Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

I'll chime in.... Back in the day, most of the restaurants had one of a kind entrees... Very few were bad, I'm talking late 70's early 80's....

This free dining garbage has most of the restaurants turning out food, similar to one another, bland to awful at ridiculous prices... Most people are newbies and believe all the hype... Oh, you gotta eat here and there..we've made enough trips thru the years to see the quality of food go way down hill and the prices up...

The restaurants don't even need a chef anymore, just a manager like fast food places... There are so many bad and over priced places, I'm not even going to name them....

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #17
MarkF0wle
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

The only restaurant I would not return to personally would be Mama Melrose at DHS. The other restaurant that gets mixed reviews is Tony's at MK. Other than I haven't had a bad meal at Disney.

Disney's All-Star Sports/Disney Dream/Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - April 2015
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2014 | Disney's Old Key West Resort - May 2013
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - May 2012 | Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa - May 2011, August 2010, August 2008 | Bahama Bay Resort - August 2006
Resident's Inn - August 2002 | Double Tree Resort - August 2004, August 2001, August 1999, August 1997 | Fantasy Villas - August 1996, August 1993, April 1991
MarkF0wle is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

We have a three strikes rule

and have put restaurants on and taken them off.

Sometimes the reason is for something as simple as poor service three times in a row. 'Ohana one of these but we decided to give it another shot (brought a newbie who HAD to eat there...and we were surprised how good it was but it was because we had an excellent server!

Those still on the list are:

Tony's
Coral Reef
LeCellier
Sci Fi

San Angel Inn was on the list until last year when my wife begged me to schedule a Mexican dinner....it had made great strides and is now back in our good graces.

We used to like Nine Dragons but they changed management and it went downhill from a food standpoint.

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
Turbanator
Disney Fan

usually we enjoy the food and are not ones to complain but Captain Jacks at DTD was poor
Old 06-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #20
tink20
DIS Veteran

DH doesn't like Tony's, Liberty Tree and Boma.

I don't care for Pizza Planet anymore.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #21
hill6
DIS Veteran

Pecos Bill - particularly the Chicken Wrap. It is nasty precooked cold chicken. I cannot stomach it. I don't eat burgers or pork. I bring something else in to eat.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
hill6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #22
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

I'm not going to make any friends with this but here goes:
The Plaza
We've eaten here twice. Both times we had a wait way past our reservation time, like 45 minutes +. And I found the food to be so bland, tasteless and boring.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
2manypets
DIS Veteran

We also have a 3 strike rule

'Ohanas, Le Cellier and Tony's (Tony's was taken off the list after 1st strike, it was SO bad)

A few others like Tutto Italia and Mama Melrose, it'll be awhile before we eat there again. Just too many fantastic places to go.

2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
revdon64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle
I'm not going to make any friends with this but here goes:
The Plaza
We've eaten here twice. Both times we had a wait way past our reservation time, like 45 minutes +. And I found the food to be so bland, tasteless and boring.
1900 Park Fare - the only redeeming quality to the experience was the step-sisters and Lady Tremaine. Even my kids, who usually eat any and everything, didn't like it.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #25
Howgreat
Mouseketeer

I think it's interesting the restaurants that some people absolutely love and others absolutely hate. You have to wonder if it depends on what day you eat there or if people just have different tastes.

As for me, I think the only restaurant I've eaten at that I really didn't like was Electric Umbrella. I think it had most to do with the fact that the food was just very unremarkable. It wasn't inedible. I've enjoyed all of the TS restaurants we've been to.

1995-All-Star Music
2001-All-Star Sports
2008-(offsite)
2011-All-Star Movies
Dec. 2012-All-Star Music
Sept. 2013-All-Star Music
Coming soon: Sept. 2014-All-Star Music

Check out my PTR: "And Your Wish Will Come True...a September 2014 PTR"
Howgreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #26
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

From our trip a couple of weeks ago:

Pecos Bill's - overpriced, overrated, and overcrowded. Our least favorite QS meal of the trip.

Landscape of Flavors (AoA) - food was actually really good, but the madhouse that was the food court coupled with the often rude, and usually not at all helpful staff, made us dislike it.

T-Rex - we ordered steaks, and all four ordered them medium rare. One was cooked medium well, and all four steaks were full of fat, gristle, and even the odd sliver of bone on the edge - for a $35 steak I would expect a bit of trimming before it was cooked. The chocolate extinction dessert, on the other hand, was excellent and redeemed the meal to some degree for us.

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #27
meredith1
DIS Veteran

The only meal that I can't get over, two years later, is 1900 Park Fare Dinner-awful!

We going to do a redo of 'Ohana and it *may* be added to our list of never agains if it isn't improved.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs

Last edited by meredith1; 06-23-2013 at 04:35 PM.
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
khibs
Earning My Ears

Mama Melrose at DHS- worst meal I've ever had in disney. Even my daughter refused to eat her pizza (which she loves normally). Will never ever be going back there!!
khibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #29
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

I won't write off a restaurant until I have eaten there at least twice. For us, it would be Le Cellier, Hollywood & Vine dinner, Chef Mickey's for dinner, Cape May for dinner (breakfast is ok at all 3) and Whispering Canyon. Every time 'Ohana is on the verge of being added to the list, we have a good meal. Very inconsistent.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #30
Tink_Or_Belle
Want to come to my High Meat party?
I'd hate to be Glazin Raisin

Narcoossee's one of our daughters was 9 the other was 11 so it was a long time ago and the waiter told us we were rude to make our 9 year old eat from the kids menu (we were on the dining plan he thought we should pay out of pocket for the 9 year old) he kept telling her how mean we were and how we must like her sister better it was weird. the food wasn't awful or anything and the chances are we would have a different server but we just never went back.

if it happened to me now I would complain to a manager about him but back then I wasn't sure if we were in a place like 50's where they messed with you
Tink_Or_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: