Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #1531
owensamo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentm77 View Post
Well take it from someone who has, it is probably the first time in my life that I didn't finish a chocolate chip cookie. I'm not the only one either. I saw many partially eaten cookies left in the halls with the room service plates. Every one I saw on the fantasy was noticeably overbaked too. Maybe they have been better on other ships or at different times? But not much better than cardboard last month. I promise I'm not that picky either.
We haven't been on the new ships yet (1 more week! ) but on the Classics, I always thought the chocolate chip cookies offered on-board weren't that great - mostly over-baked. We ordered them once from Room Service and they were the same cookies served on the buffet - which I grab occasionally only when there isn't anything better!

However, the ones on Castaway Cay are awesome! I don't know what the difference is - I imagine they're the same people cooking them - but maybe the ovens on CC are different enough that the same recipe that comes out overcooked in the ovens on the ship come out perfect on the island? It's a bit of a mystery, but I won't complain!
Disney Magic: 7N - 1/19/08, 1/17/09, 12/19/09; 14N EBTA - 5/14/11; 12N N Europe - 7/22/15
owensamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #1532
DarthTod
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentm77 View Post

Well take it from someone who has, it is probably the first time in my life that I didn't finish a chocolate chip cookie. I'm not the only one either. I saw many partially eaten cookies left in the halls with the room service plates. Every one I saw on the fantasy was noticeably overbaked too. Maybe they have been better on other ships or at different times? But not much better than cardboard last month. I promise I'm not that picky either.
Weird, we had them every night on our Fantasy cruise in February and loved them. Warm, moist, and gooey.
DarthTod is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #1533
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTod View Post
Weird, we had them every night on our Fantasy cruise in February and loved them. Warm, moist, and gooey.
We also order them every night, with cartons of milk. We didn't leave any behind, and I usually packed some in the bag for our excursions.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #1534
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Love these ideas! So happy to have found this thread!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #1535
Mazz519
DIS Veteran

Ordered these last year almost every nite, They were great.. We were on the Dream....This July on the Fantasy...hope they r as gd.
Mazz519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #1536
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrez View Post
On our last cruise my iPhone slid out of my pocket while watching the late show in the Walt Disney Theater. I didn't realize it was gone until about a 1/2 hour after the show was over. I use the passlock on my phone and had it put in airplane mode when we left Port Canaveral. So really no one would be able to unlock it to see whose it was and I wouldn't be able to use the Find My iPhone app since the GPS was disabled with airplane mode.

Fortunately when I went back to the theater I found it right under the seat I had been sitting in.

The next day I took a picture of our room number on our door and set that as the picture on the lock screen so if I lost it again on the ship everyone would know what room it belonged to.

Quite frankly it's not a bad idea to just put a message on the lock screen with contact info about who to call if your phone is found regardless if you are on the ship or just back at home.
Thank you for sharing that great idea. I will have to remember to take Mickey off my screen and change it to my room number

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #1537
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrez View Post
On our last cruise my iPhone slid out of my pocket while watching the late show in the Walt Disney Theater. I didn't realize it was gone until about a 1/2 hour after the show was over. I use the passlock on my phone and had it put in airplane mode when we left Port Canaveral. So really no one would be able to unlock it to see whose it was and I wouldn't be able to use the Find My iPhone app since the GPS was disabled with airplane mode.

Fortunately when I went back to the theater I found it right under the seat I had been sitting in.

The next day I took a picture of our room number on our door and set that as the picture on the lock screen so if I lost it again on the ship everyone would know what room it belonged to.

Quite frankly it's not a bad idea to just put a message on the lock screen with contact info about who to call if your phone is found regardless if you are on the ship or just back at home.
Brilliant idea!! I never thought to put my contact info on an index card, take a picture and put it on the lock screen. Fantastic! I just tried it and I'm going to do this on every trip. Thanks!

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #1538
mrsashbaugh
<3 DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTod View Post

I'm glad there's still hope for yummy cookies!
mrsashbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:24 AM   #1539
Delrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
Question - when you get the picture matt signed, is it for a 8x10 picture or a 10x8 picture -- i.e. which way do the majority of the pictures fit. Boy, I hope this question makes sense.
We had 3 matts signed last year, two of them were 8x11 to fit 5x7pictures and one was 11x14 to fit an 8x10 picture.
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #1540
abitcloudy
Earning My Ears

helpful tips!

thanks so much for all the great tips and tricks. Read all 100+ pages!
Universal Studios Orlando September 2014
abitcloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #1541
ccander2011
Earning My Ears

Wow!! Some great tips and ideas..we are a family of 4 and will be on our 1st cruise in October 2014..so excited
ccander2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #1542
Ewok
Earning My Ears

Ordering coffee the night before the last day of the cruise....good to know!! Thanks...
Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #1543
rsconnelly
Earning My Ears

Thank You!

So many awesome ideas! It took me a few days to read the whole thread but it was well worth it. For a first time cruiser, I am so happy i found this page. But I'm going to take a few people's advice and not try to do too much, that way i don't feel rushed on my vacation and can really enjoy myself.

That being said, can anyone give me any insight as to how much it costs to play Bingo, on the DCL Wonder? I was wondering if this was a fun event and if it was worth spending a little extra to participate. What are the prizes like? Can kids play? Is it usually crowded and should I get there early to make sure i get a card?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #1544
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Brilliant idea!! I never thought to put my contact info on an index card, take a picture and put it on the lock screen. Fantastic! I just tried it and I'm going to do this on every trip. Thanks!
We were able to turn on a locator for a friend's iPhone and see EXACTLY where it was left (and whether it was 'on the move'). Wouldn't be a bad idea to add this when you go on a cruise, even if the phone is powered in to airplane or even off. If some one does rip it off, eventually they will turn it on (if you don't find it on the cruise, like in your instance) and wala! You will know where they are...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #1545
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensamo View Post
We haven't been on the new ships yet (1 more week! ) but on the Classics, I always thought the chocolate chip cookies offered on-board weren't that great - mostly over-baked. We ordered them once from Room Service and they were the same cookies served on the buffet - which I grab occasionally only when there isn't anything better!

However, the ones on Castaway Cay are awesome! I don't know what the difference is - I imagine they're the same people cooking them - but maybe the ovens on CC are different enough that the same recipe that comes out overcooked in the ovens on the ship come out perfect on the island? It's a bit of a mystery, but I won't complain!
I am glad I'm not the only one who can't understand the hype about the cookies! Even my DS6 doesn't like them much and wonders why they can't make them like we do
At best they are comparable to store bought cookies.

Upcoming Southern Caribbean 1/16.
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: