Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I've never stayed at BCV, but have stayed in a 1-bedroom at BWV twice. I'd go for it.

And the slide at the main pool is much better than the slide at Stormalong. (We've stayed at YC before).
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #17
jmccarv
Earning My Ears

So after months of surfing the site, I was able to get free dining at BCV, but we had to shorten the trip by 3 days. We check out 2 days before the Food and Wine F begins. But we got to split the stay and will be at the Poly-garden club level the last two nights! We will just have to get transportation over to Epcot for FWF. I can't sleep, I'm so excited! Thank you for all your help. A true Disney Dream will come true. The kids still don't know. They will go to school on the Morning we plan to leave. I am going to pick them up at school and surprise them!
jmccarv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #18
5DisneyNuts
Head might be in NY, but my heart is in WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccarv View Post
Im so torn! I've been visiting WDW since 1978. My Grandparents brought me when kids flew free on TWA and stayed in hotels for free. The MK was the only Disney park and you had to buy tickets for each ride. After 3 years/visits, they purchased a timeshare close to the MK gates, so I have never stayed at a Disney resort. This will be a once in a lifetime stay at a Disney Resort, since we still have the timeshare, unless we win the lotto. My dream would be to stay at the Poly, but we are so used to separate sleeping quarters so I booked BCV, 1 bedroom in Sept for 8 days. The pool and location was a draw for me. We usually visit in May, visit MK & HS for one day, 1/2 day at DTD and boat rental and Epcot for 2 days, then stay at timeshare for pool 2 days. The kids are 9 & 12. They have no idea we are going! My son Loves halloween so I already got MNSS tix. Our fav is Epcot, even the kids and it doesn't hurt that my husband can sample the beers of the world. Second fav is H'S. We aren't big fans of AK, but plan to visit this trip and have lunch at AK resort. We usually eat a big breakfast at our timeshare, skip lunch, get a snack, then a big dinner. The BCV does not have the FD or discount available, so I'm torn if we should take the $1200 discount for a BWV, only bc this will be a one time deal. I'm going to call to see if there are other options after the kids go to school this am. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
Like the others have said, BC can get very busy. I find the BC much more of a hectic environment that the BW. The deciding factor may be the pool hours during the time you are going. Stormalong Bay is considered more of a water park and needs to be staffed by multiple life guards.

Since the park hours are shorter when you are going, I'm guessing you probably won't leave the park to go back to hotel for a break and would be using the pool at night. Hate for you to have that plan and be disappointed if Stormalong Bay was closed when you got back.

Personally I would definitely take the BWV and $1200.

Good Luck!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
Cottager
Hooked on Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccarv View Post
So after months of surfing the site, I was able to get free dining at BCV, but we had to shorten the trip by 3 days.
Congratulations!!! As a parent of 2 tweens, we are addicted to Stormalong Bay. We go to the parks early and make sure we take a mid-day break every day so the kids can let loose. I just sit back, order a few Strawberry Daiquiris from the CMs, who take your orders directly from your chairs, and enjoy watching the kids have fun. This is the ultimate hotel pool for tweens.

We stayed at the BWV earlier this year and the atmosphere was too quiet and seemed more for the older guests, not tweens!

Try and catch an outdoor movie on the beach if you can. The kids love making "me" toasted marshmallows and digging in the sand as they watch a Disney movie.
Cottager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #20
jmccarv
Earning My Ears

Nothing beat the BC, glad we splurged! The Poly was beautiful and the Dole Whip was amazing, but my kids want to live at SAB. We had lots of rain all week 9/20-9/28, record breaking and floods for that time of year, but it didn't spoil the fun and memories! If we ever get the chance to stay on site again, it will be BC all the way! The magic bands were cool too. A little confusing at first, trying to get wifi for the app was tricky some places in the parks when we wanted to change a fast pass, also I didn't realize that you can only reserve 3 fast passes per person a day. The FD plan was okay. We had 10 quick meals left over on the last day, but then a worker at poly td us that 3 snacks can be substituted for a quick service. That's when we started our Dole Whip addiction , lol!
jmccarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #21
Disney Khi
DIS Veteran

We were at BC the same week you were! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. We love SAB. It was my 4-year-old's first time to try out the big slide, and she loved it! The rain was a bit of a bummer, but we made do. I hope you get to go back and enjoy the BC soon!

Disney Khi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: