Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #211
ScottishDisMam
Mouseketeer

I also order online now as a direct result of enjoying the sample bottles in the cruise. Disney wins as well because the first time we cruised we took a few bottles home and when we ran out it got my husband and I talking about the cruise and how much we had enjoyed it so we booked again - and again - and again...........now about to go on our 6th. Obviously not because of shampoo, but smells do evoke happy memories and when your at home during a cold and drab winter like we get its nice to have that cruise smell to cheer you up.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #212
swedemeatball
Earning My Ears

Why does this thread have 200+? It's soap!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #213
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

Old 06-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #214
frugalwitch
Mouseketeer

What is so spectacular about these products that encourages hoarding? How on Earth are people getting many tubes onto planes? I travel with carryons only and thought the rules were pretty strict about lotions, liquids and so forth.
Having never tried the brand I can't imagine what causes such excitement. Are they scented? I can't use scented/perfumed bath products due to allergies. I usually carry my own unscented hair and body wash from Paula's Choice.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #215
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalwitch View Post
What is so spectacular about these products that encourages hoarding? How on Earth are people getting many tubes onto planes? I travel with carryons only and thought the rules were pretty strict about lotions, liquids and so forth.
Having never tried the brand I can't imagine what causes such excitement. Are they scented? I can't use scented/perfumed bath products due to allergies. I usually carry my own unscented hair and body wash from Paula's Choice.
Not everyone does this. We are a family of 4 so by the time we pack formalwear, shoes, pirate gear, etc. we have 4 checked bags & 2 carry-ons for a pre-cruise stay.

I have awful allergies/sinus problems and can't stand most scented things but somehow the body butter/lotion doesn't bother me.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #216
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Chocolate. Milk. Thread.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #217
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalwitch View Post
We come over from Australia and stay for two months. Carry ons just won't cut it for us

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #218
becpee
I see sock puppets

Can't wait to hit up Cabana's again wearing cargo pants and having my ziplock bags will be handy to stash my shrimp to mung out on in my stateroom!

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

Old 06-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #219
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

wow

it really must be an Australian thing, but I too wear cargo pants and take zip lock bags to buffets. Over the years I found the mini Tupperware containers are a tad bulky, but do like the med size zip locks, durable and come in a vast array of colors.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #220
NACFl
Mouseketeer

I enjoy stripping the buffet of pain au chocolat...they all belong to me. Mine, mine, mine!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #221
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACFl View Post
I enjoy stripping the buffet of pain au chocolat...they all belong to me. Mine, mine, mine!
Well you'd better hope I'm not there when you are then or it's going to be on
Old 06-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #222
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Can't wait to hit up Cabana's again wearing cargo pants and having my ziplock bags will be handy to stash my shrimp to mung out on in my stateroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
it really must be an Australian thing, but I too wear cargo pants and take zip lock bags to buffets. Over the years I found the mini Tupperware containers are a tad bulky, but do like the med size zip locks, durable and come in a vast array of colors.
Well, really, it is to be expected that we Australians would be the biggest thieves of all. After all, our convict history kind of warrants it

I don't take the shrimp but I have been known to stash an apple or muffin or five in my backpack for the day out But hey, a girl's gotta eat sometime between breakfast and morning tea, right?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #223
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NACFl View Post
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
Old 06-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #224
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I'm wondering. Do they use the h2o stuff in the gym in the dispensers?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #225
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

I thought this was a pretty funny/interesting thread. I haven't been on my first Disney cruise yet, but I thought I'd give my opinion anyway. Aren't you all glad?!

If I have any extra toiletries after getting ready in the morning, I always put them in my suitcase. I don't see it as stealing because I paid for them. They aren't a gift. I pay the same price regardless. They don't charge me less if I don't need lotion one day.

I would never take something off the cart without asking though. I would feel shady doing that.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: