Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #331
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I can't even imagine. I have watched so many snippets on YouTube, the DCL video, and so many reports but I still think I'll be overwhelmed. And when the horn sounds? O M G.
The horn is so magical

Quote:
It would probably be a really good time as you'll be solo so no pressure to see and do it all or even know your way around. Have you researched Universal? I did a little and gave up. It was just too much at the time but now that I've got a firmer grasp on WDW, it might be doable. I bet you'd do fine with just a little planning. Would you do just one day?
No, I haven't done any research on Universal. didn't even think about it. Yes, probably only one day. Hmmm, must do a little more research on this line of thinking.

Quote:

Its getting a little ridiculous.
Hopefully soon!

Quote:

Jewish summer camp. The not calling is for homesick and helicopter parenting purposes only. There is a phone that they use if need be. Chloe had a seizure there her first, and only, year and they called me right away. There is a camp counselor phone line but I think Gabby being away is as much for her independence as it is mine.
I'm sure that was pretty scary!

Is this the first year she's doing this? It's a big step to be away that long.

Quote:

214 days!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #332
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Jewish summer camp. The not calling is for homesick and helicopter parenting purposes only. There is a phone that they use if need be. Chloe had a seizure there her first, and only, year and they called me right away. There is a camp counselor phone line but I think Gabby being away is as much for her independence as it is mine.

214 days!!!
There really is nothing like Jewish Summer camp, is thee? I am sure she is having a blast!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #333
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
The horn is so magical

No, I haven't done any research on Universal. didn't even think about it. Yes, probably only one day. Hmmm, must do a little more research on this line of thinking.

Hopefully soon!

I'm sure that was pretty scary!

Is this the first year she's doing this? It's a big step to be away that long.

She's been going to camp for years but the sessions are only two weeks. Because she's staff in training now, she'll be gone a month. The summer after next, she'll be away the entire summer.

She did call last night for a about 20 seconds. Hahaha! I tried to ask questions and got cut off with an I love you, send more snacks, no gotta go. It was great to hear her voice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
There really is nothing like Jewish Summer camp, is thee? I am sure she is having a blast!

Yes Jill, she loves it. It's so good for her too. As you can imagine there aren't many Jewish kids around so this is a great chance for her to stay connected outside of us. I just wish I could see a photo. The camp is great about posting pics of the campers but rarely do we see any of staff.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #334
Pinkocto

20 seconds, too cute. At least she was thinking about you send more snacks? Didn't she just get there? Then again, camp food is never the best.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #335
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yes Jill, she loves it. It's so good for her too. As you can imagine there aren't many Jewish kids around so this is a great chance for her to stay connected outside of us. I just wish I could see a photo. The camp is great about posting pics of the campers but rarely do we see any of staff.
I know at Camp Newman, they post photos on Bunk1. www.bunk1.com

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #336
rentayenta

Quote:
20 seconds, too cute. At least she was thinking about you send more snacks? Didn't she just get there? Then again, camp food is never the best.

She emailed today. I think she may miss me. Chloe wrote her a letter that I mailed off today and I sent a little card. Michael is sending her a post card from the Mantauk too. I don't want to smother her or make her homesick but I also know she wants to know we're thinking out her.

The food is actually really good but there aren't a lot of snacks so these are late night munchies I'm sure. Most of the girls live local so I wish their folks would drop some treats off. It'd save me a bundle in shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
I know at Camp Newman, they post photos on Bunk1. www.bunk1.com

The camp posts photos and I know how to find them, they're just not taking them of staff and the SITs.

We moved to a new server but did use bunk1 for a few years. I like our new site better.

212 days!!!

Old 06-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #337
rentayenta

Hey Pam.......

211 days!!!

Old 06-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #338
Pinkocto

Quote:
She emailed today. I think she may miss me. Chloe wrote her a letter that I mailed off today and I sent a little card. Michael is sending her a post card from the Mantauk too. I don't want to smother her or make her homesick but I also know she wants to know we're thinking out her.

Of course she misses you!

Quote:
The food is actually really good but there aren't a lot of snacks so these are late night munchies I'm sure. Most of the girls live local so I wish their folks would drop some treats off. It'd save me a bundle in shipping.
Quote:
Yes, but there's nothing like receiving a care package! I was away from home for school and it was so special knowing you're thought of and missed

Quote:
Hey Pam.......

211 days!!!

Somehow I missed yesterday!

Old 06-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #339
rentayenta

Quote:
Of course she misses you!

Yes, but there's nothing like receiving a care package! I was away from home for school and it was so special knowing you're thought of and missed

Somehow I missed yesterday!

The camp finally posted a pic of her from last night.

She's in the blue/purple. Yay I'm so happy.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #340
Pinkocto

Quote:
The camp finally posted a pic of her from last night.

She's in the blue/purple. Yay I'm so happy.
Awesome! She looks like she's having fun

Old 06-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #341
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I've been following along with your guys conversation and all, but barely keeping up as most of it is from my phone when I'm in a parking lot on my way somewhere. I've just been that freakin busy!!!!!!

Right now I'm sitting in Lowe's with our cart full of blinds while Fran tootles all over the store completing our list. I can't wait for this apartment nonsense to be over, have them rented to good people and be done with it. Plus we would have some more money in the bank and steady income foe the forseeable future!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #342
rentayenta

Quote:

Awesome! She looks like she's having fun
I think so too!

Old 06-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #343
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I've been following along with your guys conversation and all, but barely keeping up as most of it is from my phone when I'm in a parking lot on my way somewhere. I've just been that freakin busy!!!!!!

Right now I'm sitting in Lowe's with our cart full of blinds while Fran tootles all over the store completing our list. I can't wait for this apartment nonsense to be over, have them rented to good people and be done with it. Plus we would have some more money in the bank and steady income foe the forseeable future!
My goodness! How much longer until they're ready?

Old 06-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #344
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I read your update in your PTR and you have been so busy! I hope things calm down soon.

Quote:
I hope you find good renters too. I can imagine its a little scary trying to sift through the applicants. How long until you can official list?

Income for the future is a GOOD thing!

How are you doing on your own remodel? Is that sort of on the back burner until the apartments get rented?

And isn't D23 coming up? I got my free membership through the Disney Store. Guess it's the same one offered through DVC. It's not very exciting. If I lived closer I'd upgrade. Just too hard to take advantage of all the goodness living so far away.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #345
rentayenta

I update my trip report too a few days ago. I think you ladies missed it.

And I have a mini update for the cruise.....we're officially changing to late dinner and Pam is going to join us at our table. It's going to be a total blast!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: