Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #3241
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher

A little more milk info.

The 1/2 gallon sold in the food court is whole milk. I prefer low fat milk so we went to WalMart and bought 1/2 gallon for 2.96.

There are 1/2 pint containers of low fat milk in the food court but they are $$$$ 1.80! Outrageous if you ask me

Have a great trip
Wow your dairy in the US must be so cheap! Here in Canada a 1/2 gallon at the supermarket is $5! Btw I had to Google how many litres a half gallon was

I'll gladly pay $3.19
jpessa is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #3242
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016

I'm sure they are but they're closer and open 24 hrs lol
Touché! LOL
But the vending machines...last time I looked basically were candy bars, chips and stuff like that and of course, the soda machines....
stitchlovestink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #3243
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 577

Duplicate
jpessa is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #3244
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa

Wow your dairy in the US must be so cheap! Here in Canada a 1/2 gallon at the supermarket is $5! Btw I had to Google how many litres a half gallon was

I'll gladly pay $3.19
WOW!!! That's crazy. I'd go broke on buying just milk. We go through 2 gallons a week.
Kat016 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #3245
joanzie72
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 158

packing alcohol...

For those of you that bring your beer, wine, or booze with you, how have you packed it if you are flying?
__________________
The Fantabulous momma
Crazy husband
Compassionate DS (9)
The comical DS (6)

joanzie72 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #3246
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

Touché! LOL
But the vending machines...last time I looked basically were candy bars, chips and stuff like that and of course, the soda machines....
A soda machine is all we need for a mixer with the honey...lol
Kat016 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #3247
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanzie72
For those of you that bring your beer, wine, or booze with you, how have you packed it if you are flying?
I'm going to but haven't yet. I'm going to put it in my luggage between clothes so its cushioned. And hope it doesn't break. I'm going to see if the bottle will fit in a gallon ziplock bag too just in case. But I'm interested too to see if there's any other ideas.
Kat016 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #3248
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran
 
SPOERLX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mesquite, Tx
Posts: 1,593

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Wow your dairy in the US must be so cheap! Here in Canada a 1/2 gallon at the supermarket is $5! Btw I had to Google how many litres a half gallon was

I'll gladly pay $3.19
WOW!!! $5 for 1/2 gallon! $3.19 is a bargain for you!
I am in the Dallas, Texas area and our milk runs $2.19 - $2.79 for a gallon!
__________________
me DH DS DDNL DGS10 DGS7 I am Blessed!!
SPOERLX3 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #3249
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016

WOW!!! That's crazy. I'd go broke on buying just milk. We go through 2 gallons a week.
That's not bad! There are weeks I go thru 4 almost 5 gallons and there are just 3 of us!! My DH is a HUGE milk drinker! LOL
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #3250
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

That's not bad! There are weeks I go thru 4 almost 5 gallons and there are just 3 of us!! My DH is a HUGE milk drinker! LOL
Omg...I thought we were bad. you've got me beat...you'd go broke lol
Kat016 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #3251
star72232
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post

Wow your dairy in the US must be so cheap! Here in Canada a 1/2 gallon at the supermarket is $5! Btw I had to Google how many litres a half gallon was

I'll gladly pay $3.19
I'm guessing that you are thinking about a gallon. , not a 1/2 gallon. A 4L bag (just over a gallon) in my area (southern Ontario) is right around $4 (up to closer to $5 at Metro, Zehrs, etc). Although - buying a 2L carton is almost the same price, so I guess it's all about how you buy it.
star72232 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #3252
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanzie72 View Post
For those of you that bring your beer, wine, or booze with you, how have you packed it if you are flying?
Bubble Wrap. I haven't flown with alcohol to WDW, but have to other destinations and needed to take a particular Michigan wine (don't laugh -- it's very good!) to a friend. Bubble wrap in a huge ziploc bag was the answer. It was in the middle of my checked bag amongst my clothing. Depending on how many bottles you're taking, watch the weight of your bag. (I just flew from Vancouver and I couldn't believe how many people had bags that weighed more than 50 pounds. Then they were repacking at the counter, holding up the lines. It was ridiculous.)

Now, when we go to WDW, I order from Garden Grocer or stop by Hess. A bit more expensive but worth the convenience!
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #3253
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

Bubble Wrap. I haven't flown with alcohol to WDW, but have to other destinations and needed to take a particular Michigan wine (don't laugh -- it's very good!) to a friend. Bubble wrap in a huge ziploc bag was the answer. It was in the middle of my checked bag amongst my clothing. Depending on how many bottles you're taking, watch the weight of your bag. (I just flew from Vancouver and I couldn't believe how many people had bags that weighed more than 50 pounds. Then they were repacking at the counter, holding up the lines. It was ridiculous.)

Now, when we go to WDW, I order from Garden Grocer or stop by Hess. A bit more expensive but worth the convenience!
Bubble wrap is a great idea....
Kat016 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #3254
AuroraRora
Princess
 
AuroraRora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,501

I wrap mine in a big fluffy bath towel. Then I have my fave towel from home when I get there, too
__________________
Oct '00, '02, '04 - Off-property 3 weeks each
March 06 - Spring Break
July '07 - AK Lodge 3 weeks
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #3255
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 577

Quote:
Originally Posted by star72232

I'm guessing that you are thinking about a gallon. , not a 1/2 gallon. A 4L bag (just over a gallon) in my area (southern Ontario) is right around $4 (up to closer to $5 at Metro, Zehrs, etc). Although - buying a 2L carton is almost the same price, so I guess it's all about how you buy it.
Nope, 1/2 gallon (2 litres). Yes I do get the carton, and you're right the bags are better value but we don't go through enough and would lose it. A 2 litre carton at Loblaws is $4.79 and never goes on sale.
jpessa is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: