Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #1
lady danger
Mouseketeer

Dining in restaurant bars/lounges?

Hello! I was just invited along on an extremely last minute trip to WDW by my brother and his family for the week of Independence Day. Since I have only 10 days until my departure date and since I'll be in the World over a busy holiday, planning and scheduling ADRs seems out of the question. I'd still like to have at least one table service meal, so I was wondering if any of the restaurants at WDW serve their full menu at their bar/lounge and if so which ones? I'd either be dining alone or with 2 adults if my brother and sister-in-law can get the grandparents to watch over my niece and nephew.

We're staying at the Yacht Club, so restaurants in Epcot and the Epcot resort area would be ideal. I'm pretty comfortable with the WDW transportation system though, so suggestions for any on-property restaurant would be just welcome. I'm particularly fond of the Grand Floridian's signature restaurants. We're not on the dining plan so credits aren't a concern.

Thanks in advance everyone! This is my first trip to WDW since 2008 and the first Disney trip I've taken as an adult that I didn't spend months planning for. I'm equal parts excited and terrified by the idea of winging a last minute trip over a holiday.
lady danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

The ones that jump right out at the moment are tutto gusta in Italy. 50's prime time cafe in hs. Blue zoo shulas and il mulino in swolphin and flying fish. There may be more but that's all I can think of right off the top of my head
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

You would be surprised how many ADRs are still available. I've been switching mine for the last few days and managed to snag some awesome openings

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

We eat full meals at WDW bars each and every trip!

You can eat (a full meal or just apps) at the bar :

Citricos, Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, Shulas, Blue Zoo, Jiko, Il MUlino, Fultons, Raglan Road, Paridiso 37, Yak and Yeti, Olivias--and probably a few others that I'm forgetting!!

Most often--especially if you dine early--you can just walk in and be seated at any of the bars w/o a reservation. Of course, there is always the possibilty they may be full, and no way to tell that until you actually arrive.

Also--most bars at WDW restaurants aren't all that large.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
psindone
A dream is a wish your heart makes........

You can also eat at the bar next to the Yachtsman Steak house in your hotel. The food comes from the Captain's Grille. Nice bar and good food.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psindone View Post
You can also eat at the bar next to the Yachtsman Steak house in your hotel. The food comes from the Captain's Grille. Nice bar and good food.
One of our favorite stops.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
limegreenmonorail
Mouseketeer

Territory Lounge in WL will serve food from Artist Point!

WDWCP Spring 2003
WDW Professional Internship 2007
20+ trips to Disney and counting!
limegreenmonorail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
CoryBelle21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by limegreenmonorail View Post
Territory Lounge in WL will serve food from Artist Point!
Really!?!? I hadn't heard that. I've always wanted to try the mushroom soup from Artist Point, but none of my family members seem interested in the restaurant. Maybe a visit to Territory Lounge would solve the problem. Has anyone done this?
CoryBelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

I was going to suggest Territory Lounge at WL as well. We really enjoyed it!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
lady danger
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the replies everyone! Fine dining has been a big and beloved part of my past trips, and I really didn't want to miss out on the best of Disney Dining this time. I'm glad to know I have so many options!
lady danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #11
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady danger View Post
Hello! I was just invited along on an extremely last minute trip to WDW by my brother and his family for the week of Independence Day. Since I have only 10 days until my departure date and since I'll be in the World over a busy holiday, planning and scheduling ADRs seems out of the question. I'd still like to have at least one table service meal, so I was wondering if any of the restaurants at WDW serve their full menu at their bar/lounge and if so which ones? I'd either be dining alone or with 2 adults if my brother and sister-in-law can get the grandparents to watch over my niece and nephew.

We're staying at the Yacht Club, so restaurants in Epcot and the Epcot resort area would be ideal. I'm pretty comfortable with the WDW transportation system though, so suggestions for any on-property restaurant would be just welcome. I'm particularly fond of the Grand Floridian's signature restaurants. We're not on the dining plan so credits aren't a concern.

Thanks in advance everyone! This is my first trip to WDW since 2008 and the first Disney trip I've taken as an adult that I didn't spend months planning for. I'm equal parts excited and terrified by the idea of winging a last minute trip over a holiday.
I'd suggest that you go to the online reservations and put in the date you're looking for....choose dinner (or a specific time if you prefer) and see what has availability. I just did a quick peek and there are actually quite a few for dinner on July 4....I thought it would be slim pickin's but it's actually a very long list......

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...pPricing=true/
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Crews cup is a great place with apretty good menu. But limited. Neither CG, or YSH. They have their own menu. Trex, RFC, Portobello,RR, Paradiso. Also Bongos. I have not been there tho. Along with everyone elses recommendations. Seating can be difficult at some places like Tune in. There are maybe 10 seats. But it is worth a try! We get 2 and the third stands for a while sometimes. But a seat usually opens up so we can all sit. YY is the smallest. Maybe 6 seats at the bar. Oh,I just remembered Splittsville. I dont remember if it is a full menu. But they do serve food. Plenty of choices!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #13
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady danger View Post
Thanks so much for the replies everyone! Fine dining has been a big and beloved part of my past trips, and I really didn't want to miss out on the best of Disney Dining this time. I'm glad to know I have so many options!
Territory lounge has their own menu. But when we were there a few years ago you could get anything on AP menu too!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #14
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

I've heard that sometimes they will let you order a full meal from AP--and sometimes they won't.

A puzzle really, since the kitchen is right there...

And I would have added California Grill to my list except that it may be closed when you are at WDW??
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #15
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post
I've heard that sometimes they will let you order a full meal from AP--and sometimes they won't.

A puzzle really, since the kitchen is right there...

And I would have added California Grill to my list except that it may be closed when you are at WDW??
At the Territory Lounge they would only let us order off of their menu. We would go back but I am going to try for another menu. Mostly for the desserts
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: