Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #16
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4me2 View Post
Plus I don't trust anyone with my credit card. Please don't say all people who work for Disney are honest.( most of them are). My credit card was used to book a "town car" run by Disney so it had to come from someone working for Disney. Finally got the charge taken off and after it was over, the Disney Visa fraud dept(I only use it at Disney or booking a vacation) called me to ask if I wanted to press charges, I said yes and asked who was it & the guy said a person working at the Disney Travel section. I guess the person isn't working there any longer.

MHO
Interesting.

I actually had given them a virtual CC number generated by my Visa. The reason why the pre-auths were flagged was b/c Visa watches these numbers very closely to prevent fraud. The virtual numbers have set expiration dates and set spending limits, so it should be safer than giving out my actual CC number.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #17
Sunnywho
DIS Veteran

You were inarguably lied to. It's worth letting a supervisor know.
Sunnywho is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #18
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Definitely get in touch with a manager if you haven't already. If they can't be honest over dining reservations, I can only imagine what other arguably more important things (such as CC numbers) they aren't honest about.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Yeah as others have said BOG is tough even at 180+10 so i wouldn't waste time playing the what if game. If the only issue had been making the calls late, that would be less than ideal, but still OK in my book since when you hand over reservations to IPO, you do run the risk of them not being quite as "on it" as you could be yourself. The fact that they lied to you about it, however, is completely unacceptable.

I would call and talk to a supervisor about it because if this happened to you, who knows if it will happen to someone else again. Furthermore, as much as I understand not wanting to risk being responsible for someone getting fired, lying to a customer is one of the worst offenses in the customer service industry and far below the standards Disney sets for its employees. If they get fired someone else in need of a job will be employed.

Finally, although I wouldn't expect anything, given my past experience at dealing with Disney for far less egregious errors, they will probably do something to try to make it up to you. For example, if there is any way to get you that BOG ADR, they will probably make it happen.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot
And on a semi-related subject, guess the rumors about cancelled BOG reservations being "given" to Concierge aren't necessarily true. Regardless, ask them when you get there if they can get you that ADR.
It doesn't disprove or prove anything. Virtually nobody will have cancelled an ADR 150+ days in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4me2
Plus I don't trust anyone with my credit card. Please don't say all people who work for Disney are honest.( most of them are). My credit card was used to book a "town car" run by Disney so it had to come from someone working for Disney.
I'm not disputing anything about your experience except that Disney doesn't operate or own town cars, or any similar passenger vehicle.It had to have been an outside company's vehicle.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #21
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
It doesn't disprove or prove anything. Virtually nobody will have cancelled an ADR 150+ days in advance.

I'm not disputing anything about your experience except that Disney doesn't operate or own town cars, or any similar passenger vehicle.It had to have been an outside company's vehicle.
Back in 2005 they did operate their own town cars or maybe I should say if you wanted it they arrange it but it was done through Disney. If it was done like you said it had to be a person from Disney to give the credit card number. I still have the paper works stating it was Disney's owned or run by Disney. I know where the charge came from & who used my card. They are lucky I didn't go after them as I let the credit card company pressed fraud charges.

Again MHO ...and my experience with what happen

To lilpooh108 back in 2005 the credit cards didn't have that. I had to use the real numbers. I guess they decided to go more secured.
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #22
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

I got up at 5:45AM on my 180 day and still didn't get BOG until the last day of our vacation, at 8:45 PM. Not sure if we will take that.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #23
Shaden
DIS Veteran

We don't do deluxe, or certainly not club level, we just don't think its worth it for us.

BUT, since you do like it, and since you paid for it, I would be making a complaint. That is simply not ok. First that they didn't do as they should, but more so that they lied to you.

I am a firm believer that if you pay for something, you should get it, and that people you are paying for services should always be honest with you. You got neither of these.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #24
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAndFluffy

This sounds like a training opportunity. No one will get fired over this unless it's a pattern that they have met with the person about, worked out a training plan, yadda yadda yadda...

And it may be a sign that there is a problem with their processes that they need to reevaluate.

It's very much worth pointing out this teacheable moment.
I agree with this. On our last trip we had an issue. I contacted guest communications and had a lovely chat. She felt it was most likely a computer glitch and alerted the proper CMs to troubleshoot the issue.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #25
Three cats
DIS Veteran

I think that is terrible. I am not the complaining type either but believe me, if I had paid all that extra for concierge level you'd better believe i'd be calling to speak to a manager.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Three cats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #26
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
Wow, I would be pretty mad, too, but this is why I did my own ADRs, especially for BOG. As awesome as Concierge is, they are not up at 6am doing your ADRs.
Actually, I think they are up pretty early. On my 180th day I woke up and all my ADRs were done. They may have access 30 minutes earlier than everybody else?

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #27
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer

I would lodge a complaint, at least have it noted on the reservation...With regards to BOG, at my 180 day mark, they told me they couldn't get BOG ADRs also, but because the restaurant hadn't released them yet. They said they would keep trying and in a few days, were able to get us the ADR so you should make sure they keep trying or you keep bugging them to try.

As far as mistakes? They managed to charge my CRT ADR (prepaid) to someone else's CC, so definitely, things like that happen...but they should have been upfront about it.
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(16); DD(13); DHavanese: (1)
ixmnrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #28
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

I can understand why you are upset. I would be red hot mad. However, there may be an explanation, and I would want to understand if they have one. You don't know because you are not calling to speak with a manager.

They definitely do owe you an explanation and a chance to make it right. And, it is a training moment for someone on their staff. I would not let this opportunity pass by remaining quiet.

Good luck and have a wonderful time!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: