DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #271
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl181 View Post
New DVC members, sorry if this has already been asked...
Doing a split stay coming up and wondering about a couple of things. We are a family of 5, 2 ad. and 3 ch., 14, 9, 5. Staying in 1BR during our trip. I know when a 1BR says 5 it usually means a sleeper chair or something similar. What about when it says 5 can be accommodated but must provide own bedding? I don't believe that's for a cot, so wondering what that's about
Also, I tried to ask Mom's Panel about this, but they said that I would have problems because the rooms only hold 4. I booked online without issue, and had to call MS to connect my reservations and they never said anything then. Will I be fine when I go? Don't want there to be any issues upon arrival.
Some of the one bedroom villas only have sleeping spaces for four, so you have to provide whatever the fifth person needs. This would be at BCV, BWV, SSR, VWL at WDW. OKW, BLT and AKV (but not the value villas that always only sleep four) will have the twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. The new GFV looks like it has a murphy bed similar to what is in POR that works for a child.

So if you booked BCV, BWV, SSR or VWL, you will need to bring a sleeping bag or air bed for the fifth person. And you'll need a fifth bath towel that you can purchase an extra towel pack for the fifth person. Those villas only have four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths.

All the DVC villas were originally built for only four occupants, plus one under the age of three in a pack and play. Then DVC started allowing members to add a fifth person, but they would not provide anything you need for the fifth person. Then they started including the extra sleeping space in the newest resorts and OKW which has more room than any of the other resorts.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #272
jjl181
Mouseketeer
 
jjl181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Some of the one bedroom villas only have sleeping spaces for four, so you have to provide whatever the fifth person needs. This would be at BCV, BWV, SSR, VWL at WDW. OKW, BLT and AKV (but not the value villas that always only sleep four) will have the twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. The new GFV looks like it has a murphy bed similar to what is in POR that works for a child.

So if you booked BCV, BWV, SSR or VWL, you will need to bring a sleeping bag or air bed for the fifth person. And you'll need a fifth bath towel that you can purchase an extra towel pack for the fifth person. Those villas only have four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths.

All the DVC villas were originally built for only four occupants, plus one under the age of three in a pack and play. Then DVC started allowing members to add a fifth person, but they would not provide anything you need for the fifth person. Then they started including the extra sleeping space in the newest resorts and OKW which has more room than any of the other resorts.
Thanks, that helps clear it up a bit!
Wondering if I put my DD with me on the bed if that would be fine? She has a sleeping bag and a DW blanket she always uses on our trips, but I hate to put her on the floor I know the bed will be more than big enough.
__________________
Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (9) , DD (5)

2006, 2009 - All Star Sports
2009 - Pop Century
2010, 2011, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - BCV/VWL/BLT
2014 - PPH - 1st trip to DLR!
2014 - AKL/BWV/VGF
2015 - BWV/AKL
jjl181 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #273
rlovew
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13,350
DISboards Moderator

It depends on the resorts you are staying at VGF, BLT, AKV, or OKW have a bed for the fifth person all other resorts will not have or provide a bed or linens for the 5th person so you need to bring an airbed as well as sheets and towels for the 5th person.
__________________
Me and DH
rlovew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #274
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl181 View Post
Thanks, that helps clear it up a bit!
Wondering if I put my DD with me on the bed if that would be fine? She has a sleeping bag and a DW blanket she always uses on our trips, but I hate to put her on the floor I know the bed will be more than big enough.
If you want to, you can squeeze all three of them in the king sized bed with you.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #275
LisaS
DIS Veteran
 
LisaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MA & AKV/BWV/VWL
Posts: 10,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl181 View Post
What about when it says 5 can be accommodated but must provide own bedding? I don't believe that's for a cot, so wondering what that's about
I find the term "bedding" confusing too because to me it means a sheet, blanket and pillow case but what it really means is that you need to bring your own bed and pillow plus bed linens and towels for that 5th person. In the 1BRs that do not have a sleeper chair or pull down bed, DVC doesn't provide anything at all for a 5th person.
__________________
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #276
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl181 View Post
New DVC members, sorry if this has already been asked...
Doing a split stay coming up and wondering about a couple of things. We are a family of 5, 2 ad. and 3 ch., 14, 9, 5. Staying in 1BR during our trip. I know when a 1BR says 5 it usually means a sleeper chair or something similar. What about when it says 5 can be accommodated but must provide own bedding? I don't believe that's for a cot, so wondering what that's about
Also, I tried to ask Mom's Panel about this, but they said that I would have problems because the rooms only hold 4. I booked online without issue, and had to call MS to connect my reservations and they never said anything then. Will I be fine when I go? Don't want there to be any issues upon arrival.
MS will allow 5 in all 1BR villas, 5 plus one under 3 at OKW, BLT, AKV (most) and VGF. When they say they won't provide bedding it's their way of saying you're own your own for the bed, sheets, etc. They may actually provide sheets if you call but are not obligated to.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #277
jjl181
Mouseketeer
 
jjl181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If you want to, you can squeeze all three of them in the king sized bed with you.
Good to know

Thanks for the responses, I feel a lot better now!
__________________
Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (9) , DD (5)

2006, 2009 - All Star Sports
2009 - Pop Century
2010, 2011, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - BCV/VWL/BLT
2014 - PPH - 1st trip to DLR!
2014 - AKL/BWV/VGF
2015 - BWV/AKL
jjl181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #278
myxdvz
DVC - BLT
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 651

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl181

Good to know

Thanks for the responses, I feel a lot better now!
My kids are younger than yours and we're Asian so probably smaller than average. Our normal sleeping arrangement in a 1BR that has no sleeper chair or Murphy bed is to make our DD8, DD6 and DS4 share the queen size sofa sleeper sleeping sideways, i.e., heads towards the arms rests vs the wall
__________________
Kids: W(2), X (9), Y(7), Z(5)
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #279
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran
 
thisismyusername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakepb View Post
The GFV pull down seems to be a new size to DVC..I think someone guessed from the model room it was only 5.5' long (vs a normal beds 6.5')

VGC has a Murphy bed, but that seems to be a normal twin.
I am 5'10" and I sort of expect my daughter (who is 12) may wind up around my height and she'll be the one using the Murphy Bed at VGF, so I asked our guide if I could lay down on it before we signed the dotted line. It seemed like a normal twin bed to me (albeit, it's been a while since I last laid down on a twin bed). If it's shorter, it's not *much* shorter than a twin. My feet hung off the end, but they would on a normal twin-size mattress, too.

Looking forward, I think we may wind up doing split stays at VGF and BWV *if* we are permitted to do 5 in a BWV studio. We were told during our tour that DVC doesn't count heads and if we wanted to do 5 in something that technically sleeps 4 that's OK. Has anyone had any trouble making a reservation for 5 in a studio at BWV? We know we need to provide bedding...
thisismyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #280
DisneyKidds
The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mouse-ing out his friend!
But in reality...
Member of car "X" - And proud of it!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The Beautiful Hudson River Valley
Posts: 4,724

At BWV you can make a reservation for 5 in a Garden/Pool View studio. You cannot reserve a Standard or Boardwalk View studio for 5.
__________________
Eeeek......I've become Baron. That's ok, he's still wrong about 1972 WDW resort prices .

http://www.july171955.com/vBulletin/upload/index.php
DisneyKidds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #281
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyusername View Post
I am 5'10" and I sort of expect my daughter (who is 12) may wind up around my height and she'll be the one using the Murphy Bed at VGF, so I asked our guide if I could lay down on it before we signed the dotted line. It seemed like a normal twin bed to me (albeit, it's been a while since I last laid down on a twin bed). If it's shorter, it's not *much* shorter than a twin. My feet hung off the end, but they would on a normal twin-size mattress, too.

Looking forward, I think we may wind up doing split stays at VGF and BWV *if* we are permitted to do 5 in a BWV studio. We were told during our tour that DVC doesn't count heads and if we wanted to do 5 in something that technically sleeps 4 that's OK. Has anyone had any trouble making a reservation for 5 in a studio at BWV? We know we need to provide bedding...
Even though they may not count heads, they will not give you a key for the 5th person which may affect EMH.
__________________
montrealdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #282
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl181 View Post
Thanks, that helps clear it up a bit!
Wondering if I put my DD with me on the bed if that would be fine? She has a sleeping bag and a DW blanket she always uses on our trips, but I hate to put her on the floor I know the bed will be more than big enough.
To open up the pull out, you have to remove the cushions. You can always put those on the floor and she can sleep on them with a sleeping bag. I would probably also cover them with a sheet if possible.
__________________
montrealdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #283
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKidds View Post
At BWV you can make a reservation for 5 in a Garden/Pool View studio. You cannot reserve a Standard or Boardwalk View studio for 5.
Only if one is under the age of three. You can't book five in a studio at BWV if none are under the age of three.

What they used to call the Studio Plus with the deacon's bench and thin crib sized pad (referred to as a "daybed") cannot be requested. You just get it if you get it. But it is no where long enough for a 12 year old.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #284
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKidds View Post
At BWV you can make a reservation for 5 in a Garden/Pool View studio. You cannot reserve a Standard or Boardwalk View studio for 5.
I don't believe view has anything to do with it. You can book four plus an under-3 in any BWV studio.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #285
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealdisneylovers View Post
To open up the pull out, you have to remove the cushions. You can always put those on the floor and she can sleep on them with a sleeping bag. I would probably also cover them with a sheet if possible.
Not at BWV. Those cushions stay attached to help support the foot of the bed. You'd need to bring your own air bed.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: