Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #916
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Reality=no fun!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #917
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

I totally agree. Today was my first day back at work and at the gym. No fun at all!!!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #918
Roryh22
Mouseketeer

Waiting for my shuttle to LAX. This has been an incredible trip but I could definitely do with a good night's sleep. Luckily I'm not back at work until Monday.
Roryh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #919
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Safe travels, Rory! I envy your additional days off...

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #920
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Safe trip home Rory! Glad you will have some days off to rest.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #921
Roryh22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Safe travels, Rory! I envy your additional days off...
I did have to use up the rest of my vacation time but luckily the new yearly allowance starts in July
Roryh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #922
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Take care and have a good flight Rory.

Lisa, I could hear your laughter from here when I wrote the yanks lost!

we had magic morning at Disneyland park today, which was a total waste of time as the rides we wanted were down and the shops don't open until 8am

stayed most of the day, left at 4 as it was packed and very hot, really tired after long day so bed by 7pm, but typical as soon as lights go out I wide awake, but I don't dare disturb the grump today as she is disneyed out and sore feet, which for some reason I don't have that particular problem

now am getting silly so must sleep, we heading to the racers at carsland early tomorrow - what's the bet it's 101.

for those back at work - I'm sorry and hope u got thru the days ok.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #923
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Take care and have a good flight Rory.

Lisa, I could hear your laughter from here when I wrote the yanks lost!

we had magic morning at Disneyland park today, which was a total waste of time as the rides we wanted were down and the shops don't open until 8am

stayed most of the day, left at 4 as it was packed and very hot, really tired after long day so bed by 7pm, but typical as soon as lights go out I wide awake, but I don't dare disturb the grump today as she is disneyed out and sore feet, which for some reason I don't have that particular problem

now am getting silly so must sleep, we heading to the racers at carsland early tomorrow - what's the bet it's 101.

for those back at work - I'm sorry and hope u got thru the days ok.
Hard to believe you guys are still going at it!

Back to real life - but the pace doesn't seem to be any slower. Up at 6 AM and working around the house until 10 PM...Disney was a piece of cake compared to this.

Truth be told, while I had an awesome time with some wonderful people...I started to realize I miss Walt Disney World. Disneyland is nice and different, but Disney World feels to me like the one they got RIGHT. But, hey, less than 5 months until we go back.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #924
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone...came across this new article about Peter Ellenshaw. I thought this relevant to those on our trip, and if you were there you will know why...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10383/Cel...eter_Ellenshaw

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 06-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #925
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post

Truth be told, while I had an awesome time with some wonderful people...I started to realize I miss Walt Disney World. Disneyland is nice and different, but Disney World feels to me like the one they got RIGHT. But, hey, less than 5 months until we go back.
Allthough I love my WDW, I'm thinking I liked DL a bit better. I'm not sure if it was because the parks were unfamiliar to me (only 2nd visit and the last one being 10 yrs ago), the coziness of it all or if it was history behind the parks. I can't wait to go back and even though John had a great time I'm thinking we Disney'd him out and it will take a long time before he's ready to go again. So I guess my next trip will be a girls trip. Whose in????

BTW Kevin, John ordered a corned beef sandwich at the farmers market and since I'm not a huge corned beef fan I said I'd just try a bite. Well...that bite ended up to be half the sandwich (John wasn't pleased LOL). It was so lean and tasty. Good suggestion! Thx! And thanks to Jeff to for hunting down the name of the corned beef place for us.
Lee Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #926
ymxbfalcon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post

I'm rather jealous that the two of you are still there, Toni. Have lots of fun for the rest of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
I know what you mean, Pete. It's been more than a year since I've been to Disney World and, unlike you, I have no current plans to return there. (I'm sure that won't last very long.) I think I said this in California, but I miss Epcot (and Animal Kingdom, for that matter).
Old 06-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #927
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Disney View Post
Allthough I love my WDW, I'm thinking I liked DL a bit better. I'm not sure if it was because the parks were unfamiliar to me (only 2nd visit and the last one being 10 yrs ago), the coziness of it all or if it was history behind the parks.
See - coziness to me meant "crowded". I think we talked about it the last night we were at Trader Sam's, and while I noticed it last year when we went, it seemed worse this trip: both parks there feel the same to me. It's all kind of one big mush. And that's nice in a way because you can get around it all on foot, but Florida has 4 really distinct feeling parks. We had, what, 3.5 days @ DLR, and honestly I got to see and do everything I wanted to (again we had just been a year before). I go to Florida for 10 days, and I feel I didn't get to see anything.

I also was less than enamored with the Grand Californian. I loved the direct access to DCA and all, but the hotel was just sort of blah to me. The rooms were nice but nothing very special. I don't know if anyone got to go down to the pool area, but this was unimpressive as well. The pools were very small and crowded, and the slide was just about the worst I've seen at a Disney resort. Since we didn't use the spa or any other amenities I can't comment on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymxbfalcon View Post
I know what you mean, Pete. It's been more than a year since I've been to Disney World and, unlike you, I have no current plans to return there. (I'm sure that won't last very long.) I think I said this in California, but I miss Epcot (and Animal Kingdom, for that matter).
Yup, agree. I'm an AK lover and like Epcot a lot (though it desparately needs some updating to future world) and also have come to really love Typhoon Lagoon. And DL was so crowded and cramped at times it made me really miss off-season MK. Especially every time we walked through Tomorrowland (and we took the Monorail from the hotel a few times so we did this quite a bit) it was driving me completely bonkers. They have that stupid abandoned Peoplemover/TTA track right in the middle of all the traffic creating this giant bottleneck towards the hub. Ugh!

I should shut up I'm sounding very whiny - I really had a very good time - but just as we were leaving, Ulana and I both said we probably don't need to come back here for a while - at least 5 years. We've been to WDW 7 times between 2006 and 2011 and have never once said that.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #928
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
I can't wait to go back and even though John had a great time I'm thinking we Disney'd him out and it will take a long time before he's ready to go again. So I guess my next trip will be a girls trip. Whose in????

BTW Kevin, John ordered a corned beef sandwich at the farmers market and since I'm not a huge corned beef fan I said I'd just try a bite. Well...that bite ended up to be half the sandwich (John wasn't pleased LOL). It was so lean and tasty. Good suggestion! Thx! And thanks to Jeff to for hunting down the name of the corned beef place for us.
Does it have to be an all girls trip Lisa?

Happy to dig up the name of that corned beef place for you. Actually it was Kevin that came to the rescue with the name.

Give us a call sometime Lisa. Love to hear some of the details of your trip.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #929
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

We were there too! I called it "meat-flavored butter", in the best possible way.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #930
ymxbfalcon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Allthough I love my WDW, I'm thinking I liked DL a bit better. I'm not sure if it was because the parks were unfamiliar to me (only 2nd visit and the last one being 10 yrs ago), the coziness of it all or if it was history behind the parks. I can't wait to go back and even though John had a great time I'm thinking we Disney'd him out and it will take a long time before he's ready to go again. So I guess my next trip will be a girls trip. Whose in????
I think if I lived as close to WDW as you do, I might feel that way too. I did really enjoy the feeling of "history" in Disneyland. The "Steamboat Willie" Mickey Mouse at the end of Fantasmic was a very nice touch; I actually bought my own black and white Mickey to take home with me. The fact that we got to see things like Walt's apartment and the Lilly Belle truly made this trip special in a way that it couldn't have been in Florida.

I still miss Epcot, though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: