Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #691
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy2529 View Post
Dose anyone know why when you go on the Disney site, that all of the standard room are booked, I was trying to book a room for a friend to join us and nothing is available, at any hotel. Is that a sign that it will be that crowded.
It means that resort may be busy. When are you going? and what resort? Usually standards don't book up first, but it could be during something like Pop Century where there are groups staying.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #692
Seeker615
DIS Veteran
 
Seeker615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
I called No free dining pin attached to my name! its my birthday, come on Disney!
Heck..I called on my birthday and told them it was for my 30th anniversary and still nothing!

Here's hoping for a Visa discount soon!
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #693
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy2529 View Post
Dose anyone know why when you go on the Disney site, that all of the standard room are booked, I was trying to book a room for a friend to join us and nothing is available, at any hotel. Is that a sign that it will be that crowded.
Tommy, were you trying to use your PIN for those December dates???? Because it looks like there are very slim pickings. When I checked with my PIN, there were no Values left. Does not necessarily mean the parks are more crowded, just means rooms for the PIN allotment are running out.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #694
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 118

I am at CB, I had reservation that I made in Feb, for POR, and we got the pin for the free dining we had to move, they moved me to the pop and messed up the reservation. I had to take the pirate rooms that is that they had left. I do not want the pirate room as it is so far away and it was more than the standard room.
Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #695
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy2529 View Post
I am at CB, I had reservation that I made in Feb, for POR, and we got the pin for the free dining we had to move, they moved me to the pop and messed up the reservation. I had to take the pirate rooms that is that they had left. I do not want the pirate room as it is so far away and it was more than the standard room.
oh, the pin numbers have very little left. Did you try anything at full price?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #696
mchelle77
DIS Veteran
 
mchelle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: from Boston, live in NH now
Posts: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I'm not even hoping for a PIN anymore cause I'm booked preferred at POR and from these threads I gather there are no more preferred rooms available with the PIN code and I REALLY don't want to give up my location.
There might be! When I got my pin I upgraded from a value to a standard at CBR. I just called today to upgrade to a preferred room and there were some available.
__________________
Five trips to the "world", now a cruise to look forward to, April 2015
mchelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #697
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 118

We are saving a lot of money even at the pirate rooms, and the grandsons are thrilled to go there, I just figured it is a long walk to get coffee in the morning. If the buses take you to each section then it will not be that bad on the way back from the park and they fall asleep and you have to carry them.
Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #698
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer
 
imabeimabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

How long are you going for and how many people? Free dining should save us around $1300 but we are going 10 nights with 2 adults and 1 disney adult. And that doesn't even count the savings for the other 7 of us waiting for the discount. That is just one of the 3 rooms. For $350 it wouldnt be worth the stress to me either.
We are flying in the 19th (oct) paying full price for rooms only that night. The 20th our bounceback packages start. The rooms at POFQ are 139 per night including tax. I have 2 rooms with tickets for 4 adults and 2 year old DGD for 4 nights. Since DGD is dining free anyway the dining would only help with the 4 adults. But I would have to pay rack rate for 2 rooms, pay the higher ticket prices and have to book a preferred if I have to book elsewhere cause DH would flip if our room was a long walk. When I figure in all that I think I'd only come out about 350 to the good and might not like the resort as well.
imabeimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #699
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeimabe View Post

We are flying in the 19th (oct) paying full price for rooms only that night. The 20th our bounceback packages start. The rooms at POFQ are 139 per night including tax. I have 2 rooms with tickets for 4 adults and 2 year old DGD for 4 nights. Since DGD is dining free anyway the dining would only help with the 4 adults. But I would have to pay rack rate for 2 rooms, pay the higher ticket prices and have to book a preferred if I have to book elsewhere cause DH would flip if our room was a long walk. When I figure in all that I think I'd only come out about 350 to the good and might not like the resort as well.
Do you already have a bounceback discount? I am booked at rack rate right now, so it is all savings to me, if it comes out. I really don't blame you at all for not wanting to change resorts. We don't mind the long walks cause those who would have trouble with it in our group will have scooters. My mom, dad and aunt will all have them. We are booked to CBR. Have been there in the past and didn't mind the walk.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #700
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer
 
imabeimabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

Do you already have a bounceback discount? I am booked at rack rate right now, so it is all savings to me, if it comes out. I really don't blame you at all for not wanting to change resorts. We don't mind the long walks cause those who would have trouble with it in our group will have scooters. My mom, dad and aunt will all have them. We are booked to CBR. Have been there in the past and didn't mind the walk.
Yes we already have the bounceback from being there last December. None of us have mobility issues but DH and I both work long hours thru out the year. Our trips are usually no more than 5 days so when we go I try to make sure it's pretty magical and for DH that means no long hikes to the room.
imabeimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #701
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeimabe View Post
Yes we already have the bounceback from being there last December. None of us have mobility issues but DH and I both work long hours thru out the year. Our trips are usually no more than 5 days so when we go I try to make sure it's pretty magical and for DH that means no long hikes to the room.
Sounds good to me. Who knows maybe if it goes public, you will get POFQ. We have stayed there with FD before. And even another $350 in savings is good. That is if you enjoy the dining plan. But I am sure it will be magical regardless.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #702
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 118

Well I booked my airfare, already to go, can not wait to go. Going the first week of December, we are saving around $2400.00 with two rooms. We will need the long walk back to the room after having all of those meals.
I wish for all of you that you have some good news soon.

mickeyjum:tinker
Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #703
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy2529 View Post
Well I booked my airfare, already to go, can not wait to go. Going the first week of December, we are saving around $2400.00 with two rooms. We will need the long walk back to the room after having all of those meals.
I wish for all of you that you have some good news soon.

mickeyjum:tinker
Thanks tommyboy!!! I hope you have an amazing trip! I am sure that kind of savings will surely help out!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #704
Tommyboy2529
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 118

If it was not for fd we would not be able to go, food is so expensive and with 5 kids and 3 Adults, we would have to eat really cheap. And if you stay at the suites it is really expensive, because you still need to buy food, and who wants to cook on vacation.
Tommyboy2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #705
titansgal
Earning My Ears
 
titansgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy2529 View Post
We are saving a lot of money even at the pirate rooms, and the grandsons are thrilled to go there, I just figured it is a long walk to get coffee in the morning. If the buses take you to each section then it will not be that bad on the way back from the park and they fall asleep and you have to carry them.
We stayed pirate rooms last year and they were wonderful. We had a great experience and I didn't think the location was too bad (we did have a car though that we drove to most parks). My daughter loved the theme and at least there was a coffee maker in the room to get me started on my day. I hope your stay there is as memorable as ours was
titansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: