Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Fantasy - Merchandise Question

For all the recent Fantasy cruisers....what are the hot selling items on the ship right now? When we were on the Dream, it was a two-pack of vinylmations. We missed them on the first cruise but since we were B2B, we were able to get them on the second cruise. Plus a lot of inaugural voyage merchandise, etc.

What items seem to be selling out quickly? We like vinylmations, tervis cups, pins, etc.

I would love to hear about your purchases!! Thanks!!

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

I was on the Fantasy last September, and I don't remember anything selling out... Everything I saw on the 1st night was still available on the last night...

The only thing I really remember selling out were some of the pirate themed t-shirts by pirate night. And then it was only certain designs in certain sizes. There was on shirt DH wanted, but it was sold out in his size. But he was able to find a different pirate shirt in his size.
trickiwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
caribbeandreaming
Mouseketeer

We went on the Dream last year and the Fantasy this year. I found that the Fantasy gift shops were much better stocked than the ones on the Dream. For example, I bought a Tervis cup the first night on the Dream and went back the next night to get another for my mom and they were gone and not replenished. for the rest of the cruise. Everything I bought the first few days on the Fantasy was still available on the last night (I spent A LOT of time in the gift shops ). I'm not into pin trading or the vinyls so can't speak to those items specifically. The passenger turnover on the Dream is higher than on the Fantasy because it sails twice per week instead of once, so they probably go through the merchandise a lot quicker, thus making it harder to keep the popular items stocked.
caribbeandreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
jetskigrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post
I was on the Fantasy last September, and I don't remember anything selling out... Everything I saw on the 1st night was still available on the last night...

The only thing I really remember selling out were some of the pirate themed t-shirts by pirate night. And then it was only certain designs in certain sizes. There was on shirt DH wanted, but it was sold out in his size. But he was able to find a different pirate shirt in his size.
Thanks so much!! The one thing that I know DH wants is an O'Gill's t-shirt so hopefully they will have his size (we will check for it early in the cruise). I'm glad to hear that pretty much everything stays stocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeandreaming View Post
We went on the Dream last year and the Fantasy this year. I found that the Fantasy gift shops were much better stocked than the ones on the Dream. For example, I bought a Tervis cup the first night on the Dream and went back the next night to get another for my mom and they were gone and not replenished. for the rest of the cruise. Everything I bought the first few days on the Fantasy was still available on the last night (I spent A LOT of time in the gift shops ). I'm not into pin trading or the vinyls so can't speak to those items specifically. The passenger turnover on the Dream is higher than on the Fantasy because it sails twice per week instead of once, so they probably go through the merchandise a lot quicker, thus making it harder to keep the popular items stocked.
Thanks!! That is good to hear. Yes, things seemed to disappear and not get restocked on the Dream. That does make sense that it would be due to the shorter cruises and more turnover of guests. Plus we sailed on the Dream about 2 1/2 months after the Maiden Voyage so I'm sure that added to the frenzy to buy certain items.

I spend way too much time in the shops too. And I always seem to find something new each time I go in there. It is always scary when the CMs welcome me back into the store by name.

Next Up:
Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
cruzergirl
Earning My Ears

Perhaps there should be a support group for those of us addicted to DCL gift shops?? . Just got off Fantasy in May and there was a nice line of "15 years of DCL" anniversary merchandise. Also some cute Chamilia charms if you like jewelry. Have fun!!
cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
disneynme
Mouseketeer

I did discover a little unmarked clearance section in one of the shops. They had these adorable Minnie dresses in adult sizes marked down to $17.99. They also had a black Minnie skirt and matching sweater for women, DCL t-shirts for $6.99 and some other things. I didn't find the section till our 2nd or 3rd day and by then they didn't have my size in the Minnie dress. DH did get one of the $6.99 t-shirts and they were really nice.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

LOL we spend a lot of time in the gift shops as well. One of the CM recognized us from the Disney Dream.

Just got back from our cruise on the Disney Fantasy. I second that the merchandise seemed to be replenished throughout the trip and they didn't seem to run out of things. One example is bought a few t-shirts. Went back to look at another couple few days later and sizing was still available.

Happy shopping on your next cruise!!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #8
jetskigrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzergirl View Post
Perhaps there should be a support group for those of us addicted to DCL gift shops?? . Just got off Fantasy in May and there was a nice line of "15 years of DCL" anniversary merchandise. Also some cute Chamilia charms if you like jewelry. Have fun!!
Oh yeah, I would be a member of that support group, for sure

I have been eye-ing the Chamilia charms. I don't have a bracelet yet but that could convince me to start. Do they sell the bracelets also, or is it better to purchase that elsewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynme View Post
I did discover a little unmarked clearance section in one of the shops. They had these adorable Minnie dresses in adult sizes marked down to $17.99. They also had a black Minnie skirt and matching sweater for women, DCL t-shirts for $6.99 and some other things. I didn't find the section till our 2nd or 3rd day and by then they didn't have my size in the Minnie dress. DH did get one of the $6.99 t-shirts and they were really nice.
Oh thanks...I'll check all the back sections. I found my DS a clearance DCL hoodie sweatshirt on the Wonder also. $12 I love the hidden deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever a Princess View Post
LOL we spend a lot of time in the gift shops as well. One of the CM recognized us from the Disney Dream.

Just got back from our cruise on the Disney Fantasy. I second that the merchandise seemed to be replenished throughout the trip and they didn't seem to run out of things. One example is bought a few t-shirts. Went back to look at another couple few days later and sizing was still available.

Happy shopping on your next cruise!!
Thanks

I wonder if it was one of our favorite CMs from the Dream. One of them I am friends with on FB and he isn't working on the ships anymore. But I would love to see one of the other CMs that was just wonderful to us, and especially my DS. She went out of her way to make a disappointment (he really wanted one of the ship models and they didn't have them) a very magical moment instead. She definitely showered him with

Next Up:
Old 06-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
cruzergirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post

Oh yeah, I would be a member of that support group, for sure

I have been eye-ing the Chamilia charms. I don't have a bracelet yet but that could convince me to start. Do they sell the bracelets also, or is it better to purchase that elsewhere?

Oh thanks...I'll check all the back sections. I found my DS a clearance DCL hoodie sweatshirt on the Wonder also. $12 I love the hidden deals.

Thanks

I wonder if it was one of our favorite CMs from the Dream. One of them I am friends with on FB and he isn't working on the ships anymore. But I would love to see one of the other CMs that was just wonderful to us, and especially my DS. She went out of her way to make a disappointment (he really wanted one of the ship models and they didn't have them) a very magical moment instead. She definitely showered him with
I bought my Chamilia bracelet on the Magic 3 cruises ago, and I don't think the price was that much different than back home. I liked buying it on the boat because it makes me smile knowing where it came from!! Definitely go for it - becomes addicting! All the ships have exclusive DCL charms, and I've been able to snag some reasonably priced ones at different ports of call. Chamilia is compatible with all brands though so you can always buy a charm onboard and find jewelry for it later... It's just not as fun!!
cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #10
jetskigrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzergirl View Post
I bought my Chamilia bracelet on the Magic 3 cruises ago, and I don't think the price was that much different than back home. I liked buying it on the boat because it makes me smile knowing where it came from!! Definitely go for it - becomes addicting! All the ships have exclusive DCL charms, and I've been able to snag some reasonably priced ones at different ports of call. Chamilia is compatible with all brands though so you can always buy a charm onboard and find jewelry for it later... It's just not as fun!!
Thanks!! I'm definitely thinking about it. I wasn't able to get a cabana for this trip (and I budgeted for one on the very off chance we could get it) so I have some extra vacation funds to play around with I'll be spending a lot of time in the stores

Next Up:
Old 06-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #11
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

I wasn't wowed by the merchandise on the Dream so I'm hoping the Fantasy has more selection.
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
emsmomma
Mouseketeer

Do they have extended sizes in the gift shops on the Fantasy?
emsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #13
jetskigrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmomma View Post
Do they have extended sizes in the gift shops on the Fantasy?
I know I saw 1x (XL) and 2X (both men and women) but there may have also been a 3x, at least in the men's t-shirts.

Next Up:
Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Anyone know if they sell the Ooh La La champagne glasses anywhere on board? Our son got engaged last year on the Fantasy and we had a mini engagement reception in that lounge and I forgot to ask about getting 2 glasses. They want to use them as their toasting glasses at the wedding.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #15
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Anyone know if they sell the Ooh La La champagne glasses anywhere on board? Our son got engaged last year on the Fantasy and we had a mini engagement reception in that lounge and I forgot to ask about getting 2 glasses. They want to use them as their toasting glasses at the wedding.

MJ
MJ -

The do sell them in White Caps.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: