Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albort View Post
Everything is a conspiracy these days... :\

911, sandy hook, Aurora shooting...
I don't believe that in the slightest. I am not a conspiracy theorist at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allgirls View Post
Why would our military shoot it down? I was a young teenager when this happened and while I remember the crash I don't remember many details

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
They were supposedly performing a military exercise that night.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieTCat View Post
I remember the theory was our military accidentally shot it down -- "Friendly Fire."

I also remember the reports of people seeing something streak up towards the plane before it came down.

It will be interesting to see what happens, if anything.

At the time I worked with a woman that lived in East Moriches. She was outside that night and she swore she saw a streak going towards the plane.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

A cover up by our government? Yup, wouldn't surprise me in the least. They are self serving and will lie and do what ever it takes to CYA. You can't believe half of what they say.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #19
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran

I lived in NJ at the time and I remember the local news interviewing several eye witnesses who claimed they saw a bright streak head towards the plane before it exploded.
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #20
suzannen
Have too many rules for my coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
At the time I worked with a woman that lived in East Moriches. She was outside that night and she swore she saw a streak going towards the plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreegirl View Post
I lived in NJ at the time and I remember the local news interviewing several eye witnesses who claimed they saw a bright streak head towards the plane before it exploded.
I have a house in the Hamptons, wasn't there that night, but at least 10 people I know also said they saw a streak moving toward the plane. Like LisaR, they're all convinced it was a missile accidentally sent off during a military exercise.
suzannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
I don't believe that in the slightest. I am not a conspiracy theorist at all.
i dont want to believe it, but man, some of those arguments are pretty damning...
Old 06-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #22
Mickey'snewestfan
DIS Veteran

For those who believe it was possibly a terrorist attack, why would someone blow up a plane and not take credit? How would terrorists benefit from an attack that wasn't publicly linked to their cause?
Mickey'snewestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #23
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

They interviewed an Air Force pilot that saw a streak from the surface to the plane. This is someone who is trained to look for missiles and knows what they look like. He was on one news report, he was never interviewed again not was his interview shown again that I saw . As for terrorists not taking credit, how do we know they weren't picked up by coast guard or navy ships. Or maybe it to was covered up. Perhaps it was to get someone on be plane and the accident story help whoever did it just slip away. Not sure but I never agreed with the whole accident either and I usually don't go for the conspiracy thing .
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #24
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'snewestfan View Post
For those who believe it was possibly a terrorist attack, why would someone blow up a plane and not take credit? How would terrorists benefit from an attack that wasn't publicly linked to their cause?
I don't believe it was a terrorist attack for that very reason. I can't imagine someone not taking credit. I also don't think our government would cover up a terrorist attack. I know, I know! But I do believe the powers that be would want revenge for something like that and don't think it is something they would cover up. Now, if our own military accidentally took down the plane.....yeah, they would absolutely cover that up.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #25
Social Worker Sue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'snewestfan View Post
Social Worker Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #26
Social Worker Sue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Now, if our own military accidentally took down the plane.....yeah, they would absolutely cover that up.
And this is what I have thought all along. Friendly Fire with a massive cover up.

I HATE conspiracy theories. Hate them. But, this is one I believe to be true.
Social Worker Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #27
wvjules
DIS Veteran

And if it was an accident that the government covered up, it will still be covered up with the new 'investigation'. IMO, we will NEVER know the truth.

FTR, I do not believe it was an explosion within the plane. I think it was a missle. Not sure who fired it though.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #28
7165red
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post
Nor did I and I am usually VERY far from conspiracy theories and the like, but this one never sat right with me.

There were a few pilots who flew Flight 800. One of them (who was NOT flying that day) had a wife who was an administrator at my school. Her husband knew every pilot and flight attendant who died on that flight. They never believed it was an accident either.

Dawn
I too never believed it was an accident.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #29
Judy Judy Judy
Meet Me In St. Louis!

Quote:
Unfortunately, I really believe it was shot down by our military by accident.
I 100% think this is a huge possiblity and have always thought that.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #30
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
I very rarely buy into conspiracy theories or think everything is a cover up but there are two I think very well could be.

One is TWA 800. I think it is very likely that it was shot down by either a terrorist or accidentally by our military.

The other is United 93. I am less convinced about that one but I think it is possible that it was shot down to prevent it from being used against another building. I really wouldn't find fault in them if that was the case though I think they should have just owned up to it from the start if it was.
I think, there is more to Flight 800. Although, I do not believe, our government shot down Flight 93.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: