DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
SFlaDisneyfans
Mouseketeer

Need some different perspectives prior to purchase

First, a thank you to everyone on these boards. I have pulled a ton of information from here as I have put together my spreadsheets to help me decide the best option for our purchase.

Second, while I have no issue paying a premium to buy direct, the premium involved exceeds the value of buying direct from Disney (in my opinion). I could probably stomach a 20 or perhaps even a 25% premium above resale price to buy from Disney but not 60%+.

So having decided on resale this is what I need help with. We are semi-local annual passholders (from Fort Lauderdale). We tend to go up for a week at New Years for my gf's daughter's birthday (she is 6) and then 4-6 times a year for long holiday weekends. Our week is flexible (it just needs to be a non-school week). What I am wrestling with is paying a premium to be at a smaller resort for the 11 month booking advantage vs buying into something more cost effective like OKW or SSR. I would probably only need the 11 month advantage for our week stay as we can be flexible with the weekends.

Since as a non-member I can't see the booking scheduler, I have no way of knowing how easy it will be to book long weekends at assorted resorts 3-6 months out. I am interested in buying into BCV for the pool, but since our week vacation is in early January (usually) it would be more for long weekends throughout the Spring - Fall.

I am budgeted for 200-225 points (depending on what resale cost I find). I am wondering if I might be better served with a block of points at one of the more cost effective resorts and then looking for a smaller block at BCV for booking weekends. Without seeing the online scheduler I am sort of flying blind not knowing what availability is like throughout the year at different resorts.

Any opinions you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.
SFlaDisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: