Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #91
Swissdog2010
DDC 677

Okay, so out of 60 thousand some odd employees you come across a rude one or two. Quess what. Coming on here and complaining about it doesn't do anyone any good. If you find their attitude unacceptable, stop at Guest Relations and mention it. They can't fix a problem if they don't know about it. Be part of the solution.
DisDad Member #677 Hooahh!

[1996---Off Property,2004---OKW, 2005---OKW,
2006---OKW/SSR,2007---OKW/SSR 2008---OKW/SSR
2009---SSR/SSR,2010---OKW/SSR,2011---OKW/SSR
2012---OKW/SSR, 2013---OKW/OKW, 2014---SSR/SSR(booked)
Swissdog2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #92
mmullena70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
My daughter has had a bottle thrown at her when the line wasn't moving fast enough, been cursed at but my favorite is when a child was too short to ride and the dad stood in front of her and taught his four year old how to give her the finger. And those are just a couple of examples of guests at the most magical place on earth.

Liz
And that man would have been the first to sue if your daughter had allowed his child to ride and the child had gotten injured somehow. Geez!
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
mmullena70 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #93
Hollywoodhaha
After all this time? Always
Mad Hatter It's a love story, Baby just say yes

As a cast member, I can say that I have had bad days..
but i still have the reflex to smile, even a small one, at everyone i make eye contact with.
My only problem is that my neutral face looks grumpy when I don't mean it to be

I have worked with many mean cast members, a lot are older full timers, and I just can't understand why they don't just leave if it makes them so unhappy.

Just ignore them and focus on the nice ones!

Also, yes we do deal with a lot of idiots but the cute stories and getting to sit down with a little girl and have a tea party or make a pirate sash/belt for a little boy while talking about his favorite pirate [when I was in merchandise] make it fun!

WDW College Program Alumni: Spring Advantage 2012 merchandise & Fall 2013 Space Mountain

Hollywoodhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #94
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Closed for moderation

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #95
MAF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissdog2010 View Post
Okay, so out of 60 thousand some odd employees you come across a rude one or two. Quess what. Coming on here and complaining about it doesn't do anyone any good. If you find their attitude unacceptable, stop at Guest Relations and mention it. They can't fix a problem if they don't know about it. Be part of the solution.
She has every right to post her experiences. This is a discussion forum and if somebody doesn't like something posted they have the right to not read any further.
MAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #96
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Folks please remember that this is a WDW planning board.

Comments about the general demise of society and how young and old have changed have no place on here.

For those that want to bait people find a new hoppy.
The best reaction from the board is to report the post/poster. Let the moderators do their job and do not add further fuel to the fire.

Thank you for your support

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #97
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodhaha View Post
As a cast member, I can say that I have had bad days..
but i still have the reflex to smile, even a small one, at everyone i make eye contact with.
My only problem is that my neutral face looks grumpy when I don't mean it to be

I have worked with many mean cast members, a lot are older full timers, and I just can't understand why they don't just leave if it makes them so unhappy.

Just ignore them and focus on the nice ones!

Also, yes we do deal with a lot of idiots but the cute stories and getting to sit down with a little girl and have a tea party or make a pirate sash/belt for a little boy while talking about his favorite pirate [when I was in merchandise] make it fun!
That is funny! My husband looks crabby when he is thinking. It has started many an argument.

Most of the time the cms are great. That is what makes the others stand out.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #98
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Folks please remember that this is a WDW planning board.

Comments about the general demise of society and how young and old have changed have no place on here.

For those that want to bait people find a new hoppy.
The best reaction from the board is to report the post/poster. Let the moderators do their job and do not add further fuel to the fire.

Thank you for your support
My apologies for all the tasty chum I threw in the water. Thank you for the good work you do here!
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #99
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsjs0708 View Post
We were entering POC and when asked how many at the loading area the CM actually looked at my daughter and said" I hate my job right now" I just looked at him and said WOW then maybe you shouldn't be a cast member...
Maybe we saw the same CM....as we were going in last week the CM was twirling one of the cards they give to check wait times and was just standing there groaning and muttering, "Oh my Go*" to himself. It was clear he didn't want to be there.

On that note we experienced quite a few rude CM's this trip and never, ever have before. I was chalking it up to being hot but at Typhoon Lagoon when we entered I went through then my girls scanned their cards w/ fingerprint--turned green started to walk through and was detained. The CM kept questioning them and telling my children their tickets were incorrect just like the lady on the other side. We had to convince him they were with me and not her and even after going through again, scanning finger, etc he never would admit he was wrong. He kept lecturing about how it was the system....nope buddy....it was you not paying attention. By no means did I let any of this ruin our trip.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #100
bball15fan
Mouseketeer

I remember when I was little I had a bad experience! I was in line to meet King Louie...all excited with my autograph book ready. I go up to him and he refused to sign my book! I could not understand why...until someone told me he had plastic hands and could not hold a pen. Now every time I see him I have flashbacks!
bball15fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #101
rapunzels
DIS Veteran

Maybe we should make a rude guest thread.... Sacasm.

Anyway I know last week, I was the rude guest toward a CM. I walked away from the situation ok with how I talked to her, but within a few hours when we left, I would have apologized if I had seen her again in the park.

Anyway my point is people say and do things they don't mean to sometimes. It doesn't always define who and how a person is... (Usually)....
We don't need to drag them through the mud for it here on the boards....Unfortunately, you usually need to remove yourself from the situation to realize that.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #102
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzels View Post
Maybe we should make a rude guest thread.... Sacasm.

Anyway I know last week, I was the rude guest toward a CM. I walked away from the situation ok with how I talked to her, but within a few hours when we left, I would have apologized if I had seen her again in the park.

Anyway my point is people say and do things they don't mean to sometimes. It doesn't always define who and how a person is... (Usually)....
We don't need to drag them through the mud for it here on the boards....Unfortunately, you usually need to remove yourself from the situation to realize that.
Bravo to you ! IMHO there are far more rude guest stories than CM stories

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #103
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'colaBeachBum View Post
I agree...don't like it, don't read.
I think that probably works about as well as ... "don't like the service, stop going."

Quote:
I really feel for both sides. Having said that...I've had jobs dealing with rude people and the policy where I worked was if there is a problem with an upset customer ...call a manager to deal with it. Perhaps that is what the training for CM's should include rather than have to deal with problems on their own.
Seems like it'd be easy, but a place the size of MK, for example, is a bit different than dealing with customers in a standard retail or resort situation. The CM could be dealing with a guest in front of Splash while his manager is dealing with an issue in the tunnels; or the manager could already be dealing with something going at another location. And you'd be surprised how many crabby, nasty guests will scream and yell and then -- when the CM pulls out their Nextel to call a manager -- the guest turns around and walks away. So ... the CM is supposed to chase them down? Restrain them? "Call a manager to deal with it" only works if the guest sticks around. Most don't, because they know they're behaving badly.

Quote:
I've been going to WDW since 73 and I've notice a decline in "customer service" and the cleanliness in the parks. People visiting have become increasingly rude and self-centered as well. Sign of the times or people feeling entitled because they do spend thousands on a vacation and feel that they can be rude? Very sad in any case.
Guests are also a lot messier than they used to be, although I tend to blame that on people traveling with more "stuff" in general. Back in the '70s people didn't come into the parks with backpacks full of ponchos, first aid kits, juice boxes, snacks, glowsticks, posters for the characters to sign, and all the rest. No one carried a cellphone; no one had iPads. There was less "stuff" ... thereby less trash from "stuff". And everyone was more willing to walk the 16 steps to the trash can rather than toss the wrapper of their Mickey bar on the ground.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #104
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post

Bravo to you ! IMHO there are far more rude guest stories than CM stories
Of course there would be. It probably runs along the general ratio of cmsatrons. Because everyone has their moments.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #105
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I can't say that we have ever come across a RUDE Cm. I have had a few be very short with me when I have asked them something, as if I were putting them out or they would rather be doing something else. But nothing I would ever think to complain to anybody about, besides telling it now.

I know people can't be perfect 24 hours a day every day of the week but when you take a job at Disney you should know going in that you are expected to be cheerful and helpful to everybody ALL DAY LONG. It's part of the job.

Now I can't imagine working in those crowds in 100 degree heat with 80% humidity. I would not be able to tolerate it. I also know I would not be able to put up with those ppl's attitudes and acting entitled all day without telling someone off so I would never even try to work at Disney.

I always try to treat ppl how I would like to be treated. And sometimes that means being nice to someone that is actually being rude to me. But I try to stop and ask myself...why is this person being so rude? What is going on in their life or in their day to make them feel the need to be that way? Maybe they just have a bad personality and are that way every day. But what if they just found out their mom has breast cancer or what if they are about to be evicted because they can't pay their rent. Or what if they are so broke they have gone 2 days without eating and it is making them crabby. I try to imagine the worst possible things that could justify why someone would treat someone else bad.

If you ever come across someone who seems to be having a very bad day just stop and tell them I am sorry you are having a bad day. They may tell you to F off that they aren't having a bad day. Then you will know they are just an a hole. But it may be exactly what that person needs to let them know someone has noticed and someone cared enough to say something.

But I do agree with a previous poster that Disney employees really should do their best to leave their bad day at the gate before they come in.

If we are talking about what vacations cost in reference to how we should be treated then I can say just about everybody at Disney has spent thousands of dollars to be there and should be treated nicely. Your vacation may have only cost you $2,000 but it was really hard to come up with that $2,000. My vacations usually cost us closer to $7,000. But that doesn't entitle me to better service or treatment than you.

But if I ever had someone yell at me or demean me in public I would most certainly ask to see a manager or go to guest services right then and file a formal complaint about how the Cm acted. But the incidents the OP mentioned are just incidents of stuff happens. Regular glitches in a normal day.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: