Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
Tinkl0ver66
Earning My Ears

MDE app

I've been reading a few threads and notice that some have mentioned an app for your phone. First...what does MDE stand for and second...who has used it and what does it do for you. We are returning to Disney next year 2014 and I'm a planner, would love anything that would help out.

Thanks in advance for any info given
Tinkl0ver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkl0ver66 View Post
I've been reading a few threads and notice that some have mentioned an app for your phone. First...what does MDE stand for and second...who has used it and what does it do for you. We are returning to Disney next year 2014 and I'm a planner, would love anything that would help out.

Thanks in advance for any info given
It's My Disney Experience. You can view maps, locate characters and attractions, make/view reservations...

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Tinkl0ver66
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post

It's My Disney Experience. You can view maps, locate characters and attractions, make/view reservations...
Thank you!! I will definitely have to look into that app
Tinkl0ver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
rluey29
Wish I was in Disney, Hooray, Hooray!!!

Eventually you will do everything through MDE.
2009 Pop Century
2010 Off-site (June)
2010 Were moving to Florida!!! (August)
2010-present living about 35 minutes from Disney! (every weekend)
2011-first time camping at Fort Wilderness!!!
rluey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
lt_lamb
Wish I was still a kid because I act like it.

Magic my way

I have been using the app for our upcoming trip in Dec. It intergrades all our reservations for meals and hotel (DVC). Itís kind of cool and add some cool things that are designed to be used when youíre at the park. Itís worth the check out and a download!
lt_lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

Love the app, have all my tickets and reservations on it. One stop shopping and the latest update has made it more user friendly.
jackieinJuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

Never been able to use it very frustrating I have heard it is because we are in Canada, don't know if that is true or not
Disfanx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
Cobrastrike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfanx4 View Post
Never been able to use it very frustrating I have heard it is because we are in Canada, don't know if that is true or not
We used it back in Feb 2013 and didn't have issues with it, and we're from London, ON. Resort reservations came up in it without any prob, and we made a reservation for dinner in MK right in the app and our table was waiting at the correct time (done from home a few weeks before we left). The only issue we had was wait times. We hit Thunder Mtn because the app listed 30 min wait, which the sign at the entrance confirmed, but the actual wait time was closer to 70 mins. I can't fault the app because the sign said the same thing as the app. Just be aware that the wait time shown in the app can be very different from the actual wait.
Cobrastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #9
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrastrike View Post
We used it back in Feb 2013 and didn't have issues with it, and we're from London, ON. Resort reservations came up in it without any prob, and we made a reservation for dinner in MK right in the app and our table was waiting at the correct time (done from home a few weeks before we left). The only issue we had was wait times. We hit Thunder Mtn because the app listed 30 min wait, which the sign at the entrance confirmed, but the actual wait time was closer to 70 mins. I can't fault the app because the sign said the same thing as the app. Just be aware that the wait time shown in the app can be very different from the actual wait.
The unfortunate thing about the wait time is that with the little red card they use for timing, the time posted represents the last wait time that just occurred. If it says 30 min, that means someone got in line 30 minutes ago and just boarded. In 30 minutes, the line can change drastically. I would think they would use this info coupled with how full the cue is-- maybe they do? It would depend how closely the people are standing in line.
beer dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
TK Brown
Disney Jedi Master

We used it on our last trip (Jan of this year) and when we could get a good wireless signal in the parks it was great. When the signal was bad.....not so much.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #11
SciFi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Brown View Post
We used it on our last trip (Jan of this year) and when we could get a good wireless signal in the parks it was great. When the signal was bad.....not so much.
Similar experience during our June trip.
SciFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
radmelissa
Earning My Ears

it really is helpful if you're a planner. it sets reminders for you and you can create wishlists of things you want to do. the only downside i've found to it is i have reservations for my dd at the bibbiddi bobbiddi boutique and it won't let me enter that reservation number.
radmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: