Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #1906
SwanBride2015
Getting Married 6/21/2014
 
SwanBride2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 20

Wick my Fiance and I are from chicago and checking in at the ASSports on Aug. 4th as well! We are checking out the 9th though. We are doing our wedding planning while there. Getting married there next June
__________________




Danielle

Disney '89 Camped. Christmas Disney '07 stayed at All Start Sports
SwanBride2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #1907
FigmentFan1975
Earning My Ears
 
FigmentFan1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Delaware
Posts: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_cntrygrl View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I assume that there will be no pizza delivery at Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We are staying at Sports in August. I just emailed them with questions and was told yes, pizza delivery WILL be available at Sports during the renovations.
There will be a beverage station for the refillable mugs, and the pool bar will not be affected. There are no discounts being offered.
There will be buses to the other All Stars and in addition, it's really not a far walk at all, especially over to Music.
__________________
Heading back to Disney World (All Star Sports) in August 2013!!!
Previous trips: August 2009 Pop Century
August 2008 All Star Sports
August 2007 All Star Movies
(offsite April 2000 for a first anniversary trip; and various other visits as a child)
FigmentFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #1908
amber_cntrygrl
Mouseketeer
 
amber_cntrygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentFan1975 View Post

We are staying at Sports in August. I just emailed them with questions and was told yes, pizza delivery WILL be available at Sports during the renovations.
Awesome! Good news!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS(8) DS(2)

amber_cntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #1909
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,723

Figment Fan, thanx for sharing.

good to know the pizza delivery will be available.


i'm keeping my ressie at Sports.
hoping it won't be crowded and fear that the other 2 sister hotels will be.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #1910
Wick
DIS Veteran
 
Wick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: brooklyn, ny
Posts: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentFan1975 View Post
yes, pizza delivery WILL be available at Sports during the renovations.
:
__________________
2013 - All Star Sports ((Anniversary!!))
2012 - 1st Disneyland trip ((Honeymoon!!))
2011 - Coronado Springs ((Proposed on SSE!))
2010 - All Star Movies
2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ((Road trip from NYC!!))
2008 - Royal Pacific
2007 - Pop / POFQ / Poly
2006 - Contemporary / Animal Kingdom Lodge
2005 - Disney Magic Cruise Christmas
2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge / Contemporary
2003 - Royal Pacific
2002 - Beach Club
2001 - Hard Rock
2000 - All Star Sports



dream makers, it hits ya right here.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AmcrQlF2OpI
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #1911
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyRunner2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not near enough.
Posts: 1,891

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_cntrygrl View Post
We don't use the food court often. We have granola bars or pop tarts for breakfast, and our other meals in the parks or DTD. So, we're keeping our reservations for Sports since my family is baseball crazy, and hoping for an empty resort!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Got the letter today. It's a little on the short notice side. I'm hoping for a quiet resort, as well. I just got off the phone with a CM and nothing extra is being done to compensate guests. Just what the letter states, buses and box lunches.
__________________
Blog: http://www.dashing2disney.blogspot.comTwitter:@dashing2disney
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #1912
freediverdude
Was very touched by the Tapestry of Dreams parade :(
 
freediverdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lutz, Florida
Posts: 1,189

Are they just *trying* to drive us away? This is not what they used to do when they closed an important piece of a resort. Disney seems to be getting very arrogant, just saying "take it or leave it, this is what it costs, too bad not everything will be the way it should be." It's leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I suspect I'll probably end up cancelling- maybe spend less nights over at Universal instead. Very sad.
freediverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #1913
kirrrby
We're all mad here....
 
kirrrby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by freediverdude View Post
Are they just *trying* to drive us away? This is not what they used to do when they closed an important piece of a resort. Disney seems to be getting very arrogant, just saying "take it or leave it, this is what it costs, too bad not everything will be the way it should be." It's leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I suspect I'll probably end up cancelling- maybe spend less nights over at Universal instead. Very sad.
I don't really see what the problem here is. What do you expect Disney to do? I believe that offering options for you to still get your food (Offering box lunches, and buses to the sister resorts) is all that they can do. Because honestly, offering room discounts deeper than normal just because they're updating something that NEEDS to be updated is just silly. Plus the amount of people who book at rack rate are far and few anyways. It's like saying you want a discounted theme park ticket because one ride is being refurbished.
__________________

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"



I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)


kirrrby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #1914
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.
 
dbarker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 2,585

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
How many people, do you think, are unaware of this closure? Not everyone follows Disney's moves like we do here.
I received a letter from Disney telling about the refurb.

We are staying 1 night before a cruise (DCL). We will be there before the refurb, so it will not have an impact on us. I have not been paying attention to what is going on with the resorts. (My main focus is the cruise).
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #1915
freediverdude
Was very touched by the Tapestry of Dreams parade :(
 
freediverdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lutz, Florida
Posts: 1,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrrby View Post
I don't really see what the problem here is. What do you expect Disney to do? I believe that offering options for you to still get your food (Offering box lunches, and buses to the sister resorts) is all that they can do. Because honestly, offering room discounts deeper than normal just because they're updating something that NEEDS to be updated is just silly. Plus the amount of people who book at rack rate are far and few anyways. It's like saying you want a discounted theme park ticket because one ride is being refurbished.
No, the equivalent would be saying that I would like a discounted park ticket or upgrade because about 1/3 of the rides in the park are being refurbished. The food court is a major part of the resort stay. The 3 main things at a value probably being the food court, pool, and room. Actually if they need to close the food court they really shouldn't have the resort open at all, because of the greatly diminished experience. In the past Disney would try to get people to move by offering discounts or upgrades to other resorts. Can you imagine paying to stay at a Disney resort with a dining plan, and having to take a bus to someplace else to eat breakfast or use your credits? Talk about swallowing the pixie dust people.
freediverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #1916
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyRunner2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not near enough.
Posts: 1,891

I would be upset if I paid for the dining plan and didn't have the option to use it at my resort. We are doing a room only and don't mind walking to the other All Stars for food. We typically check out the other All Stars, anyway. In addition, we eat the majority of our meals elsewhere. I'm happy if I can refill my mug, which it sounds like I can.
__________________
Blog: http://www.dashing2disney.blogspot.comTwitter:@dashing2disney
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #1917
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran
 
teentoddlermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 907

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
I would be upset if I paid for the dining plan and didn't have the option to use it at my resort. We are doing a room only and don't mind walking to the other All Stars for food. We typically check out the other All Stars, anyway. In addition, we eat the majority of our meals elsewhere. I'm happy if I can refill my mug, which it sounds like I can.
Yes, Disney should contact the folks who bought the dining plan and offer to move them. That's a real concern. Especially if they only bought QSDP.
__________________

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #1918
FigmentFan1975
Earning My Ears
 
FigmentFan1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Delaware
Posts: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by freediverdude View Post
No, the equivalent would be saying that I would like a discounted park ticket or upgrade because about 1/3 of the rides in the park are being refurbished. The food court is a major part of the resort stay. The 3 main things at a value probably being the food court, pool, and room. Actually if they need to close the food court they really shouldn't have the resort open at all, because of the greatly diminished experience. In the past Disney would try to get people to move by offering discounts or upgrades to other resorts. Can you imagine paying to stay at a Disney resort with a dining plan, and having to take a bus to someplace else to eat breakfast or use your credits? Talk about swallowing the pixie dust people.
I disagree... We are staying at Sports in August during the refurb and we don't mind that much. Kind of silly to say they shouldn't have the resort open at all... As long as Disney is informing any guest staying there about the food court closure, at that point, guests can make their own decision. Its not diminishing my experience because we rarely eat at the food court anyhow. It would diminish my experience if they closed the resort because my son really loves the sports theme and is looking forward to staying there. Plus, unless there is a mobility issue, the other All Stars are not far away, so its just a quick walk to eat at those resorts. The main thing I use the resort for is to sleep, and to swim once in a while. We usually eat breakfast on the go - granola bars and such in our rooms, or at a park, and our other meals are usually at the parks as well.
__________________
Heading back to Disney World (All Star Sports) in August 2013!!!
Previous trips: August 2009 Pop Century
August 2008 All Star Sports
August 2007 All Star Movies
(offsite April 2000 for a first anniversary trip; and various other visits as a child)
FigmentFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #1919
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer
 
Crystal Brewer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 197

Throwing my 2cents in on refurb-as a newbie I discussed all options w/my family here's our positive :-/ Having a car staying on property we will try other resorts QS...yes this will be time consuming tho it gives us a chance to see other resorts. Pepper Market is already at the top of our list :-) We chose values with thought of not being at resort much opening our minds to another resort who knows maybe next time the resort will matter? So that's it lol not bothered by it one bit :-)
Crystal Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #1920
kturner3220
Earning My Ears
 
kturner3220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownHP800 View Post
Just curious what would make anyone want to stay here now because of the construction? Sports is one of my favorite resorts and were possibly thing of staying there in December but if we do book a trip it will be to Pop. Now if they offered some kind of a discount or something then maybe it would be worth it.

For those currently booked during construction time, is it difficult to change to another resort? Cant say I have ever had to do anything like that.


I think the refurb is done in Nov, so if you book for Dec you should be good to go
kturner3220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: