Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #16
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Every single resort can have bus issues!! I have never had an issue with buses at Pop or AoA. And I do know that when I've been at Music in the past, we have had other guests on the bus when we got on at Music, so it obviously had stopped at Sports first. Then, sometimes we went on to Movies, sometimes not. There was never a bus trip that had only Music guests on it. Obviously, that can, and does, change.

It is never a good idea to choose a resort based on it's bus system. Every trip is going to be different. you can stay at a resort and have wonderful bus service..but then go there again for another trip and find that you have less than stellar bus service.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Every single resort can have bus issues!! I have never had an issue with buses at Pop or AoA. And I do know that when I've been at Music in the past, we have had other guests on the bus when we got on at Music, so it obviously had stopped at Sports first. Then, sometimes we went on to Movies, sometimes not. There was never a bus trip that had only Music guests on it. Obviously, that can, and does, change.

It is never a good idea to choose a resort based on it's bus system. Every trip is going to be different. you can stay at a resort and have wonderful bus service..but then go there again for another trip and find that you have less than stellar bus service.
This exactly! Whatever you do, don't pick a resort based on bus service. Each resort has days where it works like a charm, and days where it stinks!

No matter where you stay, there are times where the bus will be packed full. And probably times where you will end up standing, trying to hold on to your kids and your stroller, unless you choose to step aside and wait for a bus to come with open seating.

Pick your resort based on what one looks most appealing to you. Not on bus service!
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Every single resort can have bus issues!!
Yes, they can. I posted about shared buses at All Stars for when I thought it wasn't a busy time and the bus was packed. The OP asked specifically about shared buses so that's how I answered.

However, I have been on packed buses at Pop Century as well. Six of us boarded, included my five year old grandson and 13 year old granddaughter. We really didn't have to worry about either of them falling (since we were some of the last to board, we stood) since there was absolutely no way to do that because we were side by side by side by side by side with lots of people. And that was in early January - a less busy time.

And there there are times when we board and it's just us and another family. Or maybe twenty people. At either All Stars or Pop Century. You roll the dice and you play what lands.

OP - you might consider renting a car if the transportation is going to be an issue.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Bear in mind Pop is a very large resort. So its busses can and do get very packed.

Our experience after four stays at Music, two at Movies and one at Sports was that we shared only during slack times.

All resorts have their bus issues. Which is why I never pick based on bussing experiences, my own or others!

The shared route of the All Stars is a quick one. Versus say the Epcot resorts or even the spread out mods with 4 to 7 stops.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #20
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

You May Share a Pop Bus With AoA At Times

Just an FYI but we just got home last night from a 12 day stay at Pop Century and we did end up sharing buses with Art of Animation twice. Once was last week and I forget now where we were headed (thinking Epcot?) and then again yesterday morning at about 8:30 am while heading to MK. We were picked upo first and then headed over to AoA both times to pick up more guests.

We did noticed the lines were much longer at AoA than Pop this trip. While leaving the MK on Tuesday night after closing, they were bringing in MEARS buses to pick up the AoA crowd waiting.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #21
TinkerDust10
Earning My Ears

Hey You Guys,

Thank you all so much for replying. Sorry it took me long to reply. I decided to stay with All Stars Movies. My DS is a HUGE, I mean HUGE TS fan and I want him to see Andy's Room, plus I can always go to Pop next time (but I already decided to go to Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room for my DS in 2015). I will dread the double stroller and the bus system. It's not that I do not like the bus system, I just dread the bus system with the double stroller..LOL. I am a single parent so I do not have the extra hands to help if I were to get two single strollers though it is the ONLY con about having two preschoolers....must have two of everything...LOL. I plan on leaving the parks a little bit earlier just to avoid the crowd rush. Either way I am super excited and I can not wait to get to my heaven! Thanks again and have a super disney day!

DL: 2009, 2010
WDW: AOA 2012, ASMo 2013

DS-5 & DD-4
TinkerDust10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #22
dpswift
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip. All these postings got me worried as well. I too am going to stick with Movies. It has been a few years but I do not remember too many bus problems. I remember several with POP but we usually stay there so there is a bigger chance of problems. Good luck with the stroller.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #23
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

We are staying at music in August for 11 nights and honestly I am a lot more worried and thinking of switching because of the shared food courts rather than the buses. I read that they will have a shuttle for the sports guests to use the music/movies food courts because of the closure of their food court. I can see breakfast and dinner times being super crazy, worse than I remember Pop!
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #24
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
We are staying at music in August for 11 nights and honestly I am a lot more worried and thinking of switching because of the shared food courts rather than the buses. I read that they will have a shuttle for the sports guests to use the music/movies food courts because of the closure of their food court. I can see breakfast and dinner times being super crazy, worse than I remember Pop!
We are staying at ASMovie in Sept and worried about the same thing, I'm hoping most people decide to go to music since its closer, people in buildings 7, 8, 9 or 10 may even choose to walk over vs waiting for a bus. Fingers crossed.

Another issue may be if people are going over to ASMo or ASMu then they will probably get on the buses there causing buses more crowded at those resorts.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #25
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

The last time we stayed at an All Star resort was a few years ago but they only shared buses during the down times of the day. In the morning and the evening when the busses are at their peak each resort had their own bus.
When they did share a bus during the slow times of the day it only added a minute or two to drive into the next resort and if the bus filled up they didn't continue to the next one. We found that music or sports had a better bus system than movies because movies was the last of the three All Star resorts.
Windsor Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #26
spidet1964
Mouseketeer

WHO CARES, YOU'RE AT DISNEY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take public transportation daily deal with that then maybe you can complain about the buses at Disney.

]
spidet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #27
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidet1964 View Post
WHO CARES, YOU'RE AT DISNEY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take public transportation daily deal with that then maybe you can complain about the buses at Disney.
I don't see the problem with people trying to plan the best vacation possible. I know when I spend thousands of dollars on a trip, I don't want to have to "deal" with something that bothers me if I could have easily avoided it.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #28
HisMinnie
Princess Jasmine <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidet1964 View Post
Just because you are used to dealing with lousy service everyday doesn't mean it's ok or that it cannot be improved. Whether its public transportation or Disney. People spend a lot of money for a short temporary stay and expect a certain level of service and satisfaction I think concern over a long wait or being squishes on a bus like cattle is perfectly justified.

I saw this thread looking for some answers for my worries about buses and thankfully it's eased my concerns as well.
Aiden (10) Brady (9) Sabrina (2)
HisMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: