Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #151
Coconut8473
Earning My Ears
 
Coconut8473's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 45

Hi everyone,

We're so excited to be joining you all on this cruise (our second on DCL and first on the Dream; we sailed on the Magic last summer out of NYC and LOVED it). It'll be me (40), DH (40) and DS (3.5), and we'll be traveling with another couple and their 3.5-year-old as well. We're following our cruise with 4 days at WDW, staying at the Dolphin. We've got a Palo brunch booked, and are looking forward to the Blue Lagoon Beach Day in Nassau (did this last year, and, aside from the mediocre lunch that's included, had a blast.)

We booked back in January when we found a fabulous rate for Cat 7A, and I've been monitoring the rates and category availability for the past 6 months. Is it possible that this cruise could be sailing full? Or do they sometimes hold back cabins that haven't sold out by the 75-day mark, and then release them at low rates closer to the sailing date? I was always under the impression that the last week in August was among the least popular, because it's prime hurricane season and many schools in the country are already back in session. We're from NY, where school usually begins after Labor Day, so we traditionally like to take advantage and travel the week before. We used to always take advantage of the smaller crowds at Disney over Labor Day, but I'm curious if that's changed at all over the past few years (we haven't done our WDW Labor Day trip since 2008).

Either way, full or empty, crowds or not, it's going to be a great trip!
Coconut8473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #152
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mousachusetts
Posts: 450

I called Disney today with a question and the CM said our cruise is almost sold out with only 10 cabins in hold. And all that is left are concierge.

Looks like a FULL ship.
__________________
Mom DS John (21) DS Owen (11) DS Brady (9) DCat Mew DCat Cheddar

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014

Last edited by baleeve; 06-15-2013 at 07:25 AM.
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #153
disneytheway
Earning My Ears
 
disneytheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 68

Hi everyone!
Just saying hello to all who are so excited with the upcoming cruise.
__________________



(me) :DH DS (9) DS (7)
disneytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #154
Timothynt
Earning My Ears
 
Timothynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 36

FE Clarification

Just to be clear, the FE list that I have posted has NOT been split yet. That is the full list and I will split it once we close it in two weeks.

I will post a PDF version of it as well as the excel version so that everyone can at least see it.
Timothynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #155
Timothynt
Earning My Ears
 
Timothynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 36

Cheribelle I removed you from the FE list but added you to the meet up list, just in case you are interested it putting some faces to names.
Timothynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #156
Timothynt
Earning My Ears
 
Timothynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 36

Cabins

I know that many of your are still awaiting cabin numbers, but if you have them, can you send them to me so that I can update the FE list.
Timothynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #157
FlyTriPacer
Mouseketeer
 
FlyTriPacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sandston, VA
Posts: 87

Timithynt, please remove us from the FE list. When is the meet? Haven't mentioned this to the wife, but it may just be me (depending on time).

Thanks!
__________________
Straighten Up and Fly Right!

CAVU
FlyTriPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #158
Timothynt
Earning My Ears
 
Timothynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 36

FlyTriPacer I removed you from the FE list and put you on the meet only list. I am not sure exactly when or where the meet up will be. So check back here to find out.

Tim

PS I am a flycirrus kind of guy
Timothynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #159
SOTOFAMAUG13
Earning My Ears
 
SOTOFAMAUG13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15

FE Extenders

Hi! This will be our first Disney Cruise and we are super excited!!
We would love to participate in the FE Extenders....Can someone give me more info on how it works. We will have 3 rooms on the 10th floor, will have to double check room #'s. It'll be dh (36) me (33) ds (2 1/2) , we will be with my brother's family too, celebrating his 30th birthday and his daughter's 1st birthday and my sister-in-law, and with the grandparents! We can't wait!
SOTOFAMAUG13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #160
FlyTriPacer
Mouseketeer
 
FlyTriPacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sandston, VA
Posts: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothynt View Post
FlyTriPacer I removed you from the FE list and put you on the meet only list. I am not sure exactly when or where the meet up will be. So check back here to find out.

Tim

PS I am a flycirrus kind of guy
Tim,

We'll have to meet up and talk a little flying. I logged 3.5 in a C-206 for work today. Will get close to 4 in it tomorrow and 1 on Saturday. May try and take the TriPacer up after church Sunday. Have a good one, and see you on the cruise.

Chad
__________________
Straighten Up and Fly Right!

CAVU
FlyTriPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #161
disneytheway
Earning My Ears
 
disneytheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 68

FE gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTOFAMAUG13 View Post
Hi! This will be our first Disney Cruise and we are super excited!!
We would love to participate in the FE Extenders....Can someone give me more info on how it works. We will have 3 rooms on the 10th floor, will have to double check room #'s. It'll be dh (36) me (33) ds (2 1/2) , we will be with my brother's family too, celebrating his 30th birthday and his daughter's 1st birthday and my sister-in-law, and with the grandparents! We can't wait!
Hi and welcome aboard.
Our shipmate Kristie03 helped me before with the same question. Check post #77 and you get a great understanding of FE.
Good luck planning and see you soon
__________________



(me) :DH DS (9) DS (7)
disneytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #162
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mousachusetts
Posts: 450

PIRATE NIGHT Question

Is anyone dressing up for Pirate night?

This will be our first cruise and I don't know what to expect.

Many people dress up but it seems based on what others say on the boards here, it really depends on the cruise your on.
__________________
Mom DS John (21) DS Owen (11) DS Brady (9) DCat Mew DCat Cheddar

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #163
corbett744
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central New York
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut8473 View Post
Hi everyone,

We're so excited to be joining you all on this cruise (our second on DCL and first on the Dream; we sailed on the Magic last summer out of NYC and LOVED it). It'll be me (40), DH (40) and DS (3.5), and we'll be traveling with another couple and their 3.5-year-old as well. We're following our cruise with 4 days at WDW, staying at the Dolphin. We've got a Palo brunch booked, and are looking forward to the Blue Lagoon Beach Day in Nassau (did this last year, and, aside from the mediocre lunch that's included, had a blast.)

We booked back in January when we found a fabulous rate for Cat 7A, and I've been monitoring the rates and category availability for the past 6 months. Is it possible that this cruise could be sailing full? Or do they sometimes hold back cabins that haven't sold out by the 75-day mark, and then release them at low rates closer to the sailing date? I was always under the impression that the last week in August was among the least popular, because it's prime hurricane season and many schools in the country are already back in session. We're from NY, where school usually begins after Labor Day, so we traditionally like to take advantage and travel the week before. We used to always take advantage of the smaller crowds at Disney over Labor Day, but I'm curious if that's changed at all over the past few years (we haven't done our WDW Labor Day trip since 2008).

Either way, full or empty, crowds or not, it's going to be a great trip!
Where in NY are you from?
__________________
Cindi and DH Mike
February 2014 Wonder Western Caribean
August 2013 Dream B2B Bahamas
2013 July Holland American Canadian Cruise
May 2013 Wonder WBPC
May 2012 Diamond Princess-Alaska15 day cruise tour
July 2011 Magic 11 night Mediterranean
May 2010 Coral Princess Alaska 11 day cruise tour
April 2010 Magic Trans Atlantic Eastbound
December 2008 Magic 3 night Bahamas
April 2006 RCCL Western Carribean
April 2002 Magic 7 night Carribean
June 2001 Wonder 4 night Bahamas with
Girl Scouts
February 2000 Magic 4 night Bahamas
corbett744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #164
Tinked
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 635

Hi I've been booked on this cruise for over a year but didn't see much activity here at the Meets so thought you all were on FB. Glad activity has picked up and looking forward to meeting you all. Nice to see New Jersey is holding up its end with so many of us traveling on this cruise. Welcome to DCL to all you Newbies, you'll find out that 4 nights is not enough but just a great taste of things to come. This is my 12th cruise, 2nd on the Dream and I am traveling with my DD and her family. We are celebrating the birthdays of my two good friends, my Goddaughter (turning 50 on the 27th) and her sister who will have just turned 60. There are 13 of us in all traveling for this celebration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
I called Disney today with a question and the CM said our cruise is almost sold out with only 10 cabins in hold. And all that is left are concierge.

Looks like a FULL ship.
I wonder how that will play out for those of us who are GTY?
__________________
DVC member since '92
Home resorts Old Key West and Beach Club Villas
Cruises: Wonder '05, 2/07/09 Western Caribbean on Magic, Wonder Bounce Back 9/24/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/30/10, EBTA Bound for Barcelona 4/10/2010, 9/12/2010 Member Cruise, Aug. 23, 2011 Alaska, 6/10/12 Cruise to Canada, 6/15/12 Cruise to Nowhere
Future Cruises: 9/02/12 Cruise to Canada, 5/06/2013 WBPC, 8/25/13 Gayle's b-day cruise Dream
Tinked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #165
Tinked
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
Is anyone dressing up for Pirate night?

This will be our first cruise and I don't know what to expect.

Many people dress up but it seems based on what others say on the boards here, it really depends on the cruise your on.
It's usually a mixed bag of those who dress and those who don't so you will feel comfortable either way. My DD thought it would be cute for my DGS to dress as a parrot and sit on his father's shoulder (he will be 10 1/2 months). She found a one piece outfit with a parrot in the center. She will wear a pirate wench costume I have and I'll come up with something for my son-in-law. Then there's me who could just wear my pirates in the Caribbean t-shirt or maybe something else. The important thing is getting the turkey drumsticks at the buffet.
__________________
DVC member since '92
Home resorts Old Key West and Beach Club Villas
Cruises: Wonder '05, 2/07/09 Western Caribbean on Magic, Wonder Bounce Back 9/24/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/30/10, EBTA Bound for Barcelona 4/10/2010, 9/12/2010 Member Cruise, Aug. 23, 2011 Alaska, 6/10/12 Cruise to Canada, 6/15/12 Cruise to Nowhere
Future Cruises: 9/02/12 Cruise to Canada, 5/06/2013 WBPC, 8/25/13 Gayle's b-day cruise Dream
Tinked is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: