DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #256
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by irazabul View Post
For the record, I am not suggesting any work around of the rules. I simply provided a counterpoint to the argument that higher occupancy means more wear and tear (e.g. would you want the Brady Bunch packed into a 2BR Villa (which I now know is not allowed because there is more than 1 child over three) or the cast of 5 from Hangover? Extreme example , I know.
I will say this, no matter how many you have in a villa, teen aged girls are pigs (at least from my experience). We had 11 people in a GV, seven teen aged girls and I was embarassed for the housekeepers to enter their rooms. Thank goodness we were only there for seven nights and had no full cleanings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Flynn Rider
I am pretty new to the boards, so any help is appreciated or redirection to another forum if I'm in the wrong spot. I have a grand gathering of 8 adults and 2 children under 3 headed to WDW in ***** of ****. The two elder couples are worried that their snoring will keep others awake. The parents of the two children want some space for naps, etc. DMIL would like to be able to cook a few meals while there. We are looking for the most affordable option, but the ability to be close together is a balancing weight. Another forum suggested that I look into DVC as an option instead of two cabins at Fort Wilderness. So where might our group fit best? Would a treehouse at SSR be too small? What is a grand villa set up like? Would something else I don't know about work? We're bot DVC members, so how many points for these, or how much would it cost for us to rent points stay there per night? And if they happened to do free dining during our stay, would renting from DVC keep us out of that option? I know I've got lots of questions, but TIA for anything you can do to help us search out options! We are so excited to share WDW as a big family!
I think I'd get two studios for the elderly adults who are concerned about their snoring and a two bedroom villa for the two families with children. And include traveling with in the reservation to try to get them close to each other.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #257
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Can we book a AKV 1 bedroom value with a family of 5? Is there a chance to get a Savannah view with a 1BR Value? If so, what are chances? Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #258
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwnhokie View Post
Can we book a AKV 1 bedroom value with a family of 5? Is there a chance to get a Savannah view with a 1BR Value? If so, what are chances? Thanks!
The value one bedrooms do not have the sleeper chair, so I think they are pretty much limited to 4, plus an infant under age 3.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #259
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

I will say this, no matter how many you have in a villa, teen aged girls are pigs (at least from my experience). We had 11 people in a GV, seven teen aged girls and I was embarassed for the housekeepers to enter their rooms. Thank goodness we were only there for seven nights and had no full cleanings.

I think I'd get two studios for the elderly adults who are concerned about their snoring and a two bedroom villa for the two families with children. And include traveling with in the reservation to try to get them close to each other.
What about 2 2br lockoffs? That would work really well. The elders could have the studio portions. The parents of the children each get a private bedroom. The babies each get a pack and play in the living rooms.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #260
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

Will the BCV allow 4 adults and 2 children age 6 stay in a 1 BR?
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #261
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
Will the BCV allow 4 adults and 2 children age 6 stay in a 1 BR?
No.

Maximum occupancy is 5 plus one child under the age of 3. And the rooms really only sleep 4 people with a king-size bed and a queen-size sleeper sofa.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #262
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

Thank you. I guess I will have to do a 2BR or 2 Studios
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #263
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
Thank you. I guess I will have to do a 2BR or 2 Studios
That would work. But note DVC resorts do not have any connecting Studio villas. If you reserve two Studios, they will be completely separate rooms without any internal connecting door. (Most Studios connect to a One Bedroom villa to form a Two Bedroom villa.)

Resorts usually do a good job of trying to put you close together when booking multiple rooms. However, there may be limitations based upon what's available on your arrival day. The rooms could end up on different floors even far apart on the same floor.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #264
rlrose313
Earning My Ears

Occupany restrictions

Hi, I'm hoping there isn't already a thread for this question. We are wanting to stay at the Hawaii resort next October. We have a group of ten but the two bedroom has an occupancy if nine. Is this a strictly forced restriction?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #265
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrose313 View Post
Hi, I'm hoping there isn't already a thread for this question. We are wanting to stay at the Hawaii resort next October. We have a group of ten but the two bedroom has an occupancy if nine. Is this a strictly forced restriction?
Yes, the only exception is that there may be a 10th person IF it is a child under the age of 3. If they are age 3 or over you will need an additional studio to accommodate 10 people.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #266
DisneyKidds
The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mouse-ing out his friend!
But in reality...
Member of car "X" - And proud of it!!

Ten years from now we will be on DVC Occupancy Thread Part 6...and the discussion and comments will be identical, I'm sure!!!

Has anyone stayed in one of the resorts that has the pull down bunk bed? we are staying at GFV in a 1 Br in December, where 1 Brs sleep 5. Just wondering if the 5th bed is as useless as the "sleeping bench" that the BWV 'studio plus' has. Not going to go back through the details of this thread, but as I didn't see it in the original post I will point out......you can make a reservation for 5 in a BWV garden/pool view studio. Just grabbed one BWV studio night for our party of 5 before our GFV stay starts. Oh, and I just now realized that we may be able to move that studio reservation for 5 over to GFV (if it's available in August), as GFV studios sleep 5 as well!

http://www.july171955.com/vBulletin/upload/index.php

Last edited by DisneyKidds; 06-21-2013 at 10:10 AM.
DisneyKidds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #267
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKidds View Post
Ten years from now we will be on DVC Occupancy Thread Part 6...and the discussion and comments will be identical, I'm sure!!!

Has anyone stayed in one of the resorts that has the pull down bunk bed? we are staying at GFV in a 1 Br in December, where 1 Brs sleep 5. Just wondering if the 5th bed is as useless as the "sleeping bench" that the BWV 'studio plus' has. Not going to go back through the details of this thread, but as I didn't see it in the original post I will point out......you can make a reservation for 5 in a BWV garden/pool view studio. Just grabbed one BWV studio night for our party of 5 before our GFV stay starts. Oh, and I just now realized that we may be able to move that studio reservation for 5 over to GFV (if it's available in August), as GFV studios sleep 5 as well!
The GFV pull down seems to be a new size to DVC..I think someone guessed from the model room it was only 5.5' long (vs a normal beds 6.5')

VGC has a Murphy bed, but that seems to be a normal twin.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #268
DisneyKidds
The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mouse-ing out his friend!
But in reality...
Member of car "X" - And proud of it!!

I think Aulani might have the same pull down.

http://www.july171955.com/vBulletin/upload/index.php
DisneyKidds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #269
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKidds View Post

I've heard the Murphy bed in the GFV is the same size as the one at POR. That one is only slightly bigger than crib size, about 5.5' long and 3' wide. Suitable only for a child.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #270
jjl181
Mouseketeer

New DVC members, sorry if this has already been asked...
Doing a split stay coming up and wondering about a couple of things. We are a family of 5, 2 ad. and 3 ch., 14, 9, 5. Staying in 1BR during our trip. I know when a 1BR says 5 it usually means a sleeper chair or something similar. What about when it says 5 can be accommodated but must provide own bedding? I don't believe that's for a cot, so wondering what that's about
Also, I tried to ask Mom's Panel about this, but they said that I would have problems because the rooms only hold 4. I booked online without issue, and had to call MS to connect my reservations and they never said anything then. Will I be fine when I go? Don't want there to be any issues upon arrival.

2006, 2009 - All Star Sports
2009 - Pop Century
2010, 2011, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - BCV/VWL/BLT
2014 - PPH - 1st trip to DLR!
2014 - AKL/BWV/VGF
2015 - BWV/AKL
jjl181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: