Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #691
XxDisneyfanxX
Earning My Ears

Just got back from USO/IOA. Ok so like I said before I am 5'5 250lbs. I wear 40C and 16/18 pant size. I was able to ride everything. Don't be afraid to try the test seats, it saves you time and embarrassment. I rode modified seats just to be on the safe side. But I tried to test seats on FJ and got the ok. In the "check point" and I wasn't pulled over to the side. It's a great ride. Don't be afraid to try the test seats
XxDisneyfanxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #692
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDisneyfanxX View Post
Just got back from USO/IOA. Ok so like I said before I am 5'5 250lbs. I wear 40C and 16/18 pant size. I was able to ride everything. Don't be afraid to try the test seats, it saves you time and embarrassment. I rode modified seats just to be on the safe side. But I tried to test seats on FJ and got the ok. In the "check point" and I wasn't pulled over to the side. It's a great ride. Don't be afraid to try the test seats
Thanks for checking back in and giving the great advice!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #693
gcoolie
I do believe in fairies!

We visited Universal last June as newbies and it was a very last minute trip. We had no clue about size being an issue on FJ. We got to the ride and they wouldn't let DH on ( 6'4" and 280). Very upsetting for the whole family. I know now to check the seat out front, but they didn't give using an outside seat as an option for him. Is that new since last summer? He is a tad bit lighter now. Any guesses about him getting on this time?

gcoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #694
mbrou24
Theme Park Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoolie View Post
We visited Universal last June as newbies and it was a very last minute trip. We had no clue about size being an issue on FJ. We got to the ride and they wouldn't let DH on ( 6'4" and 280). Very upsetting for the whole family. I know now to check the seat out front, but they didn't give using an outside seat as an option for him. Is that new since last summer? He is a tad bit lighter now. Any guesses about him getting on this time?
I think it varies. First time I went to ioa I got on fj just had to use the modified seat. and at the time I was a 42-44 waist and 315 pounds and 6'3.
mbrou24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #695
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Nope, it was the same last summer. Did they put him in the test seats before you guys got to the ride? If they did, they would know if the outside seats were going to work for him. Or did you actually sit on the ride and the restraints would not click?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #696
gcoolie
I do believe in fairies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post

Nope, it was the same last summer. Did they put him in the test seats before you guys got to the ride? If they did, they would know if the outside seats were going to work for him. Or did you actually sit on the ride and the restraints would not click?
Yes, they tested him inside the ride right before you get on. Was that for the modified seat?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #697
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Yes, they tested him inside the ride right before you get on. Was that for the modified seat?
Yes.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #698
gcoolie
I do believe in fairies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post

Yes.
Darn. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #699
disnutz
Mouseketeer

not to give false hopes, but i will say that last summer this was definitely a big issue at FJ. I have no idea what happened, but they were refusing to push the bars down and would not let anyone help you etc. From more recent posts, it does seem like they will push it down now.

July 20!!

Captain Fish Extender
disnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #700
vleeth
I heart Disney

So thankful for this thread. Two different 2013 guide books have 6 ft 4 in as the maximum height. Glad to see some 6 ft 6 in people have been able to ride.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #701
jennc27
Mouseketeer

My family and I went to Harry Potter World today and I wanted to help some of those who are worried about riding the Forbidden Journey because of their size. I was able to ride it just fine. I weigh about 230, wear size 18, large thighs, a fluffy gut, and have a large bust size of 40F. I did try the seat outside and the lady checked me and said I could ride. I did not have to try the second test seat inside. When I went to get on the ride the gentleman asked me to sit on the end. The restraint came down just fine and all they did was walked over and lifted it to make sure that it was latched. During the ride I was actually sliding around the seat a little bit.

Oh and the ride was beyond words of how great it was. Loved it!

Our First Harry Potter Trip May 22, 2013 to May 24, 2013

DH Me DS13 DS8
jennc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #702
gcoolie
I do believe in fairies!

Success!

We are back from a wonderful visit to US/IOA. I had previously posted that my 6'4" 280 lb DH wasn't allowed on FJ last summer. They checked him inside the ride right before you get on and said no.

This year we checked the test seats outside the ride. He sat in one and the light turned yellow. The TM standing there said he would have no problem on the actual ride, just sit in an outside seat. Sure enough, no one even looked twice at him when we arrived at the front of the line and he got in the outside seat with no problem. He is pretty much the same size this year, so maybe something changed since last June. Who knows

On a side note, I had read on another thread to try riding at night, because the lines really die down. We aren't early morning people on vacation, so we risked doing it that way. On Thursday night, we got on about an hour before park close in 20 minutes. On Friday, it was about 30 minutes and again maybe an hour before close.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #703
aaronbynion
Earning My Ears

Sorry folks, been trying to research this particular thread and it looks like its mostly women looking for help but I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring....

I'm 6`1" and weight roughly 320 give or take about 5 pound all in the belly area.

What are my chances?

April 27th, 2013 - Single Day @ Magic Kingdom with DS
June 28th-30th, 2013 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (Staying at Maingate Lakeside Resort)
aaronbynion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #704
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

there have been a few males that posted their size

go back more pages and you'll find them.

i know donaldduck52 and ky07 posted in this thread

i think the man's girth was more important than the height in fitting in the chairs.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #705
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronbynion View Post
Sorry folks, been trying to research this particular thread and it looks like its mostly women looking for help but I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring....

I'm 6`1" and weight roughly 320 give or take about 5 pound all in the belly area.

What are my chances?
It's all about body dimensions. The only way anyone can know for sure is when they get in the test seat. I know it's unfortunate, but it's hard to predict how someone's body is going to be when it is in the seat. Sometimes an overweight person with a squishy gut will make it on instead of a guy who is really buff because his arms have too much muscle.
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: