Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam'sMom0126 View Post
I am confused.....is category T concierege? Am I missing something? Is there a category between 4 and concierge that is worthwhile??
Lettered Categories are concierge. V (deluxe verandah family room), T (1-bedroom suite), R (Royal Suite), S (2 bedroom Suite).

On the classic ships you only have T, R, S. All are Suites

On the new ships you only have V, T, R. V is not a Suite

You could look at the V as a kind of between category 4 and concierge. You get most of the concierge perks with a V but you do not get en-suite dining, because you are not in a suite. You can still get room service but no room service from the main dining room menu nor from the hot breakfast menu. The V room is like a category 4 room, it has some upgraded amenities but otherwise the space is approximately the same. Also the cost difference between a 4 and a V are not that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Finn View Post
Can I ask a couple if questions? We are currently in a deluxe verandah stateroom for our 4 day Bahamas cruise and are hoping to upgrade at port to concierge. Does anyone have any idea what it might cost? Also can we order room service from the mdrs? We have a toddler and would love to have that option. Thanks!!
So an estimation is to take a look at the cost to upgrade about a month from the cruise and then to estimate the port upgrade cost to be approximately 50%. This is just a guideline. One good thing is the cost is set, it is not per person or anything like that. As a PP said you can order if you are in a Suite but if it a Concierge category V then you can not get MDR room service. Also a downside to port upgrade is then you didn't have that 120 day booking window to use.

One thing to note is that the V's we have been in had a pullout sofa, so it is a much larger sleeping area. The 4's we have had use the flip down sofa that just turns into a single bed.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #17
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

Thank you to the two previous posters! That was super helpful!
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #18
RDP
DIS Veteran

All this talk is putting me in the mood to book a cruise!
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #19
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam'sMom0126 View Post
I am confused.....is category T concierege? Am I missing something? Is there a category between 4 and concierge that is worthwhile??
Category T is the one bedroom suite in concierge
Category V is the family verandah in conceirge (it's not a suite)

as for me, i would never book anything less than the one bedroom.

And yes, concierge is worth it to me.

but that's me - it might not be worth it to others..
Old 06-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #20
mrsmith9
Mouseketeer

Should we consider a Category T Upgrade?

We are getting ready to sail out on our first DCL voyage. We are booked in a Category 05D stateroom, and our DS8 is SOOOO looking forward to sleeping in the bunk bed that pulls out of the ceiling.

However I am contemplating a upgrade Category T Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite if its available when we check in at the port. The category says it sleeps 5 but I only see 4 beds (king/queen in master, sofa bed, and Murphy Bed). Where is the 5th? Is there a bunk that pulls from the ceiling? Or is it a queen sleeper sofa that sleeps 2?

I want the upgrade if it affordable, but might let it go if it means my son has to sleep on a Murphy Bed and loses out on the bunk. What to do? What to do?
mrsmith9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmith9 View Post
We are getting ready to sail out on our first DCL voyage. We are booked in a Category 05D stateroom, and our DS8 is SOOOO looking forward to sleeping in the bunk bed that pulls out of the ceiling.

However I am contemplating a upgrade Category T Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite if its available when we check in at the port. The category says it sleeps 5 but I only see 4 beds (king/queen in master, sofa bed, and Murphy Bed). Where is the 5th? Is there a bunk that pulls from the ceiling? Or is it a queen sleeper sofa that sleeps 2?

I want the upgrade if it affordable, but might let it go if it means my son has to sleep on a Murphy Bed and loses out on the bunk. What to do? What to do?
It's a double convertible sofa. A sofa bed that pulls out from the bottom, not the Pullman-style single bed.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #22
wl1117
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmith9 View Post

What ship? If it's the Dream or Fantasy, then another option would be booking a Cat V. It's a slightly bigger room than a 5D and still has a drop down bunk. And its Concierge.

6th DCL cruise -Magic - May 2, 2014
wl1117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: