Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
kandb
DIS Veteran

Bwi vs bc

Which resort is more popular? I know BC has a great pool but what makes it more appealing then BWI? Which has a better counter service where we can get breakfast in the morning? Which is closer to epcot if we walk? Thanks
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

They each have their fans; the BC pool is large, but some hate that about it. some hate the Clown pool at BWI, too.

They are so close together that you can walk to get breakfast, people like the coffee stands on the Boardwalk, and the bakery. You can be there in a few minutes from the BC.

As far as walking to Epcot, it's 2 minutes from the BC and 5 minutes from BWI.

I would suggest looking at pictures on the web site and see if one decor appeals to you more.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

BC- great pool
BWI - clown pool!!!

Both resorts are really close to Epcot

BC has food in The Marketplace for quick service
BWI you would go outside to The Boardwalk Bakery
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
bwifan
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at both and I have my obvious favorite, hence my name.

The bc pool is awesome. My 3 year old could spend all day in the gigantic sandy pool. The super deep lazy river and slide were perfect for my 9 year and my 5 year old bounced all over the place. If I had been a single parent with 2 or more kids with differing swim abilities there is no way I could have handled this pool! But with 2 parents we were able to keep up and had lots of fun. Hurricane Hannah's was great for lunch and drinks. The marketplace was convenient if crowded. I had many a flatbread pizza there.

Breakfast can be had at the marketplace or the captains grille over at the yacht club. There's a character breakfast at cape may cafe, but probably would require adrs. Good coffee can also be had in the lobby lounge of the yacht club.

And now for why I like the BWI more. It is quiet, beautiful, peaceful. The quiet pool is actually quiet. The clown pool is manageable for parents! Leaping libations serves the best margaritas. The rooms are beautiful. The lobby and lounge are dreams come true. The music, the gardens, the staff, I could go on and on.

Breakfast at the BWI is serviceable, but then we are not big breakfast people. If we stay concierge, we're fine with yogurt, HB eggs, fruit, coffee. If not concierge I love walking down to the belle vue lounge for danish, coffee and fruit. The bakery has recently been expanded since I've stayed here, so I can't comment.

Bottom line, if you have kids who LOVE to swim and you can handle it. If you don't require quiet ANYWHERE. If you want the quickest possible walk to Epcot. Go with BC.

If you really need a place away from the parks and people that is peaceful and beautiful. If you want a fun (but not amazing) pool or a truly quiet pool. If you want to walk to Epcot and DHS. Go with BWI.
bwifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Which resort is more popular? I know BC has a great pool but what makes it more appealing then BWI? Which has a better counter service where we can get breakfast in the morning? Which is closer to epcot if we walk? Thanks
I love both. If we're staying CL during the winter, we're more likely to stay at BWI. If we're staying non-CL during the summer, we're more likely to stay at BC. Both are close to Epcot, so not much difference there.

We absolutely prefer the pool at BC, but the BWI quiet pool is a wonderful retreat and a great option for a quick swim (and we have three boys, so retreats are hard to find!) We also prefer the decor and theming at BC and the counter service situation at BC (LOVE BC Marketplace!) I think the lobby is more spacious and relaxing at BC.

But it's also hard to beat the price of a standard CL room at BWI when you end up with a boardwalk view. I know many will disagree, but it's my favorite view at WDW - really close to the water, relaxing music out on the boardwalk in the evening, overlooks the beautiful BC/YC. The CL CMs at BWI are among the best at Disney and the lounge at BWI is so comfortable with high ceilings and a balcony that offers a great view of the Illuminations fireworks.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: