Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #3196
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Ahhh..........love those Gold KTTW cards !!! Lol. .

Syndrome
While making purchases, I found myself keeping them out a little longer than usual

2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Easter Week: ASMo
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #3197
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

How exciting....the month will go by before you know it .

Have a great trip .
Thanks! We are so excited!!! Will try to send updates next week!!!

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #3198
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

Ok, so I am assuming the slide is working as well, I hope???

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #3199
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy's Mom View Post
I was just going to post this same exact picture, but I took mine on Monday. I was like "how the heck did my picture get up here"
Post your picture too ! Maybe we can see if the waterfall is working better Monday, than Sunday. Are we obsessed a little..........NAAA !!!

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Old 06-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #3200
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
... Our first CL ever, I don't know what took me so long to commit to it, now I'll never go back.
Aaahhhhh....the dangers of trying CL...there is no turning back . I know the feeling too well . It feels good to be pampered . My DH finds it very hard to return to reality.

DH DW DD DS
Old 06-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #3201
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, first day back to work after vacation. We stayed in SL 6223, marina view. Our first CL ever, I don't know what took me so long to commit to it, now I'll never go back.

Check in was amazing, they met us with the ipad at our cab, walked us to our room and checked us in right there. We got there at 11a, and we were in the pool by noon.

Everything was spectacular, when we left, I had a tear in my eye....first time that ever has happened to me. I think the DH did too, because he put on his sunglasses really fast when we got on ME.

I even sat down and had a nice chat with Miss Lynn. She is as charming as the GF.

Simply can't wait to go back. When can I book for June of 2014 ?
We may have been there at the same time. We were there from Saturday, June 8th to Saturday, June 15th. We stayed SL Room 6301 - marina view too! First time club level for us also and I loved the Grand Floridian. I have wanted to stay there forever.

My daughter is a cast member - safari driver at Animal Kingdom - and one of her good friends and co-workers told me I was "living the gold key life" when he saw my yellow room key.
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14, June '14, July '14! August '14, Disneyland August '14, Sept. '14,
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #3202
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol-lamb View Post

My daughter is a cast member - safari driver at Animal Kingdom - and one of her good friends and co-workers told me I was "living the gold key life" when he saw my yellow room key.
Love it!

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #3203
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
Thanks! We are so excited!!! Will try to send updates next week!!!
That would be great.....I love live reports .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #3204
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Picture of the night ...........enjoy !

Only 36 days until Sugarloaf !!!

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Old 06-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #3205
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hello, GF lovers!! I had to pop in and see how everyone's summer plans are progressing. For everyone there now or heading soon, have a magical vacation. BTW - for anyone recently returned, is the waterfall operating at the Beach Pool? I haven't heard.

sydneysmom - welcome back, thanks for the review!! Glad you ended up with a great room and you had a wonderful trip.

Did someone say Citrus pancakes?!

carole-lamb - thanks for the review, glad you had a Grand stay.: I know what you mean about hating to close the door for the last time.~sigh~

MrsJ Henry - congrats on your anniversary/birthday trip!

BlueSkies - Your description of the pool elevator is my understanding as well; so named back in the day when the courtyard pool was the only pool.

pas - I caught up with several pages at once and laughed at the differing plans along the way!
Love the pic! just did online check in and now can't make up my mind if I want Marina or Pool view
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #3206
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I guess my changing ways will never change Eh, it's all good. My friends love me anywoo Lulu'sMom will return with some awesome GF pics I am sure...she's enjoying WL CL as I type
We do, indeed!

Looking forward to hearing from Lulu'sMom and seeing her photos.

Quote:
Well, first day back to work after vacation. We stayed in SL 6223, marina view. Our first CL ever, I don't know what took me so long to commit to it, now I'll never go back.

Check in was amazing, they met us with the ipad at our cab, walked us to our room and checked us in right there. We got there at 11a, and we were in the pool by noon.

Everything was spectacular, when we left, I had a tear in my eye....first time that ever has happened to me. I think the DH did too, because he put on his sunglasses really fast when we got on ME.

I even sat down and had a nice chat with Miss Lynn. She is as charming as the GF.

Simply can't wait to go back. When can I book for June of 2014 ?
Cool! Did you feel like a rock star?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
Ok, so I am assuming the slide is working as well, I hope???
I assume so. Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol-lamb View Post
We may have been there at the same time. We were there from Saturday, June 8th to Saturday, June 15th. We stayed SL Room 6301 - marina view too! First time club level for us also and I loved the Grand Floridian. I have wanted to stay there forever.

I'm glad you were finally able to stay at the Grand, now you are spoiled, right?!

Awesome about your DD being a CM, I'll bet she enjoys the Safari. Seems like a fun job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Love the pic! just did online check in and now can't make up my mind if I want Marina or Pool view
Ooh, you are getting close! Good luck with your request, it's a tough choice!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #3207
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom What a delicious looking breakfast! Sure wish I was at the GF Cafe right now...

MickeyNut! Good morning!! I am looking foward to those 2014 rates coming out too...

When I was at the GF last month I strolled by the beach pool ..to take yet another set of pictures...LOL ..and noticed the waterfall was not on...when I asked the life guard about it she said they were adjusting it for safety reasons... and that they could not see clearly behind it they way it was..

Also although staying CL...I had a plain old blue key card??? I do happen to be partial to the color blue ...But I too enjoyed that special gold card! The CMs said that they are phasing out the gold cards..and will only be issuing the blue ones in the future...???

To all those travleing to the GF soon...Enjoy your trips!!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #3208
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
k&a&c'smom What a delicious looking breakfast! Sure wish I was at the GF Cafe right now...

MickeyNut! Good morning!! I am looking foward to those 2014 rates coming out too...

When I was at the GF last month I strolled by the beach pool ..to take yet another set of pictures...LOL ..and noticed the waterfall was not on...when I asked the life guard about it she said they were adjusting it for safety reasons... and that they could not see clearly behind it they way it was..

Also although staying CL...I had a plain old blue key card??? I do happen to be partial to the color blue ...But I too enjoyed that special gold card! The CMs said that they are phasing out the gold cards..and will only be issuing the blue ones in the future...???

To all those travleing to the GF soon...Enjoy your trips!!
WELL!! No more gold keys?! What is the World coming to?! I do hope that is only a misunderstanding and the CM is wrong. I know we have had blue cards in CL in the past, I think we were told they were out of the gold at the time. I hope that is the case, though I don't know why - just a fun perk, I guess.

LOL about "yet another set of pictures"! I can relate, I have folders with very similar photos from year to year. Now is a good time to take extras, though, with all the changes.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #3209
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran

The waterfall was working, as to its force, IMO it was a little weak, although I have nothing to compare it to.

The slide was also open when we left Monday at 5p.

2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Easter Week: ASMo
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Old 06-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #3210
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Hi there Blue . Yeah, the 2014 rates can't come out too soon ....although my DH would probably like it better if they came out (much) later rather than sooner .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
WELL!! No more gold keys?! What is the World coming to?!

I agree that it's not a big deal getting a blue key instead of a gold one, but it is nice to see that gold card when entering a park or paying for something, even though it is just a fun perk .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: