Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #61
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Fantastic report!! We just got off the Dream in April, a 4 day, so I knew exactly what you were talking about. You are a trip expert planner, well done Mom!! So we are booked on the Oct 1st double dip in 2014, are you? What a blast you all are!!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #62
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie
Fantastic report!! We just got off the Dream in April, a 4 day, so I knew exactly what you were talking about. You are a trip expert planner, well done Mom!! So we are booked on the Oct 1st double dip in 2014, are you? What a blast you all are!!
Thank you. I really enjoyed planning this vacation. We are booked for October but may me moving it to spell
yajaira74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #63
IndyMouseFan
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for your report and all the wonderful pictures. (We'll be on the Dream 6 weeks from today!) Your daughters are beautiful and I loved reading about you all doing so many things together as a family. I really appreciate the time you took to do this for those of us who are still planning!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #64
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMouseFan
Thank you so much for your report and all the wonderful pictures. (We'll be on the Dream 6 weeks from today!) Your daughters are beautiful and I loved reading about you all doing so many things together as a family. I really appreciate the time you took to do this for those of us who are still planning!
Thank you! I loved doing it. We really do cherish our vacation time together. You are going to have a blast!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #65
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Just got a chance to read the rest of your report ...great job!

I can not wait till our 3 night next August.....until then I have next week at WDw to enjoy.....

Happy cruising in the future
DVC - BLT April 2011,
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
BLT - June 2013
Vero Beach - August 014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #66
disneyfreakliveshere
Earning My Ears

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for your trip report. I learned so much from it. I loved everything about it. I felt like I was on the cruise with you. I was even sad at the end when you left the boat. I love the water bike picture, I want to do that so bad. You have a beautiful family.
disneyfreakliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #67
rodneysmom04
Earning My Ears

Our 4 night cruise on the dream is 63 days away! We were initially planning to remain on board in Nassau, but after reading your report I am SUPER EXCITED to do the FREE walking tour Thanks so much for a great trip report
rodneysmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #68
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneysmom04 View Post
Our 4 night cruise on the dream is 63 days away! We were initially planning to remain on board in Nassau, but after reading your report I am SUPER EXCITED to do the FREE walking tour Thanks so much for a great trip report
You're going to love it. it was really interesting and fun. Warning, It was HOT! We had water bottles with us that we had kept cold in the refrigerator in the room. I bought them on board.
ENJOY!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #69
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreakliveshere View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for your trip report. I learned so much from it. I loved everything about it. I felt like I was on the cruise with you. I was even sad at the end when you left the boat. I love the water bike picture, I want to do that so bad. You have a beautiful family.
You are most welcome and thank you. It was an incredible experience.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #70
cbowmanmadison
MadisonDisney

What a great trip report! Thanks for sharing!!! Congratulations on all of your celebrations
cbowmanmadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #71
lolainkent
Mouseketeer

What an amazing trip! This is the first TR I've read the whole way through (newbie here!) and I loved it! We're on the Dream in Feb for 4 nights, first time cruisers, so I loved reading about your trip as a first time cruiser. Thanks for sharing, your family is lovely!

I like to travel, so I started a blog!
The Wanderlust Trap
lolainkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #72
Dunnmom
Earning My Ears

Couple of questions - Did you guys use passports or Birth certificates w picture ids? I am really not wanting to fork out $700 for passports unless it is necessary. Also, your trip sounds fantabulous!! Of all that you did, what all did you have to pay for out of pocket (especially at CC)?

Congrats on all of your celebrations!!
Dunnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #73
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnmom
Couple of questions - Did you guys use passports or Birth certificates w picture ids? I am really not wanting to fork out $700 for passports unless it is necessary. Also, your trip sounds fantabulous!! Of all that you did, what all did you have to pay for out of pocket (especially at CC)?

Congrats on all of your celebrations!!
DD21 used BC with drivers license The rest of us had passports. We only had to show the bc at the terminal.
We only paid for alcohol drinks & drink tasting. On CC we bought are own snorkel. So nothing out of pocket.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #74
disneymom727
DIS Veteran

Great trip report. I loved all the photos and information. We're going on a 3 night in Oct. I have a couple of quick questions.

How long were you off the ship in Nassau? We're not planning any excursions and were planning on spending more time on the ship but would like to get off for a little bit. Anything you recommend with an 11 & 6 yr. old.

You said you booked your cruise through your Travel Agent, when you rebooked onboard were you still able to book through that same Agent or did you just book directly through Disney? I like our agent and if we want to rebook I want her to be involved again.

Thanks!

disneymom727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #75
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom727 View Post
Great trip report. I loved all the photos and information. We're going on a 3 night in Oct. I have a couple of quick questions.

How long were you off the ship in Nassau? We're not planning any excursions and were planning on spending more time on the ship but would like to get off for a little bit. Anything you recommend with an 11 & 6 yr. old.

You said you booked your cruise through your Travel Agent, when you rebooked onboard were you still able to book through that same Agent or did you just book directly through Disney? I like our agent and if we want to rebook I want her to be involved again.

Thanks!
We got off the ship right after breakfast and jumped back on for lunch so around 3 hours. We all really enjoyed Fort Fincastle and you get a great view of the island from up there. Many people go to Pirate Musuem. It is really close by the ships and I hear it's fun. It's not free

At the booking desk I told them to please place it with our TA. They already had her on our file since she booked it. It was no issue. If anything just be sure to tell your TA that you booked on board so that she can make sure that she gets the reservation.

I'm sure you will all have an AWESOME time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: