Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #451
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Since you're a Starwood member, do you know what is going on at the Swan/Dolphin during that time? When our original check in date was 9/9, I thought it would be fun to check into the Swan on 9/8 before checking into the AKL, but there was no availability. When I called to make sure the website was right, I was told there was no availability from 9/8 to either the 10 or 13th.

I have no idea, sorry! We're there August, not September. I've already been there thought that the hotels were both booked solid with conferences.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #452
Willows909
Mouseketeer

So....I've been looking at resorts......
Willows909 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #453
TT4Dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Love this statement!!

Okay, I had narrowed down my choice for our Halloween party trip to BWI, AKL and WL. My sister said last night she sort of wants to save BWI for her 40th bday trip since that is her dream resort...so, I guess I am down to two. I have 2 days to decide between them.

My niece spent the night with me last night and I was looking at WL and AKL this morning when she woke up and she said she didn't want to stay at GF because she wants to save that for "her trip". Good thing she said that because GF is not on the radar for this trip.

Nov 28-Dec 4, 2010 CR

June 7-16, 2012 Offsite
March 23-28, 2013 AoA LM
TT4Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #454
Willows909
Mouseketeer

I'm over myself! I need vacation to get her ASAP because I am resort Ch ch changing crazy I am going to go watch my beloved Bruins...hopefully win tonight!

TT4Dis...I vote AKL..but then again, I will probably change my opinion!

Have a great night everyone..GO BRUINS!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #455
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

So... I finally looked at the pictures on my phone from Star Wars Weekend and I now understand why a crowd of people busted out laughing whilst we were posing with a storm trooper. Apparently our daughter was making a hand gesture "unbecoming of a 6 year-old."
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #456
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
So... I finally looked at the pictures on my phone from Star Wars Weekend and I now understand why a crowd of people busted out laughing whilst we were posing with a storm trooper. Apparently our daughter was making a hand gesture "unbecoming of a 6 year-old."
That is too funny!

I am nervously watching my Bruins...I am way too invested in these boys...my heart, my heart.
So the difference between CL AKL and Pool view AKL is well over $900 bucks...had a revelation that with room only, upgrading to CL only gave me a 5% off....pool view was 30% off. My brain was obviously fried from changing so many times between the original May vacation and now. It's a dilemma...because we really kinda want to do CL..but wowza that is a huge amount don't ya all think?? Thoughts? Argghh... Thinking of all the fine ..dining...and other things we could be doing with that $$$....
Old 06-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #457
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Me too! Well, not really resorts, just contemplating the cost of moving from 9 nights garden view to 8 night club level (sugarloaf) at The Grand. When I called the less-than-enthusiastic cast member sounded a bit put off that I would even consider changing less than a week out!

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
dfarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #458
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Morning everyone! Well...I've decided to add another night to our vacation for a better flight home the next day. I just couldn't stomach the idea of leaving AKL at 5 in the morning..ugh!! So...I thought maybe I would try a new resort for a day and night before our flight out. Was thinking Coronado or POFQ..not much of a price difference for what I chose, now just need to pick one. Plus it would be nice to check out for future trips........Thoughts from all of you would be awesome to help me decide! Thanks in advance!
We stayed at POFQ in January for 10 nights. We liked it, but I don't know if it's worth changing resorts for 1 night, I'd be inclined to stay put.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #459
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Thanks, she is a little lol.

Trying to catch up, but eyes are dropping good night all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

The house is super quiet....Jesse is with my aunt, Bill and Faith are at Hilton Head Island doin' a little fishing, and Stephen is asleep....oh the peace and quiet that fills the house .....

Of course it won't last long....yard work is calling my name today. Let me rephrase that....calling my name AND Stephen's name He's excited about it, I'm sure.....
Hope you had an awesome day...yardwork and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Ok resort changers gurus I have a question!!!

I changed my arrival date (flight down was $79 on 8/8, $371 on 8/9...um no brainer there!)....how often do DVC rooms open up (on DVC side, not cash ressie)? My dream is to rent points for a BCV studio that 1st night so that we can use SAB 8/8 and 8/9 -we switch to BW CL 8/9 so both of best worlds on 8/9! There isn't a BCV studio available, which I know is the norm this close. BUT...its just 1 night, what are my chances of one opening up from now til then?

I have enough Starwood points to get that night free at Swan or Dolphin, but once I book that, the points can't be reversed if a BCV studio opens up, so I'm playing the waiting game. It's risky, but both Swan & Dolphin are available that night, if one should become unavailable I'll quickly book the other. I don't need ME, we're flying into Sanford & will be using a car service, so that's not an issue with S/D.

Yes I'm rambling....
A night at the Swan or Dolphin sounds just fine AND FREE...for now. You never know about an opening, but then again I know NOTHING about renting points...how about a BC SV room?? With the Summer RO 30% off??

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well last night was interesting. We had an operation set up and I was still ticked. Luckily, the child didn't show up. I decided to drink the Bud Light Straw-ber-ritas the DH has been telling me I need to drink.....all 5 of the 8oz cans, which I mainly chugged. Luckily, they had me dps'ing most of the time, until we got to the last boss. By then in order to get to the bathroom I had to crawl, since the stinking ground wouldn't stop moving suddenly, but I could heal enough to keep everyone alive.
were they yummy???? Hope you are not "spinning" today

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT4Dis View Post
Love this statement!!

Okay, I had narrowed down my choice for our Halloween party trip to BWI, AKL and WL. My sister said last night she sort of wants to save BWI for her 40th bday trip since that is her dream resort...so, I guess I am down to two. I have 2 days to decide between them.

My niece spent the night with me last night and I was looking at WL and AKL this morning when she woke up and she said she didn't want to stay at GF because she wants to save that for "her trip". Good thing she said that because GF is not on the radar for this trip.
They are both beautiful resorts!!!

Quote:
I'm over myself! I need vacation to get her ASAP because I am resort Ch ch changing crazy I am going to go watch my beloved Bruins...hopefully win tonight!

TT4Dis...I vote AKL..but then again, I will probably change my opinion!

Have a great night everyone..GO BRUINS!
Any news we should know about??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh boy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
Me too! Well, not really resorts, just contemplating the cost of moving from 9 nights garden view to 8 night club level (sugarloaf) at The Grand. When I called the less-than-enthusiastic cast member sounded a bit put off that I would even consider changing less than a week out!
I dislike CMs like that. Luckily they are few and far between. So did you switch to SL?? I love SL!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #460
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Krystal heading over to Boardwalk is a good option too if you want to just want to go with the flow and not bother with ADRs BRG & ESPN no reservations needed also Beaches & Cream @ BC. Cap'ts Grill can usually take walk ups too.

We personally love BRG
Good to know. Since we are going to be at YC for 12 nights, we plan on a Boardwalk crawl! Going to all the places, have ADRs for Kuzina & Flying Fish, then planning on BRG, ESPN, B&C, & Captians Grille .
I haven't been to any Boardwalk places since Spoodles
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #461
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We stayed at POFQ in January for 10 nights. We liked it, but I don't know if it's worth changing resorts for 1 night, I'd be inclined to stay put.
I know...I'm in the middle of some confusion......but I was going to do one more at AKL. But $$$ stopped me. Plus we thought it would be nice to see what CS looked like...for future reference. But all that is up in the air...see my other post....argghh.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #462
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Hope you had an awesome day...yardwork and all

A night at the Swan or Dolphin sounds just fine AND FREE...for now. You never know about an opening, but then again I know NOTHING about renting points...how about a BC SV room?? With the Summer RO 30% off??

were they yummy???? Hope you are not "spinning" today

They are both beautiful resorts!!!

Any news we should know about??

Oh boy....

I dislike CMs like that. Luckily they are few and far between. So did you switch to SL?? I love SL!!
Not yet...I'm going to sleep on it and get some opinions from the boards. Thoughts anyone-would you switch from gv to club, but lose one night? We'd still go to the park all day, and leave from there.

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL

Last edited by dfarner; 06-22-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: To finish my sentence
dfarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #463
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hello strangers!!!!

As always, I am several pages behind...

I am finally sitting today for the first time since, well....yesterday???

DD9 had a 6 hour softball tournament today, so we were at the field from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm.....in 90 degree weather! Literally, there were girls dropping like flies....but DD made it through and now softball season is finally over!!!!

Afterwards, we went to a local day camp (our team sponsor) for swimming etc....I was so surprised watching my girls do things like kayaking, canoeing, and paddle boarding without hesitation. They are so adventurous!!!

All in all, it was a great summer day, that ended with ice cream. DH and I are sitting relaxing. He is watching the Bruins game drinking a beer and I am guzzling water like a fiend trying to rehydrate myself from being out all day today. the girls are upstairs in our bed watching Disney channel and hopefully they will just pass out...

Tomorrow, we must go find DD9 a new pair of basketball shoes, as Basketball camp starts Monday!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #464
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
So funny...I talked with a Disney cast member who was fabulous! Didn't make any changes..yet...but she was awesome!

Jeanette...you have no idea the confusion, oh the confusion
Old 06-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #465
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Candace...I'm a Bruins wreck tonight...normally I'm all calm and cool.. but man, these playoffs are killing me! That's why I'm on the Dis board too...trying to distract myself a little! Your daughter sounds like quite the athlete!

So everyone...tell me about BW......and quickly!! I need to make some decisions....and I'm looking at BW CL....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: