Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #2416
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
CT scan can use iodine I had one of those years ago on my abdomen. That wasn't hard except the warmth made me think I peed myself. lol Then there is nuclear medicine that uses the radioactive material with the CT scan. I was told I needed 4 weeks off thyroid meds, IV with radiation which scares me, 2 days of scans and something about diet but my head was dizzy by that point and I told them I would have to call back to schedule. I may be odd one out but who the heck though to put radiation in someones body and think that was cool? That is where my thinking is.

Today I did talk to the manager of the clinic and told her all that took place and she assured me the doctor could not refuse to fill my meds and was completely wrong in not calling me herself and not saying it is cancer without knowing for sure. We decided to switch to their other location and completely different doctor. She said she will personally get my records to her and ask her to go over them before my visit in a week and a half. She said she feels I will find her much more personable and she will listen and take my feelings into consideration that my current doctor would not. So hopefully all will go well there. I am going to ask about the other scans like PET or what other alternatives I might have if not going straight to biopsy or surgery.

Thanks so much everyone and may your health be good.
Good luck with the new doctor! It sounds like it will be a better experience at the different location! Hope it all turns out well for you!

Ps - I had a "CT Scan with Contrast" once and the tech was wonderful and warned me prior about the warm feeling and the sensation of urinating! It was EXACTLY how he described! I was SO thankful he prepared me! What an odd feeling! Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #2417
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Good luck with the new doctor! It sounds like it will be a better experience at the different location! Hope it all turns out well for you!

Ps - I had a "CT Scan with Contrast" once and the tech was wonderful and warned me prior about the warm feeling and the sensation of urinating! It was EXACTLY how he described! I was SO thankful he prepared me! What an odd feeling! Lol

Thanks. I wish someone warned me because I had no clue and told the nurse I think I peed myself. I have no shame. lol It was an odd feeling.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #2418
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

I guess this question is for those with thy ca over 5 years. When did you stop going to the oncologist? I just did my yearly visit for the 4 year mark. Next year will be 5.

I dont know if this is some protocol my hospital has or what. But I am thinking of asking the endo for how long do I have to keep seeing the oncologist, if she really doesnt do anything but just review the blood work and sono results.

I honestly felt like this visit the other week was a waste of my $30. I could pay that to the endo and get better care, etc.

singing mom - thanks for answering my question on the swan thread. I dont care too much about the room view but it would be nice to not have to look at something besides the roof. I think once we were looking at the air conditioning units on the roof. I cant remember if that was the Swan or Dolphin.

Christine - I just won another book. Yeah for summer reading!

Micayla - Is it time for your annual trip to the berry farm? Yumm!

In the next 2 weeks I will make the sono appt. I guess. And I am just so looking forward to that
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #2419
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Well...I actually went a few weeks ago...but the berries just didn't taste quite right.....Which I assume is because....I'm expecting!
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #2420
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Well...I actually went a few weeks ago...but the berries just didn't taste quite right.....Which I assume is because....I'm expecting!
:jum ping1:

Congratulations! I am so, so happy for you. I have been praying for you!
Care to share any details? I dont want to be too nosy, so I understand if you dont want to.
Wishing you all the best always. and more
Old 06-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #2421
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Hi everyone!

Micayla--CONGRATS!!!! You must be absolutely over the moon. Please keep us posted on how things are going.

luvmarypoppins--I never did see an oncologist so I can't help you on that one. What book are you reading? I've been going through quite a few books that I get from the library on my Kindle. It's just so convenient to pick them out on line and have them just pop up on my Kindle. Love it!! And the Kindle is so great for "old lady" eyes!!!

I've been having a very rough time lately. I'm having some HUGE issues at work that are extremely stressful. The worst I've ever experienced and it's not going to end soon. I can feel anxiety creeping into my life and I've had some "digestive" issues. The problem is, it all started to go downhill right after my Levoxyl was recalled and I changed to Tirosint.

Now, I cannot tell if I'm just flipping out because of work or if the Tirosint is causing my problems. I have managed to change medications before and I never, ever noticed a thing. I've gone from Synthroid to Levothroid to Synthroid to Levoxyl with nary a complaint. I've just been feeling so weird the last three weeks. I've checked with my endo and he said I should take a little less Tirosint because it is more "pure" and it can be stronger at the same dosage. So we shall see. I had a very bad episode on Wednesday when I took my son on his college orientation.

I really wish that recall hadn't happened at the same time my work life exploded. I've been on the thyca message boards and have been reading some of the posts where people have been having troubles after getting off Levoxyl. That's not helping my anxiety.

Oh well, the weekend is here and I'm going to try to chill.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #2422
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Christine - so sorry you are dealing with the stress and the medication issues.

I am sure its hard to figure out if its the med or the stress. Worse reading how everyone else is having difficulty with the switch too.

Funny I was just reading the thy ca website the other day too. I just read, dont post anything.

Sorry you are going to have to be dealing with the constant stress at work. Doesnt help things health wise I am sure.

I wish I had a Kindle. I have hinted about the family getting me one. No luck. I think I may just go and get myself one someday.

Right now I am reading The Hearts Journey by Barbra Cameron Its an Amish fiction book. aww, visions of C. Ann from the community board.

The new book I won is Lock, Stock and Over a Barrel by Melody Carlson. Its a christian fiction book. Its suppose to be funny and light reading.

The other book I just finished I promised the author to write a review on goodreads and amazon which I did.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #2423
mrsklamc

Thanks ladies! After 4 years, we are so happy!

There aren't a lot of details to share yet, but due 2/6.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #2424
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Thanks ladies! After 4 years, we are so happy!

There aren't a lot of details to share yet, but due 2/6.
Just wondering, do they have to adjust your thy medication?
Old 07-04-2013, 02:29 AM   #2425
angwill

mrsklmac,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. That is wonderful.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #2426
angwill

Just wanted to update. I found a new doctor who I saw today about the mass on my thyroid that previous doctor wanted me to do an RAI scan on. The new doctor agreed with me that the last doctor was wrong not to send me directly to biopsy. I will be getting that as soon as the hospital can get me in next week, hopefully. I am extremely relieved not to have to get the RAI scan that new doctor said she feels should be reserved for later after thyroidectomy, if needed. I also found out either old doctor or her nurse was not benig honest with me on a bunch of things. I am just relieved this doctor seems to know what she is talking about and cares enough to answer my questions and explain things.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #2427
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
Just wanted to update. I found a new doctor who I saw today about the mass on my thyroid that previous doctor wanted me to do an RAI scan on. The new doctor agreed with me that the last doctor was wrong not to send me directly to biopsy. I will be getting that as soon as the hospital can get me in next week, hopefully. I am extremely relieved not to have to get the RAI scan that new doctor said she feels should be reserved for later after thyroidectomy, if needed. I also found out either old doctor or her nurse was not benig honest with me on a bunch of things. I am just relieved this doctor seems to know what she is talking about and cares enough to answer my questions and explain things.
Happy to hear you are now on the right path and are more confident with your new doctor! Good luck!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #2428
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Just wondering, do they have to adjust your thy medication?
Yes, they will be checking my levels once a month. I was quite surprised that my dose had to be raised already after my first test, as I've actually lost two pounds.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #2429
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Micayla - do they want your numbers to still be close to 0 or are they giving you some room so to speak?

angwill - I am glad you are getting the biopsy. I know you said you had no ins. That is why I was mentioning that you might want to check where they send your sample to. Some places have different prices for sure. My surgeon did both, sent it out and did some inhouse at the univ. I think the ones he did inhouse had a shorter turn around time. I know my one was over $3,000. Wising you all the best and I hope you get good results.

Christine - can you believe I just one another 2 books. I gotta get a move on it but this next week I am teaching vacation bible school at my church so the only reading I am going to be doing is the lessons that I am teaching all week for now.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #2430
mrsklamc

You know, when trying I know she was keeping it around one...my TSH was four point something at my first test while expecting so she upped me from 112 to 125, but I didn't actually ask what she was aiming for!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: