Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
kemmerlinj2
Earning My Ears

Last big question on Boardwalk Resort

Ok. I've decided to do the Boardwalk Resort for my trip with my girlfriend (first time visitor) in May. My question is should I pay for the CL status and take care of breakfast that way or do the Deluxe Dining Plan because there are so many places to eat around the Boardwalk and Epcot and DHS?
kemmerlinj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have stayed BWI CL no dining plan and I've stayed there in a regular room with dining plan.

I've done 25 WDW vacations as an adult so my priorities are different. CL offers you the flexibility to sleep in or change your plans last minute. DDP
Is going to be a very structured vacation where you have to be at Place A at a certain time.

Me, I much prefer the flexibility CL offers. If you
Want to go to Jellyrolls and listen to music until
1am, you don't have to worry about getting up for an 8am breakfast.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
Claudia Kellenberger
DIS Veteran

For breakfast in The Beach Club, you will need a reservation. BUT, I have found that that area has such good breakfasts, in fact, that is one reason why I stay in that area. Breakfast in The Swan, or the Dolphin, or The Yacht Club,
usually does not need a reservation. You would miss all those good breakfasts by doing the club level. AND ... It's a really nice walk over there from The Boardwalk.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

And I don't think you can use the ddp for any meals at swan/dolphin. Cl sounds like a more flexible alternative.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

I always do the deluxe dining plan even if I do CL because I enjoy sitting down for lunch and the signatures dinners - the CL is a good option for breakfast but I wouldn't waste a credit on breakfast (unless you have to do a character breakfast) - breakfast is cheap.

The CL is a good place to relax in the evening with a glass of wine or a beer before dinner or a cordial after coming back from dinner.

I just find the CL relaxing but I still do the Deluxe Dining even with the CL. Even if you choose not to do the CL - Deluxe Dining is the way to go for me.
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I would do neither, get the regular plan, and then pay OOP for some meals if need be. Its quite a jump in price to do DxDP and for us, it ended up being a waste. We were never hungry during the heat of the summer, and those meals were just too big for us. This year, we booked all the restaurants we wanted and will pay OOP for our cheapest meals (will need to pay for 3). It works out to be cheaper. Plus, IMO, there aren't a ton of great breakfast options around BWI.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
disd55
Mouseketeer

I would do DDP because you would get to eat at so many lovely restaurants around there. CL isn't anything special at Epcot resorts. There are so many restaurants that if you ate without the DDP at several of those restaurants, even for two people it would cost a fortune.
disd55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
TJA
DIS Veteran

It depends on if you want a structured trip (being at a couple ADR's each day, every day, at a certain time). Or if you want a more laid-back trip (sleep in if you want, breakfast in lounge, perhaps an ADR for a nice lunch, enjoy the parks and pool, eat hot appetizers in the lounge anytime between 5-7 pm, if still hungry later on you can eat at Espn Club, Beaches & Cream -- those are just a couple options within walking distance that you don't need an ADR).

As far as opinions go, we LOVE the Deluxe dining plan and we also LOVE staying CL (but not at the same time). In your personal situation, I'd book CL and enjoy a more laid-back feeling. The beer/wine selection is fun between 5-7 pm each night and also keep in mind all you need to do is ask a CM if you want a beer during the day for at the pool.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: