Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #1891
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnson121203 View Post
This is exactly what we are doing in August. We are doing RO for 2 days and then doing the package with the FD pin that the one person in our group received. We will have to check out and back in and yes there is a chance we will need to switch rooms but for us we are saving over 1000.00 so it is worth the chance
Can't you ask them to connect the reservations, so even though you technically have to check out and check back in, you can still keep you room?

I've stayed room only for a night or two, and then started a package with Free Dining a couple of times now, but we have always switched resorts when the Free Dining has started, and we picked up our tickets early. If we didn't though, I would have asked about staying in the same room!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #1892
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562

The feeling is pretty confident that it will match the pin dates. What I was trying to say is that every single pin date range may not be offered. For instance if one set of dates sell really well, then it wouldn't make sense to offer. However my point was that pins are still going out with the same date ranges which indicates they are still needing to fill rooms for all of those dates. If we saw a pin go out with some dates missing, that would be a whole other story but that hasn't happened yet.

Also remember that Disney themselves have changed dates even after a promo was released. They have done it many times over the years. Sometimes adding dates and sometimes taking a few dates off.
Ok, thanks, guys!! We'll just stick with what we have and cross our fingers. Navigated choosing our dates by pin code (as opposed to the second star to the right). Here's to hoping!
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #1893
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Thanks!! Where can I buy???(besides WDW) I looked iTunes and could not find.
When we were at the world last Oct, they were out of the 4 parks 1 world CD. I had gone there planning to buy it, and couldn't get it. Seriously, how do they run out of that? The last CD I bought was from 2000. I have to get it this time around.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #1894
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

Can't you ask them to connect the reservations, so even though you technically have to check out and check back in, you can still keep you room?
Yes you can REQUEST it and connect the reservations. But Disney will not guarantee it. They usually do end up getting you in the same room, but I know occasionally they make people move.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #1895
tjohnson121203
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

I've stayed room only for a night or two, and then started a package with Free Dining a couple of times now, but we have always switched resorts when the Free Dining has started, and we picked up our tickets early. If we didn't though, I would have asked about staying in the same room!
I'm really not sure.. I will have to call to see if this is something we can do..
tjohnson121203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #1896
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I have a question for anyone who can answer this. Right now I have a ress at POR for November 10th to the 17th. My plan is to do a ro on the 10th then start the pkg on the 11th. If this does go to the general public and I change my pkg date 11-17 will they cancel my first ress or just modify it. If this goes to the Disney visa holders first my mother is probably going to be the one doing it since I will probably be working. I told her when she calls to just change the dates to the 11-17 and when I get out of work we will do the ro online but she's nervous that she will screw something up.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #1897
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I have a question for anyone who can answer this. Right now I have a ress at POR for November 10th to the 17th. My plan is to do a ro on the 10th then start the pkg on the 11th. If this does go to the general public and I change my pkg date 11-17 will they cancel my first ress or just modify it. If this goes to the Disney visa holders first my mother is probably going to be the one doing it since I will probably be working. I told her when she calls to just change the dates to the 11-17 and when I get out of work we will do the ro online but she's nervous that she will screw something up.
I would definitely change the dates of your current reservation and add free dining first. Then call back and do the room only separate. Be sure to link them though, so you have a better chance of keeping the same room.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #1898
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I would definitely change the dates of your current reservation and add free dining first. Then call back and do the room only separate. Be sure to link them though, so you have a better chance of keeping the same room.
We're probably going to either pop or asmo the first day then move to POR the next morning. My son was looking at all the menus at the resorts resorts and he likes the fact that asmo has six bread sticks with marinara sauce. We're alot of the other resort's don't. Believe me, I don't base my hotel preferences on bread sticks but figured it's only one night and he has never seen this resort.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #1899
bellesmommy05
Earning My Ears

Ok, we are staying 6 nights at a suite in all star music with the military discount, paying for the regular dining plan and getting the 4 day military park hoppers

I got a code for free dining....we have 5 people so need a bigger room....and hubby does not want POR. Is the military deal cheaper than the free dining plan?
bellesmommy05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #1900
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
. Believe me, I don't base my hotel preferences on bread sticks but figured it's only one night and he has never seen this resort.
👍 I have based my lodging on food choices in the past. LOL
Old 06-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #1901
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellesmommy05 View Post
Ok, we are staying 6 nights at a suite in all star music with the military discount, paying for the regular dining plan and getting the 4 day military park hoppers

I got a code for free dining....we have 5 people so need a bigger room....and hubby does not want POR. Is the military deal cheaper than the free dining plan?
You will have to price that out to compare. I understand those military discounts can be a really great deal and I know it depends on season as to how much of a discount for rooms. To compare, just price the room and tickets on the WDW website and leave out dining; that would be your package cost with free dining.
With the free dining package, you have to purchase a minimum number of undiscounted tickets, I believe 2. So, depending on how much your military room/ticket discount is , that could be the better deal.

Edit: You can stay at a Value resort and upgrade to regular dining plan with the PIN. For adults about $18/day and children around $3/day.
Let us know!

Last edited by plutospalforever; 06-19-2013 at 03:30 PM.
plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #1902
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We're probably going to either pop or asmo the first day then move to POR the next morning. My son was looking at all the menus at the resorts resorts and he likes the fact that asmo has six bread sticks with marinara sauce. We're alot of the other resort's don't. Believe me, I don't base my hotel preferences on bread sticks but figured it's only one night and he has never seen this resort.
That is cute!!! I still love Pizza Hut breadsticks and sauce myself. Makes me think of my college days at the end of the month with no money left. Lol
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #1903
peel
DIS Veteran

I have a rookie question....I should really know the answer to this by now.

I'm going to pull the trigger and book a second reservation for 12/4-12/9 in hopes that FD will come out and that it will be announced before the 45 day mark of our September ressie.

I know I need to book a package and not a RO so that I don't have to rebook when the discount is released, but do I have to book the package with the DP in advance too, or can I make the ressie for resort and park tickets now and just add the DP to the ressie when the discount comes out?

peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #1904
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peel View Post
I have a rookie question....I should really know the answer to this by now.

I'm going to pull the trigger and book a second reservation for 12/4-12/9 in hopes that FD will come out and that it will be announced before the 45 day mark of our September ressie.

I know I need to book a package and not a RO so that I don't have to rebook when the discount is released, but do I have to book the package with the DP in advance too, or can I make the ressie for resort and park tickets now and just add the DP to the ressie when the discount comes out?
You can add it. Any changes outside the 45 day mark should be fine.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #1905
peel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
You can add it. Any changes outside the 45 day mark should be fine.

peel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: