Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
MrandMrsJoeFriday
HEYYYY YOUUU GUUYYYYSSS

Disney's Planes Merchandise! Anyone purchased yet?

I am super excited for Planes to come to Theaters and I am also really impressed with some of the Merchandise I see on Disney store.com. The die cast models have really got me thinking about putting together a collection, especially the models for Bravo and Echo. I am a HUGE Top Gun fan and since it looks like there will no longer be a Top Gun sequel in the works, I am at least happy to see Val Kilmer (ICEMAN) and Anthony Edwards (GOOSE) back on the big screen and in the pilots seat. The Quality of the planes appears to be pretty good. The other merchandise however does'nt really seem to be on the same level. The custom t-shirts they are offering via Zazzle look like something you would make using your home printer. I hope they increase they quality and selection of there offerings some time soon. Has anyone made any purchases of the Planes merchandise yet at any of the Parks or Stores in Downtown Disney, and if so can you please share some pics? I'll be visiting all of the parks at the end of July and would love to pick up some merch for my man cave!

"Maverick: Any of you boys seen an aircraft-carrier around here?"
MrandMrsJoeFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsJoeFriday View Post
I am super excited for Planes to come to Theaters and I am also really impressed with some of the Merchandise I see on Disney store.com. The die cast models have really got me thinking about putting together a collection, especially the models for Bravo and Echo. I am a HUGE Top Gun fan and since it looks like there will no longer be a Top Gun sequel in the works, I am at least happy to see Val Kilmer (ICEMAN) and Anthony Edwards (GOOSE) back on the big screen and in the pilots seat. The Quality of the planes appears to be pretty good. The other merchandise however does'nt really seem to be on the same level. The custom t-shirts they are offering via Zazzle look like something you would make using your home printer. I hope they increase they quality and selection of there offerings some time soon. Has anyone made any purchases of the Planes merchandise yet at any of the Parks or Stores in Downtown Disney, and if so can you please share some pics? I'll be visiting all of the parks at the end of July and would love to pick up some merch for my man cave!

I got some and their just as nice as the cars ones they come in nice cases that have a little back round that matches them.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsJoeFriday View Post
Has anyone made any purchases of the Planes merchandise yet at any of the Parks or Stores in Downtown Disney, and if so can you please share some pics? I'll be visiting all of the parks at the end of July and would love to pick up some merch for my man cave!

I have been told to expect quite a bit of merchandise for the movie. I'll have a blog up with what is officially announced as far as park merchandise goes soon.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
MrandMrsJoeFriday
HEYYYY YOUUU GUUYYYYSSS

Great thanks Nikki, I look forward to reading your Blog!

Last edited by MrandMrsJoeFriday; 06-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.
MrandMrsJoeFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

I'll wait until they go on sale for half price. Some of the plane models were cute.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: