Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you enjoy/look forward to most about a repositioning cruise?
Different Ports of Call/Itinerary 44 38.26%
Variety of entertainment 14 12.17%
More opportunities to dine at Palo 8 6.96%
More Sea Days 84 73.04%
New and different dinner menus 20 17.39%
More interaction with cast and characters 19 16.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #151
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellB8585 View Post
Loving this TR! i have always fancied doing the Panama Canal and your TR as put it into a "must do" rather than "maybe one day" category. Can't wait to see the rest
Thanks! I hope you do get to do a PC cruise someday soon!
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #152
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Gold! (and more of the old city)

We stopped in to the gold museum and Jorge continued to play the roll of tour guide. There were several private tours going on in the small galleries- definitely a place to stop while in the old city.

makes you think twice when you see a big tree

The museum was off of this square that reminded me of Savannah.

This is a sundial on a building

Love the fruit sellers on the street corners - Jorge said that the government was trying to encourage people to eat more fruit for breakfast. Better than Brazil's "I'm happy being a prostitute" campaign (google it if you don't believe me).

These are all created with a computer printer and are worth about a $1 each. Panhandlers and street vendors will tell you that they made these "original watercolors" but they are just worthless posters made with an ink jet printer.
what a croc!

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 06-22-2013 at 11:05 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #153
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

A Little More Cartagena...

She's selling lotto tickets

Seems there's a Columbus Circle everywhere!

Jorge took us to a section that was like an outdoor farmer's market, but only with baked goods. Cookies lined up in jars like specimens in a mad scientist's laboratory. A hungry mad scientist.

Outside the art museum. I would have liked to visit but was out voted.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #154
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Last of our city tour

cool coffee car outside of the wall

Columbia flag and Cartagena flag

We went inside to get a t-shirt for someone that collects Hard Rock Café shirts but they were sold out - it was just after Season in Cartagena. The weather was cloudy and rainy and all the other cruise ships had stopped coming for the season.

Heading to the bus stop?

look at this tree!

driving back to the ship, Jorge pointed out the old and new buildings
Old 06-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #155
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Did you like Columbia? I enjoyed going through your pictures. I can't decide if it's somewhere that I'd like to visit. What was the highlight for you?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #156
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

I was sad when I got to the end. What a great trip report!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #157
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Did you like Columbia? I enjoyed going through your pictures. I can't decide if it's somewhere that I'd like to visit. What was the highlight for you?
I was only there for a few hours but what I saw I enjoyed seeing and I was glad to have experienced it, even for just a few hours. I think the highlight was just seeing the architecture and getting a feel for the history. I thought it was more interesting than the Mexican ports and perhaps even safer.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #158
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
I was sad when I got to the end. What a great trip report!

You don't have to be sad! It's not the end! It's only day five of the 14 day cruise and it's not even lunch time on day five! Plenty more to come!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #159
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

What DSis did while we were gone...

DSis got off the boat with us at Cartagena but didn't want to go on our driving tour.

Instead she walked around the harbor

Looks a little unsettling...

Then she found some pink flamingos and took photos of them

She took a lot of photos of them

She got to the end of the dock/harbor area and turned back

Looks like she then took some photos on the ship

Looks like she snacked

and took a picture of her view

When I got back I saw these Columbian soldiers onboard taking photos of each other all around the 9th deck. Was cute to see them so excited about the ship.

I met DSis in our stateroom - she was asleep in bed. So I jumped on the bed and scared her awake like a big sister should. And got her to go with me to get some lunch on the 9th deck.

These chicken fingers are addictive and the best chicken fingers anywhere. I can only eat chicken fingers on DCL and I find myself eating them as often as I can! Honestly. whoohoo for chicken fingers. Jimmy announced at the end of the cruise how many chicken fingers were consumed on our cruise. I think I had something to do with the high consumption rate.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #160
aan1701
DIS Veteran

I have to totality agree with you. Those Chicken Strips are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #161
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Day 5 afternoon

That afternoon we put on swimsuits and hit the pools.

The adult quite cove pool was empty and we had it pretty much all to ourselves until later in the afternoon when the excursions started to get back.

Was neat to see the view of Cartagena from the pool deck.

We had the Columbian flag flying while in Cartagena.

Loved seeing the characters in different costumes through out the cruise and just wandering around.

We enjoyed the hot tub

And I read for a little while

This is one of the few seats at the adult pool that is actually joined together like for couples. I was wondering why DSis was sitting so close to me and I kept trying to pull the chair away from her. Embarrassed how long it took me to realize it was one piece of furniture.

So when folks started to roll back around 2pm DSis and I went to the family pool, which was always less crowded than the adult pool on this cruise. Mom and Dad went back to their stateroom.

We didn't have a romantic chair like at the adult pool but the towel creatures were snuggling

At the family pool we watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids which I hadn't seen in probably 25 years. So enjoyed the movies on the funnel vision this cruise. Never did that before on the shorter cruises.

We then went back to the room to get ready for the evening and raided mom and dad's room to see what they got from concierge today.

cookies

Tonight's show was Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer - a game show with audience participation. DSis and I decided to skip it and mom and dad went and said we had made the better decision.

DSis and I went to the Cadillac Lounge and I bought her and I a glass of Moet & Chandon Imperial Champagne - as soon as I had ordered, Mom appeared as if on cue and asked for a glass too. Funny how mom seems to appear when some one else is buying the round!

Old 06-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #162
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your TR! I'm hoping DCL continues to do the Panama Canal cruises, I'd really like to book one the repo cruises after we do Alaska.
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #163
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castillo Mom View Post
I'm really enjoying your TR! I'm hoping DCL continues to do the Panama Canal cruises, I'd really like to book one the repo cruises after we do Alaska.
Thanks! Yeah Alaska looks great from the trip reports being posted right now.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #164
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Day 5 Dinner - Triton's and Triton's menu

This was our first cruise on the Wonder and so our first experience having the Triton menu. I enjoyed it.

corn fold

French onion

this was duck and it was delicious

sea bass

Patryk was great at helping suggest what to order

who's helpful - this guy

I skipped the soufflé - waiting for Palo but mom liked it.

Before DSis got started

after

this had some funky cherries in the center so even though it had chocolate, I skipped on this one. Think I skipped dessert this meal - imagine.

Ariel made an appearance and everyone waves their napkin
Old 06-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #165
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Night 5

After dinner everyone else was tired and went to bed. I was still awake but didn't know what to do by myself so I went to read in the quiet cove area - the only time I sat here the entire 14 day cruise - these seats were always taken it seemed.

But after a little while a lot of off duty cast members came and hung out there and it got too noisy to read so I just went to bed myself.

oh and DSis wanted me to show you the room dividers in mom and dad's suite - this separates the bedroom from the living room in the one bedroom suite.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: