Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #61
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Hope you get good seats.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #62
tinks_1989
need a like button

I know they can't just one family all the seats but this caused me a lot of stress and worry leading up to our last holiday. The say DH across the aisle from me not a bulkhead and I had a bulk head seat. The next 3 seats next to me were empty. Of course DH moves next to me after but can you imagine if there were a lot o infants in the flight having four separate mums (or dads) with an infant each on their lap.

I do PRE book our seats like you but were offered the bulkhead and took them.

Hope your flight is quiet so you could all sit together with bulkhead seats. But you have plenty of you to keep little Charlie happy and plenty of laps for him to sit on.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #63
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
I know they can't just one family all the seats but this caused me a lot of stress and worry leading up to our last holiday. The say DH across the aisle from me not a bulkhead and I had a bulk head seat. The next 3 seats next to me were empty. Of course DH moves next to me after but can you imagine if there were a lot o infants in the flight having four separate mums (or dads) with an infant each on their lap.

I do PRE book our seats like you but were offered the bulkhead and took them.

Hope your flight is quiet so you could all sit together with bulkhead seats. But you have plenty of you to keep little Charlie happy and plenty of laps for him to sit on.
It is a nightmare. We were lucky the first time we took Megan as they said having me and DH together in the bulkhead seat wouldnt be a problem - we were even given our seat numbers. This was a few years ago (2010) and before all the aircraft changes and when you could book seats 300 odd days out. I didnt realise it had all changed as each trip after that we bought Megan a seat.

We cant check in online as we have a lap infant but we plan on getting to Twilight check in as soon as it opens at 5pm so crossing lots of fingers
Old 09-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #64
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Woooohoooo! 9 more sleeps until we head for Gatwick!

Done my online Check in for AKV and SSR.

Now just the small matter of packing, we have just purchased an owners locker so we can leave some bits for the kids out there (and a wine glass for me!)

Packing for myself, husband, 3 year old and 10 month old. Guaranteed it will be DH that causes most problems

Last edited by Laurafoster; 09-03-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Laurafoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #65
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Not long to go now Laura...... hope the packing goes well...hope you wil post lots of updates!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #66
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your fabulous PTR! It's almost here!!

We'll be there shortly after you, make sure you save us some sunshine! lol.

Looking forward to reading about your 4 night cruise, I'm still working on DH to do a cruise.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:00 AM   #67
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Someone remind me to never fly on Friday 13th again - it must be bad luck!

First Charlie was poorly. Ended up on a nebuliser and steroids. He has a set of steroids, an inhaler and course of antibiotics in hand luggage 'just incase'.

Next my mum woke up Monday morning feeling really unwell - sinus infection and on antibiotics.

Finally yesterday morning my dad was in a car accident. He got hit by a lorry on the motorway, car spun around and got stuck on the front of the lorry and was carried 100yards before getting wedged between lorry and crash barrier. He was amazingly lucky and walked away unhurt. Foreign lorry driver who didnt speak English and a potentially written off car 2 days before the holiday. Luckily a British lorry driver saw it all so he has a witness so will all get sorted.

Fair to say we need this holiday now!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #68
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post

First Charlie was poorly. Ended up on a nebuliser and steroids. He has a set of steroids, an inhaler and course of antibiotics in hand luggage 'just incase'.

Next my mum woke up Monday morning feeling really unwell - sinus infection and on antibiotics.

Finally yesterday morning my dad was in a car accident. He got hit by a lorry on the motorway, car spun around and got stuck on the front of the lorry and was carried 100yards before getting wedged between lorry and crash barrier. He was amazingly lucky and walked away unhurt. Foreign lorry driver who didnt speak English and a potentially written off car 2 days before the holiday. Luckily a British lorry driver saw it all so he has a witness so will all get sorted.

Oh my you deserve a holiday.

I really hope every one is feeling better by Friday and your dad is ok.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #69
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What an awful time your having. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery and I hope your dads ok. xx
Old 09-14-2013, 02:59 AM   #70
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a good flight yesterday and that everyone is feeling better.

Enjoy your holiday and I look forward to hearing all about it when you return.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #71
wicket2005
Hasn't got a clue what a tag is
Christmassyfyed, yes I have had a glass of wine judging by that spelling

Nightmare

1996, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008x2, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
wicket2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #72
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Wow that was a bad week!! But they do say a bad start leads to a good finish! The year DH popped the question at WDW we had just had our joint bank account cleaned out by online fraud and I was so upset going on hols but needless to say it was a magical vacation Hoping yours was just as wonderful

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #73
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Thanks all, it was definitely a nightmare week but of course the holiday more rhan made up for it

I'll hopefully start my report in a few days but to start off here are a few highs and lows -

Highs:

Virgins PE - lush lush lush! Wish i could afford to fly this way every time.

AKV - first stay at rhis resort and we were only there for 2 nights but i loved it.

Disney Cruise - once again it didnt disappoint. An amazing 4 days.

Charlie and Megan - Charlies first visit and Megans 4th but both kids had a great time and seeing them so excited all the time made my holiday perfect.

Lows:

Flight out - despite the luxury of PE the flight was a nightmare. DH got food poisoning and was really ill all flight. Luckily my parents were there to help otherwise i dont know what i would have done.

Flight home - Virgin split us up and sat my 3yo on her own. Had to spend ages tryig to sort something out. Virgins suggestion was i sit on my own with both kids for the flight whilst he sits a few rows away.Nightmare!

Saratoga Springs - My last trip here i loved it. But this time not so much. My first experience of a rude cast member, and issues with housekeeping (or lack of). And the first time ive complained about a Disney resort.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #74
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks all, it was definitely a nightmare week but of course the holiday more rhan made up for it

I'll hopefully start my report in a few days but to start off here are a few highs and lows -

Highs:

Virgins PE - lush lush lush! Wish i could afford to fly this way every time.

AKV - first stay at rhis resort and we were only there for 2 nights but i loved it.

Disney Cruise - once again it didnt disappoint. An amazing 4 days.

Charlie and Megan - Charlies first visit and Megans 4th but both kids had a great time and seeing them so excited all the time made my holiday perfect.

Lows:

Flight out - despite the luxury of PE the flight was a nightmare. DH got food poisoning and was really ill all flight. Luckily my parents were there to help otherwise i dont know what i would have done.

Flight home - Virgin split us up and sat my 3yo on her own. Had to spend ages tryig to sort something out. Virgins suggestion was i sit on my own with both kids for the flight whilst he sits a few rows away.Nightmare!

Saratoga Springs - My last trip here i loved it. But this time not so much. My first experience of a rude cast member, and issues with housekeeping (or lack of). And the first time ive complained about a Disney resort.
Oh no sounds like you had a nightmare with Virgin Laura

I've been wondering how your holiday went.

Look forward to hearing more about it
Old 10-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #75
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Our cousin had the same problem with VA seating their two year old separately and then expecting parents to sit separately thus leaving one poor parent to deal with the stress alone. They need to seriously rethink the way they arrange seats for families with littlies!!Looking forward to hearing all about the trip though

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: