok, I'm new to this and all these letter abbreviations are making my head spin :-/ I can figure out some of them but would like to know what MDE stands for. We are going next year and I would like to see what that app is app about before we go
Tinkl0ver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #92
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkl0ver66 View Post
Ok, I'm new to this and all these letter abbreviations are making my head spin :-/ I can figure out some of them but would like to know what MDE stands for. We are going next year and I would like to see what that app is app about before we go
My Disney Experience. It's the app.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #93
Tinkl0ver66
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

My Disney Experience. It's the app.
Thank you!! I'm definitely going to look into that
Tinkl0ver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #94
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkl0ver66 View Post
Thank you!! I'm definitely going to look into that
I should add, it's also the similar section of the web site that deals with your profile, reservations, etc.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 06-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #95
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post
I'm glad that we decided to hold off on our next trip until 2014 in order to be able to stay Club Level at the Poly again, and more importantly so that Fast Pass+ will be up and in full swing.

We got to test it out when we were there in December, and it was AWESOME! AMAZING!! Can't say enough good things about it!

Made us feel like we were super VIP's!!!

If you are a planner, like I am (Disney trips planned down into 30 minute increments!) they are TOTALLY worth it!

I had over 1/2 a day freed up just because of the FP+ and The Toy Story ride!

Originally I had planned on waking up at the crack of dawn, being at HS 45 minutes before the gates opened, standing in line, getting pushed and shoved trying to get a FP for it, and then hanging out until our FP time (HS is the park we spend the LEAST time at).

With the FP+, we were able to make a 2:10pm "appointment time", got up a bit late (8:30ish) had a leisurely breakfast in the lounge, went over and shopped a bit in the stores before getting on the monorail to Epcot to do a few things we missed the day before, then headed over to HS. We got to toy Story Mania about 5 minutes past our FP+ start time, walked through the que and were on the ride in about 5 minutes or so, then we hit the other things we wanted to do before our 5:00 ressies at Sci-Fi!

And the other rides and meet and greets we used them for, we always had less than 5 minute wait!

Unfortunately we actually had a father use some foul language at us and at the cast member because he and his daughters had been waiting 45 minutes to see Mickey Mouse, and we just walked up, showed them our FP+ and walked right in front of them and into the next group that were let into the room.

Oh, and the reserved places for parades and fireworks can't be beat!
No getting there to secure a spot 30-60 minutes prior and just waiting around on a corner.
We got there 5-10 minutes ahead of time and had prime, curb side seats, saved tons of time and got SO much more done than we would have without the FP+!

I am a HUGE fan of them!!!

I know there will be a ton of moaning and complaining, but for the 30% or so of us that are super planners, I think it is an AMAZING opportunity!

I just wish I knew what kind of price tag it is going to have on it or what stipulations it will have with it.

We usually go with a Room Only plan because it is a bigger (military) discount for us, but if they make it part of a package only deal, then we will have some big thinking to do about it!
~I doubt if you are still following this thread, but I like really like this post, so I will quote you again.

~Currently, there is another FP+ test underway at WDW, for guests staying at AKL, except this time it's with the Magic Bands. What's so funny is a poster described her experience and it was so similar to yours and the other reviews I've encountered. The poster said she felt just like a VIP, too!

~Anyway, by her accounts the test is going very smoothly and she is having a fabulous time, so hopefully this will be a sign of things to come!!! So get ready for 2014, it will be here before you know it!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #96
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Enough already.

Several posts have been removed from this thread. If you feel the need to argue with or attack another poster please do so by PM or email - as it will NOT be allowed on the boards.

If you choose not to receive PMs from another poster, you have the ability to place that poster on "Ignore" via your User Control Panel. Once on ignore you will never receive another PM from them and you will never see another post made by them.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #97
Minnie0602
Earning My Ears

How much do they plan on charging for this? I have been to Disney more times then I can keep track of and it does seen like a good idea not having to rush and get fastpasses at the parks. Hubby and I are planning a trip in Feb 14 and it's something I can see us doing
Minnie0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #98
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie0602 View Post
How much do they plan on charging for this? I have been to Disney more times then I can keep track of and it does seen like a good idea not having to rush and get fastpasses at the parks. Hubby and I are planning a trip in Feb 14 and it's something I can see us doing
At this point, it is going to be free for all.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #99
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill

At this point, it is going to be free for all.
And disney painted themselves in a bit of a corner regarding charges, because when disney first unveiled this new magic band/fastpass plus system in jan/feb, a congressman sent an aggressive letter with all sorts of questions/allegations about privacy rights, etc (and other issues relating to the system), but disney shot right back with an aggressive response. But one of the questions was whether disney would be charging for the fastpass plus, and disney said no- and was pretty unequivocal. They may try to "wiggle" around their response in the future (eg, maybe some basic level will be "free", but charge extra for more/better service) but I assume they do not want to be accused of lying to congress - I was actually a bit surprised at the directness of the response at that particular question.
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #100
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

A new wdwmagic article posted today. Basically, while they claim "source familiar to the situation", it looks like a summary of stuff we know already.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...-this-year.htm (this was also posted up in TPAS, and I'm sure someone else will post a new thread with it, but it's here as it's pertinent to this conversation and I posted it first so there! )

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #101
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
A new wdwmagic article posted today. Basically, while they claim "source familiar to the situation", it looks like a summary of stuff we know already.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...-this-year.htm (this was also posted up in TPAS, and I'm sure someone else will post a new thread with it, but it's here as it's pertinent to this conversation and I posted it first so there! )
Yeah...nothing new, and a few old items from the T&C that aren't in the latest revision, like AP holders needing to hold on to the ticket card for discounts.

About the only real new thing is that they say parking booths will have touchpoints - so that looks like it will be one of the "features" of the bands - parking entitlements. That should settle some issues.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #102
dwheaton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
And disney painted themselves in a bit of a corner regarding charges, because when disney first unveiled this new magic band/fastpass plus system in jan/feb, a congressman sent an aggressive letter with all sorts of questions/allegations about privacy rights, etc (and other issues relating to the system), but disney shot right back with an aggressive response. But one of the questions was whether disney would be charging for the fastpass plus, and disney said no- and was pretty unequivocal. They may try to "wiggle" around their response in the future (eg, maybe some basic level will be "free", but charge extra for more/better service) but I assume they do not want to be accused of lying to congress - I was actually a bit surprised at the directness of the response at that particular question.
Good points about the situation with the congressman. I think the more likely scenario is that Disney will offer perks to resort guests and have tiers based on where you stay. It will technically be free since there's no charge, but paying more for hotels will lead to better perks.
dwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #103
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
I seriously doubt that if they decided to change it, that congress would call them out for lying. It hadn't been implemented yet. And I really don't know what purpose the question served - is tracking our movements and using our personal data somehow better if we were paying for it?

The whole thing with the congressman - which in my opinion was nothing more than an election ploy (and he's local to me and I might have voted for him if I had the time to get to the polls), and served no other real purpose.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #104
vbmom40
Mouseketeer

New fast pass

My Family will be going to DL in December do the new fast passes apply to the DL resort or are they for WDW only?
vbmom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #105
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbmom40 View Post
My Family will be going to DL in December do the new fast passes apply to the DL resort or are they for WDW only?
They have not announced plans to use this at DL - yet.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: