Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Getting married on the Wonder

I just found out the exciting news that one of the couples we're traveling with on our next cruise is going to be getting married on the ship! This couple is more friends of our friends but we'll get to go to their wedding. I'm happy for them and excited to attend a wedding while on the cruise. Has anyone here gotten married on board? Or attended a wedding on board? I would love to see pictures or hear about your experiences!

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:20 AM   #2
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

You might find some trip reports and information on the Disney Weddings Board portion of the DIS. You'll have to comb a bit as it covers all of Disney, not just DCL.

We haven't attended a wedding onboard yet, but we are going to a vow renewal on the Dream next November.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
lovedisney123
Mouseketeer

I remember someone saying once that to get married on the ship you have to actually get married in Florida first and then they do another ceremony on the ship. Either that or maybe you do the one on the ship and then do it again once you return to Florida.

Maybe this isn't the case, but someone told me that. But if this is the case, they I think they go through a ceremony either on the ship or at Castaway Cay.
lovedisney123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

I got married on the Wonder in May. There's a legal ceremony while at port then the actual wedding ceremony is later in the week. Our ceremony was onboard the day that we were at Key West.
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
lovedisney123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
I got married on the Wonder in May. There's a legal ceremony while at port then the actual wedding ceremony is later in the week. Our ceremony was onboard the day that we were at Key West.
I am curious then, what date is on your marriage certificate (your anniversary)?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

While we were in Castaway Cay someone had a wedding. Don't know the details but the decorations were nice. They brought the guests over in a golf cart so they didn't have to walk. It was simple but looked very nice.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. - Mark Twain
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedisney123 View Post
I am curious then, what date is on your marriage certificate (your anniversary)?
The 'official' date will be the one done under the legal ceremony. This is common in other countries were a priest does not have legal power to perform a marriage. You have a legal ceremony typically during the week, and then a religious ceremony on the weekend.

You can celebrate the one you want however...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
lovedisney123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
The 'official' date will be the one done under the legal ceremony. This is common in other countries were a priest does not have legal power to perform a marriage. You have a legal ceremony typically during the week, and then a religious ceremony on the weekend.

You can celebrate the one you want however...
Thanks, I have wondered how that would work.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #9
ksinglet
Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

We got married on Castaway Cay in 2007. The "legal" ceremony was in a little room in Port Canaveral. I recognize our Castaway wedding date as our anniversary & my husband recognizes our legal one. I think he does it just to argue with me!

99 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 00 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 01 - Port Orleans, 02 - Disney Magic, 03 - Disney Magic, 04 - Disneyland Resort, 05 - Disney Magic, 06 - Disney Magic, 07 - Disney Magic, 08 - Disney Magic, 09 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Magic, 11 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Wonder, 12 - Bay Lake Tower & Disney Fantasy, 13 - B2B Disney Magic, 14 - B2B Disney Magic

[

ksinglet is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: