Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
kemmerlinj2
Earning My Ears

Which Deluxe Resort for a First Time Trip?

Hello. I have been to Disney World a couple of times but have stayed off of the resort every time. I am planning a trip with me and my girlfriend, who has never been to DW, in May and wanted to do a Deluxe Resort with Club level. The resorts that we are looking at is either Wilderness, Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht. Any suggestions or tips would be great!
kemmerlinj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmerlinj2 View Post
Hello. I have been to Disney World a couple of times but have stayed off of the resort every time. I am planning a trip with me and my girlfriend, who has never been to DW, in May and wanted to do a Deluxe Resort with Club level. The resorts that we are looking at is either Wilderness, Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht. Any suggestions or tips would be great!
I can't comment on BC/YC CL or BWI CL as we've never stayed there, but we loved WL CL. The lounge seating is arranged around the railing that overlooks the lobby, the food offerings are great, and the CL CMs are awesome. The WL is an amazing resort without CL, but CL there just adds to the magic .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Bethshaya
Mouseketeer

We just love the Boardwalk or the Yacht & beach. But more so the BW. We've stayed at them all except for the Animal Kingdom, but always come back to BW.

The night life is better. After a long, hot day in the parks, we love to retreat back to the room and have a nice cup of coffee or a drink while sitting on the verandah and watch all the people going by, the jugglers, fire twirlers etc below.

We also like that we can stroll around the lake and also have a quick entrance into the World Showcase at Epcot without having to deal with buses or boats.

When DS was small, he loved the pool and the water slide as well.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

We've stayed at most of the moderates (except for CBR) and deluxe WL and Poly. We've also toured several of the other deluxes. Poly is our absolute favorite deluxe. You can't beat the monorail and we just love the tropical, laid-back feel of the resort. And watching Wishes from the beach? 2nd only to actually being there in MK! My 2nd vote would be for CR simply because really, nothing trumps the ability to walk to MK!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I've done all from OP's list (and several other deluxe CLs) and I think BWI blows the others away. The food offerings/variety are not much different one to the other but the BWI Innkeeper CM's are fantastic. They really make a difference in my opinion. Plus, I love the location of BWI for adult only trips.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

All are so nice!
I would suggest Y/B Club if you're Epcot/WS fans. It's so convenient, plus the walk to Boardwalk restaurants and fun, almost forgot the boat to HS...it's a great location..
But if MK and the other monorail resorts and connections seem more attractive, and obviously the wonderful, beautiful feeling of Wilderness is better for you...well let me just say you won't be disappointed regardless!
Have a great stay!

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
itsMichelle
Earning My Ears

I cannot comment on WL CL but I have stayed at both BWI CL and YC CL. They were both fantastic. I personally love the Boardwalk and the boats/walk to Epcot and HS. Not to mention all the different food options you have from having 5 resorts within walking distance of each other
Between those two, BWI was my absolute favorite stay at a Disney Resort.

Dec 1997 - Poly (First trip!) April 2005 - BWI Feb 2007 - BC June/July 2012 -Dolphin!
Next Trip: 2014
itsMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

Either the Boardwalk or Beach Club would be great choices for you two. As others have mentioned, you can't beat the Boardwalk for great restaurants and plenty to do.

We only stayed at WL once and were disappointed in the lack of food choices.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
Laura's Dad
DIS Veteran

The Beach Club is our favorite. Stormalong Bay and Beaches and Cream are fantastic. The BC is the closest to Epcot's International Gateway entrance. We love the laid-back feel of the resort. Honestly, though, you can't go wrong with any of your choices.
Laura's Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #10
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

I was in a similar situation when deciding which deluxe. I've been 3 times and stayed on site once at a moderate, but my boyfriend has never been to Disney. We decided on the YC, we love the look of SAB, like the fact we'll be able to walk to two parks, with all the food option of WS so close by, plus having the Boardwalk bars etc. we chose YC over BC because people described YC as having a more adult feel, quieter than BC but still have access to the fun at SAB. Everyone on the YC/BC thread is so friendly so I'd recommend asking any questions on there if you want some advice on those resorts
Claire Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

We love both the BWI and BC CLs. The CMs are great at both of them. We do love the nightlife around the BWI. We love the pool at the BC but if you are not going to swim much then I would do the BWI. We had a CL room right on the Boardwalk and we would sit on the porch with a cup of coffee in the early a.m. or in the late p.m. for hours. Love it.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #12
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Depends on which park(s) you intend on spending the most time. Epcot/HS--BW or BC. MK-Poly, Contemporary or GF.

With that said my personal preference is BC. You can't beat the proximity to Epcot and you really can't beat the sand bottom pool. It's one of the only resorts that doesn't allow pool-hopping as a result, so if a great pool is a priority to you, then BC it is.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #13
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!

It depends, really on what you want most. View of The Magic Kingdom? Contemporary Grand Florid or Poly. Quick access to Epcot? All of the Boardwalk area resorts. Total submersive experience? AKL or WL. My first was AKL, and it will always be my favorite.
lttlmc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #14
MagicallyDelicious
Mouseketeer

I would think if money was an object, then you'd want to look more closely at WL and AKL too.

MagicallyDelicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: