Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #2491
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetpepper View Post
We are staying at POFQ in September and are so excited to try this resort out!

My question is, we will be going to Universal Studios for a day while we are there, are there taxis close by to take to the park? Has anyone taken one to Universal before and can give me a ballpark figure on how much it cost?

Thanks SO much!
There always seemed to be a couple of taxis across from the bus depot waiting in the parking lot every morning on our last 3 trips. I also saw on 2 mornings on our last trip Mears buses picking up people with Universal Studio on the front display. You might want to check out Mears website to see if they have scheduled pick ups at Disney to go to Universal. Worst case would be to get bell services /concierge to call a taxi for you.No idea on price but I would expect at least $20.00 before tip each way.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #2492
MeeskaMooskaMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetpepper

My question is, we will be going to Universal Studios for a day while we are there, are there taxis close by to take to the park? Has anyone taken one to Universal before and can give me a ballpark figure on how much it cost?

Thanks SO much!
We were recently there and a family told us they paid $35 each way. Well worth it i would think as we went to international drive by bus and with all the waiting around at bus stops and bus changes it took 3 hours to get there, never again!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #2493
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetpepper

Thanks SO much!
Mears taxi calculator estimate is $39.00 each way, plus tip

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 06-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #2494
farah
Mouseketeer

We checked in this morning and all I can say is Wow!!! We had done online check in and had requested 2nd floor, close to transportation, building 5 if possible and really wanted a room ready because of an early flight. We were the only ones at early check in and the kind CM asked if building 5 was a must and I said no as long as there was a room available. She was on the phone for a good 4-5 min. Well we got 2nd floor, building 2 and were upgraded to river view even though we had paid for garden view. We love it. The food court well that's another story. We will not be eating there again. Having an awesome first day!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #2495
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah View Post
We checked in this morning and all I can say is Wow!!! We had done online check in and had requested 2nd floor, close to transportation, building 5 if possible and really wanted a room ready because of an early flight. We were the only ones at early check in and the kind CM asked if building 5 was a must and I said no as long as there was a room available. She was on the phone for a good 4-5 min. Well we got 2nd floor, building 2 and were upgraded to river view even though we had paid for garden view. We love it. The food court well that's another story. We will not be eating there again. Having an awesome first day!
What's wrong with the food court?

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 06-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #2496
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post

What's wrong with the food court?
We were just there middle of May, spent a lot of time in the food court.... Decent food, fast service, we paid OOP, always found a seat, decent selections.... So what's the beef?

It was our second stay there and both trips were perfect, from CM's, food, pool, housekeeping and buses!!

DIS Dads Club Member
Old 06-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #2497
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccllap View Post
Laundry shocker last night. My bf went to take care of our accumulated clothes and he says the machines ONLY take credit cards now. No quarters, period. He is extremely upset about this (he rarely uses plastic at all, even pays cash for gas 99% of the time) and is planning to talk to GS about it.
The change-over occurred during our stay in April. I posted pics here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2089
Old 06-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #2498
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
The change-over occurred during our stay in April. I posted pics here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2089
Informative!! Thank you!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #2499
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone :wave. I will be staying at POFQ for the first time in 6 days. My question to you guys is are the rooms really as dark as the seem in the pictures, or do they look better when seen in person. TIA.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #2500
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammelleandBre View Post
Hi everyone :wave. I will be staying at POFQ for the first time in 6 days. My question to you guys is are the rooms really as dark as the seem in the pictures, or do they look better when seen in person. TIA.
I sure don't think the rooms are dark. Have you seen these pictures? I think they better represent what the rooms are like in person.

http://portorleans.org/gallery-POFQ-Rooms.php
Old 06-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #2501
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Never understood this dark issue, being a big fan if WL, it's what I always read here is that the rooms are dark...

Rooms are dark because there's only a sliding glass door only or at POFQ, one window... If you shut the drapes or shears at either room, yes it's dark... Who would want the sun blazing in their resort room.... As for lighting... there's ample lighting fixtures to brighten the room...

Decor is decent, never saw dark drab paint or paper in a room... So bottom line... I've never encountered any room at any resort on property being dark, and we've stayed at many a resort..!

DIS Dads Club Member
Old 06-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #2502
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
My question to you guys is are the rooms really as dark as the seem in the pictures.
I don't think the rooms even look dark in pictures to be honest. Not the properly exposed ones, anyway.

See http://www.portorleans.org/gallery-POFQ-Rooms.php.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #2503
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!

I don't think the rooms are dark at all. It's just right. Very cozy!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #2504
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The problem is that most people use the wrong setting when taking pictures of the room and they come out yellowish and dark. The rooms are fine, lots of light when you open the drapes.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #2505
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

We are here now and have had a wonderful stay and family reunion vacation at POFQ. Rooms are very nice, comfy beds, lovely grounds and enjoyed the pool. Absolutely no complaints from anyone in our group about the food court, but it is a food court, not five star cuisine. Everyone here very helpful and friendly.

The only negative is that the lobby refurbishment is definitely not magical. You are greeted at the entrance by green plywood walls on either side of the doors. it just doesn't look nice, but I knew to expect it. Check in is in a very small room that much have been the lobby of the old restaurant, not the main part of the restaurant, computers are rigged up with wires everywhere, and same for the concierge desk which is on two tables in the corner of the lobby, with computers rigged up. not a biggie, but For me it takes away from the ambiance of the resort. Yes, I know you don't spend much time in the lobby but at POFQ you walk through it each time you go to the bus stop, so you look at alot of green plywood!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation

Last edited by sunsetbeachgal; 06-21-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: