Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Anri
Mouseketeer

A Mayonnaise Tale

Every Wednesday for lunch (because I am a creature of habit) I go and get a chicken cordon bleu sandwich from the cafe downstairs. Why? Becaue I like this sandwich, I could give you my kingdom for some honey mustard, and also because they have a punch card so every ten punches I get a free sandwich, and Wednesday is double punch day. How economical of me, no? Well...today I go and order the same exact thing I always order. But guess what? They put mayonnaise on it. Like, slathered it with mayo. I generally am not one to complain, but seriously, mayo? Who puts mayo on a cordon bleu? I felt bad about it but I ended up taking it back as I cannot stomach mayonnaise. I do realize that some people like mayo but I'm sure there are others out there that have experienced my horror of lunch time regular gone horribly awry (mayo or otherwise). Care to share?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Doesn't sound good to me either. Sounds like it needed to have some bacon it.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
Anri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
Doesn't sound good to me either. Sounds like it needed to have some bacon it.
Mmm...bacon. They did actually put bacon on it once. They caught their mistake halfway through making my sandwich and asked if I wanted it fixed but I said nah, I'd take that free bacon. It was actually pretty good.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I hate mayo!! I have heard that if you put it on your chest it will make you grow in that area.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

LOL, I understand your disappointment.

last week I got Chinese take out for lunch. Ordered sweet and sour chicken. Got back to my desk and discovered they forgot to give me the sweet and sour sauce.
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
Kogo Shuko
DIS Veteran

I once ordered a special burger wrapped in a crepe (it sounds odd, but it's actually good, and saves on calories! No bun!). I asked for ketchup, mayo, lettuce, and tomato. The man grabbed the hot sauce instead of the ketchup.

By the time I realized he had grabbed the wrong bottle, I had moved away from the stand.

OH. MY. GOD. My mouth was on fire by the end of that burger. Ever since, I always scrutinize WHICH red bottle the guy picks up. :|

me: Jax:
~*~ 1992-1993 – Offsite ~*~ 1995-1996 – Offsite ~*~ 2009 – Scotland ~*~ 2010 – Newfoundland ~*~ 2010-2011 – Offsite ~*~ October 2011 - Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Feb 2012 – Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Oct 2012 – Carnival Cruise/Offsite/Leesburg ~*~ Sept 2013 - Sanibel/Vistana/Leesburg ~*~ April 2014 - Houston, Texas ~*~ August 2014 - Rochester, NY ~*~

Kogo Shuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogo Shuko View Post
I once ordered a special burger wrapped in a crepe (it sounds odd, but it's actually good, and saves on calories! No bun!). I asked for ketchup, mayo, lettuce, and tomato. The man grabbed the hot sauce instead of the ketchup.

By the time I realized he had grabbed the wrong bottle, I had moved away from the stand.

OH. MY. GOD. My mouth was on fire by the end of that burger. Ever since, I always scrutinize WHICH red bottle the guy picks up. :|
I ate a chunk of wasabi once thinking it was avocado. I feel you.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Yes...anytime the idgits at McDonald's put mustard on burger. I always ask for it without. WHY they feel the need to put mustard on the burger is beyond me. Why not just leave it plain and let the patrons put whatever they want on it. I grew up on Long island. They don't put mustard on the burgers there.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Yes...anytime the idgits at McDonald's put mustard on burger. I always ask for it without. WHY they feel the need to put mustard on the burger is beyond me. Why not just leave it plain and let the patrons put whatever they want on it. I grew up on Long island. They don't put mustard on the burgers there.
hahaha! the I grew up on Long Island came after I read Idgits and already knew!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #10
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Yeah, when we went to Virginia a couple if years ago I had to remember to say "hold the mustard" when I ordered a burger.
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

I hate mayo too, and would be walking right back up to the counter. I'll only stomach it (after scraping off as much as I can from the bun) if I forget to order it without the mayo.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #12
LSmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
We laugh because I swear my daughter has a fear of mustard. She doesn't even tolerate seeing it on the counter.
LSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
Anri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
LOL, I understand your disappointment.

last week I got Chinese take out for lunch. Ordered sweet and sour chicken. Got back to my desk and discovered they forgot to give me the sweet and sour sauce.
Nooooo...that is a sin against the Chinese take out gods! Lol.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

I like Mayo, but NOT ketchup. I know, what a weirdo right. I've never liked ketchup, not even as a kid, not on fries, and certinatly not on my sandwich! Unfortunately, my plain cheeseburgers often have ketchup on them.
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: