Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #136
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~If you or anyone can find where you read this, pass it along because I find it interesting. We go in late August, and the parks are lighter in crowds than average but TSMM, TOT, RNRC, even the The Backstage Tour and Muppets 3D had longer waits, so I've always wondered why Star Tours seems so unpopular. The only other rides that I've seen that empty are Nemo and The People Mover and those are also huge people eaters, so you might be on to something.
Not a big mystery.

Star Tours does have a high capacity. There are 6 simulators, each of which has a capacity of 40 people. The ride run time itself is around four and a half minutes. Allow perhaps a minute to reload, and my calculations have it at 2618/hour. When operating all six. They don't need to at all times, so they will cut down to what is reasonable to save on maintenance and staff. So in general, regardless of how busy the park is, it generally seems to have the same length of line.

I don't remember other capacities offhand, RNRC I think is around 1800.

I'm really not sure on TOT. Some napkin calculations come out way too low.

I've heard TSM is around 1000 or less.

ST could be one the biggest capacity ride attractions outside of the Omnimovers.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #137
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Not a big mystery.

Star Tours does have a high capacity. There are 6 simulators, each of which has a capacity of 40 people. The ride run time itself is around four and a half minutes. Allow perhaps a minute to reload, and my calculations have it at 2618/hour. When operating all six. They don't need to at all times, so they will cut down to what is reasonable to save on maintenance and staff. So in general, regardless of how busy the park is, it generally seems to have the same length of line.

I don't remember other capacities offhand, RNRC I think is around 1800.

I'm really not sure on TOT. Some napkin calculations come out way too low.

I've heard TSM is around 1000 or less.

ST could be one the biggest capacity ride attractions outside of the Omnimovers.
~Oh wow! Thanks doc, you are always armed with with the stats and numbers and I finally have the answer to my "non" mystery.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #138
disneygirly
Mouseketeer

My family would love a Star Wars Land. We do like the stunt show, but after seeing it numerous times we don't mind giving it up for something as awesome as new land.
disneygirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #139
bcrook
DIS Veteran

How does this photo affect the future of Lights Motors Action! ???
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #140
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I'd say it isn't going away short term as the OP implied, but could still be gone within a year, as some other rumors say...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 07-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #141
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
They recently added Fastpass+ lines to Festival of the Lion king and we know that is moving, so I wouldn't read to much into this.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #142
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I agree, I think it's probably a temporary measure to come up with something else for people to choose for fastpass+ selections. DHS isn't as attraction heavy as MK, so they'll need it. They can take that out as easily as they put it in once they got rolling on new construction.

Now that being said.. it may be temporary but it's still ridiculous
Old 07-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #143
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Did not read any of this thread except the op. HOWEVER I have to say the stunt car show was a huge yawn. I went once and that was it. I would love to see something more interactive or at least cute in its place.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #144
Kellitinkerbelli
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I would rather see Star Wars land!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #145
PTSMickey
Earning My Ears

DHS upgrade?

Think I would prefer Cars Land to Star Wars Land. But replacing the stunt show with almost anything would be an improvement in my book. Saw it once, that was enough. Still miss the movie lot area of backlot tour. Especially at Christmas.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #146
sbhammonds
ThisMomLovesDisney

Noooooo!!!!

My whole family adores this attraction and we will be soo sad to see it closed! I hope they will still have it next spring when we go back...
sbhammonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #147
barbarachagas
Earning My Ears

I'd hate to see it close as well... =(
Old 07-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #148
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Lest anybody think Team Disney Orlando will go full force on any new projects, this comes from Mice Chat rumors:

Quote:
The Board also got overviews of WDI’s plans to attempt a more modest makeover of the Disney’s Hollywood Studios park in Florida, with a scaled down Cars Land section and some of the same Star Wars concepts planned for Tomorrowland.
Booooo, WDW always gets screwed over on these things. They know they can halfass things and people will still come. They try to do that in DL and there will be a revolt.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #149
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Tomorrowland?!? Do they not remember that Star Wars took place a long time ago?!? Nor do I think it meets "retro-future" tests...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: