Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #21
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~If you or anyone can find where you read this, pass it along because I find it interesting. We go in late August, and the parks are lighter in crowds than average but TSMM, TOT, RNRC, even the The Backstage Tour and Muppets 3D had longer waits, so I've always wondered why Star Tours seems so unpopular. The only other rides that I've seen that empty are Nemo and The People Mover and those are also huge people eaters, so you might be on to something.
Not a big mystery.

Star Tours does have a high capacity. There are 6 simulators, each of which has a capacity of 40 people. The ride run time itself is around four and a half minutes. Allow perhaps a minute to reload, and my calculations have it at 2618/hour. When operating all six. They don't need to at all times, so they will cut down to what is reasonable to save on maintenance and staff. So in general, regardless of how busy the park is, it generally seems to have the same length of line.

I don't remember other capacities offhand, RNRC I think is around 1800.

I'm really not sure on TOT. Some napkin calculations come out way too low.

I've heard TSM is around 1000 or less.

ST could be one the biggest capacity ride attractions outside of the Omnimovers.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: