Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #151
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Welcome back WKWKOOK.

Glad to hear you were able to get Old Faithful for the same price. That's awesome!
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 06-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #152
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Beautiful pic, Kook!!

Here's a question/statement for all you BW veterans....the BWI rooms look a bit more "modern" (if that's the right word) than the villas? I'm referring to the bedspreads/beds. Now I'm second guessing my BWV stay...wondering if I should just do 2 rooms at BWI and not a 2 bedroom villa????? Of course the villas appear to be closer to the infamous clown pool...is that right? With 3 kids that may be a plus. I've always wanted to try an EP resort....I'm a bit of an MK resort snob so now I'm getting cold feet.... any thoughts?

Heather
Yes the décor is different....the BWI rooms are more upscale, the villas are more shabby chic...haven't been renovated in awhile but still very spacious & casual. I could never give up the space, laundry & kitchen of a 2BR villa for 2 rooms!

Yes the villas are on the clown pool side (there is also a quiet pool over there as well, and Community Hall is on that side as well.

Welcome back WDWKOOK!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #153
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Thanks a million! Y'all are completely right....spaciousness should outweigh the décor issue I'm having

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I would not give up the full kitchen and in room laundry, because of the bedding. I am very modern decor person, yet BWV is my home and I love the rooms, regardless of the bedding look.
I love your Minnie/Dooney pic in your signature! Wherever did you find it???!! It's adorable. Love my Disney Dooney's, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Heather... We have stayed in a 2 bdrm at BWV and they are beautiful and very spacious. We had 6 people and still had plenty of room. And the laundry in the room like the pp said is a definite plus. The clown pool is on the villa side also.

If we were going to spring for 2 rooms in the Inn, I would just go for the villas. JMHO.
Right again...makes a little more sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Yes the décor is different....the BWI rooms are more upscale, the villas are more shabby chic...haven't been renovated in awhile but still very spacious & casual. I could never give up the space, laundry & kitchen of a 2BR villa for 2 rooms!

Yes the villas are on the clown pool side (there is also a quiet pool over there as well, and Community Hall is on that side as well.
I like your description....Shabby Chic Think I'll give the hubby that description...sounds much better

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #154
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:

I love your Minnie/Dooney pic in your signature! Wherever did you find it???!! It's adorable. Love my Disney Dooney's, too
You know, I don't remember who gave it to me, someone on the Disney Dooney Thread designed it. It's been there so long, I kinda forget about it
Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #155
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Beautiful pic, Kook!!

Here's a question/statement for all you BW veterans....the BWI rooms look a bit more "modern" (if that's the right word) than the villas? I'm referring to the bedspreads/beds. Now I'm second guessing my BWV stay...wondering if I should just do 2 rooms at BWI and not a 2 bedroom villa????? Of course the villas appear to be closer to the infamous clown pool...is that right? With 3 kids that may be a plus. I've always wanted to try an EP resort....I'm a bit of an MK resort snob so now I'm getting cold feet.... any thoughts?

Heather
The thing to remember about BWV is that all two bedroom villas are lockoffs. That means they are a one bedroom villa with the studio connected (door open between the two units). So there are two entrances to the hallway - one from the one bedroom living room and one from the studio (second bedroom). There will only be two real beds in a BWV two bedroom villa - one king in the master bedroom and one queen bed in the studio portion. Then you will have one queen sleeper sofa in the living room and one double sleeper sofa in the studio portion. You will also have a kitchenette in the studio portion.

The villas do surround the Luna Park pool.

The BWV were totally renovated about three years ago.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #156
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Beautiful pic, Kook!!

Heather
Thanks, Heather! Well, you know how much I love the MK Resorts area, so I'm not much help with convincing you, but how about a split? How many days is your stay? Do you need a kitchen and laundry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Welcome back WKWKOOK.

Glad to hear you were able to get Old Faithful for the same price. That's awesome!
Thanks, abk96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post

Welcome back WDWKOOK!
I love your shabby chic description, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
You know, I don't remember who gave it to me, someone on the Disney Dooney Thread designed it. It's been there so long, I kinda forget about it
I believe it was LuLu'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The thing to remember about BWV is that all two bedroom villas are lockoffs. That means they are a one bedroom villa with the studio connected (door open between the two units). So there are two entrances to the hallway - one from the one bedroom living room and one from the studio (second bedroom). There will only be two real beds in a BWV two bedroom villa - one king in the master bedroom and one queen bed in the studio portion. Then you will have one queen sleeper sofa in the living room and one double sleeper sofa in the studio portion. You will also have a kitchenette in the studio portion.

Great information, as usual. I'm going to put your rehab info. on the first page. Would that be 2010?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #157
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

Thanks a million! And actually that lock-off deal sounds good. The kids won't mind sleeping on a sofa. Lots of times we take one sleeping bag because Jesse likes to sleep on the floor for some strange reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thanks, Heather! Well, you know how much I love the MK Resorts area, so I'm not much help with convincing you, but how about a split? How many days is your stay? Do you need a kitchen and laundry?
We are doing a split....FW cabins first, then on to a villa. We'll leave on Tuesdayish - maybe Wednesday - and go to the cabins. Hubby won't come in until Friday night. We'll check into unknown villa on Saturday. We'll be there 12 days...give or take, so yes we'll need the washer/dryer. The kids LOVE FW because there's soooooo much to do without going to the parks. Golf cart, Chip n Dale, campfire, movie night, fishing, swimming, archery, MBYBBQ....you know how I love that place It's a great place to relax and basically do nothing Still leaning heavily towards BWV.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #158
psac
DIS Veteran

Another vote for the villas here in your situation, especially needing the washer/dryer. We're "city folk," so we like to think of the decor as "country home," though I'm sure people with real homes in the country would disagree. anyway, I'm sure there are pictures on the first page, but more never hurt.

Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #159
psac
DIS Veteran

It's so early, only the elephants are awake.

Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #160
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Another vote for the villas here in your situation, especially needing the washer/dryer. We're "city folk," so we like to think of the decor as "country home," though I'm sure people with real homes in the country would disagree. anyway, I'm sure there are pictures on the first page, but more never hurt.
LOVE em'!!! Especially the one posted with "ignore the mess" We definitely need the space. I really like the bathrooms, too! Super spacious!! Our friends are DVC people, and they keep telling us that once we do the whole villa thing, we'll never go back to a regular room

Early mornings are the "bestest". I'm up with the chickens usually...and maybe the elephants in 2014 Do y'all like the pool area at BWVs? The infamous clown has always been a bit peculiar to me, but my kids would probably love the slide!

Thanks!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #161
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quick question....and I don't know if anyone has the exact answer, but I'll give it a go....

We've been to BWI twice now and it's definitely our favorite resort (and we've stayed at 13 WDW resorts total!). However, on our 2 trips, we've been blessed with CL and a BoardWalk view. We're contemplating an upcoming trip and I don't foresee CL or a water view in the cards. I know many BWI standard view rooms overlook the quiet pool, honeymoon cottages, Eiffel Tower, or even the courtyard on the Crescent Lake side...and any of those would be delightful. But I'd honestly be really disappointed if we got a view of the parking lot, the roof of the convention center or the access road. I know you can make requests, but I also know that a request is just that, and there are no promises. Does anyone have a rough idea of how many standard-view rooms overlook the more undesirable areas? We'd be going during a quiet time, so I'd hope that if our view was lousy, we'd have the opportunity to be moved. I'm also not opposed to making a game-time decision to upgrade to a non-CL water-view room..but looking at how the place is designed, I'm guessing there aren't too many of those.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #162
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Quick question....and I don't know if anyone has the exact answer, but I'll give it a go....

We've been to BWI twice now and it's definitely our favorite resort (and we've stayed at 13 WDW resorts total!). However, on our 2 trips, we've been blessed with CL and a BoardWalk view. We're contemplating an upcoming trip and I don't foresee CL or a water view in the cards. I know many BWI standard view rooms overlook the quiet pool, honeymoon cottages, Eiffel Tower, or even the courtyard on the Crescent Lake side...and any of those would be delightful. But I'd honestly be really disappointed if we got a view of the parking lot, the roof of the convention center or the access road. I know you can make requests, but I also know that a request is just that, and there are no promises. Does anyone have a rough idea of how many standard-view rooms overlook the more undesirable areas? We'd be going during a quiet time, so I'd hope that if our view was lousy, we'd have the opportunity to be moved. I'm also not opposed to making a game-time decision to upgrade to a non-CL water-view room..but looking at how the place is designed, I'm guessing there aren't too many of those.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
I have only stayed on the villa side, but we almost always do standard view, so I have had many views of the driveway LOL. Honestly it doesn't bother me at all, we like to watch the comings and goings, it can be rather amusing sometimes.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #163
LoveKermit
DIS Veteran

Rehab

I believe the rehab started in 2009 and was complete in early 2010. We stayed at the villas in Jan '10 and were in a rehabbed room.

We were unable to reserve a villa at GCH so just had a room for 5 days. By the end, it seemed very small. And I had to hoof it for laundry. You will enjoy the villas--extra TVs, extra BRs, etc. There is only one toilet and shower--and they are in the same room-- in the 1 BR part, but there are two sinks. And the one sink has a big vanity so two people could work at the same time if they didn't both need a sink.

Stick with the villa. Take extra detergent and dryer sheets though.

12 days is a long time....
DL-1999 offsite with DH**ASMu-2000 first onsite trip with DH**Offsite-2001 Halloween Horror Nights**Antigua-2002 Honeymoon**Offsite-2003 First Anniv. (Magical Music Days)**WL-2004**Dolphin-2004 (AP Nat'l Conference)**Shades of Green-Family Xmas 2005, Thanks for your service BIL**No Trip-2006, DD born in Dec!!!!!!!!**Poly-2007 **Dolphin MNSSHP/F & W-2008**BWV-2010**SSR-2010**BLT-2011**GCH-2013**BWV-2013
Old 06-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #164
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

I noticed on the online check-in there is a request tick box for rooms on the ground floor, are these popular or is the request there for pushchair/wheelchair users? I really don't want to stay in one as I have a crawly phobia but there isn't a request box for a higher floor, I'm just hoping that they are popular and I have a greater chance of getting a good night's sleep and not worrying about sharing my bed with the cast of a bugs' life

Great photos btw, I'm getting all excited about my trip now
Old 06-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #165
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I noticed on the online check-in there is a request tick box for rooms on the ground floor, are these popular or is the request there for pushchair/wheelchair users? I really don't want to stay in one as I have a crawly phobia but there isn't a request box for a higher floor, I'm just hoping that they are popular and I have a greater chance of getting a good night's sleep and not worrying about sharing my bed with the cast of a bugs' life

Great photos btw, I'm getting all excited about my trip now
I would call and request a higher floor. For us, it's privacy, even with sheers (dumb BLT no sheers, but that's a different issue), I like to have everything open, and if people are walking by with a first floor room, we feel like zoo animals on display.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: