Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 AM   #136
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Okay, we started Couch to 5k this week and the second workout really kicked my butt. It's hard to stay motivated to keep pushing through, but I figure that I'm at least lapping everyone who never got off the couch. So, even if I'm not doing that great, at least I'm out there trying.

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #137
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
We will have a segment later this month.
Great, can't wait!
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #138
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

It's national doughnut day.

....and my boss brought in (gluten-free, since I'm allergic) doughnuts to celebrate.

....and I ate one.

....and it was really really good.

No more sweets for me today- that was my treat, and now I'm back on track.

TGIF, everybody!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #139
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

a treat once in a while is a good thing!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #140
simmons_m
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great - looking forward to it.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #141
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Quote:
I am looking forward to this too. I had started back to walking just over 3 months ago. A month ago i signed up to run the 2014 Disney 1/2 marathon and started the training for it. This run will be celebrating my 55th birthday. I have some friends that are a little older than me that have been running the last two Disney 1/2's. I had been running all over taking pics of the event for them. Now i just might have my Nikon with me on course and shoot everthing from a runners view point this time. To see how all is progressing I have also signed up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler in October.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #142
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Just had a super yummy green smoothie, and I'm plowing through the day. Keep up the good work, everyone!!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #143
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Still hanging in there...

I suffer from anxiety from time to time and it's been a struggle for me the last couple of weeks... lots of stress going on... but I've kept pretty ok with my food intake. Having issues getting out to walk... but working on that... (if it will ever stop raining long enough!)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 06-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #144
simmons_m
Mouseketeer

Down to 208 @ 12.8% body fat.
Getting closer to my new goal of 198 @ 10%
Slow an steady.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #145
Tink rules

VERY GOOD!!!

Keep going!

Old 06-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #146
collins316
Mouseketeer

If anyone is looking for a way to help with the eating side of the equation- I had joined weight watchers late March. Down 24 pounds! I highly recommend it. I have about 10 more lbs to go, so it has slowed down for me recently. Go to the meetings, not just online, and go with a friend. That is what has kept me on track.
I am a big fan now.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #147
Tink rules

I'm semi following WW... luckily I also have a few friends who are WW leaders so I've gotten help from them too!

Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #148
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

I am so determined to look great for our Disney Fantasy cruise in December.

I cried when I saw a pic of myself on the cruise in April, 2012. I was sooooo overweight, the highest I'd ever been in my life. I was a poster child for metabolic syndrome just waiting to heppen. I was thinking I couldn't exercise with my horrible arthritic knees and just feeling sorry for myself. I will not go on our anniversary cruise looking that way. Even though I have to use a scooter in the parks and on the ship (both knees need to be replaced), I want my DH to be proud of me. So I'm determined to go the rest of the way and not slack. It's one day at a time. We all deserve to be as healthy as we can be.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #149
Tink rules

Good for you!!!

I have finally gotten down to the weight I was when I did the 2008 PC repo... I'm hoping by the time I go for the WB transatlantic on DCL next year... I'll be at a healthier weight... (and smaller shorts!! )

Old 07-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #150
Tink rules

Welcome!!!

Anyone want to check in this month????

I'm down a total of 16.5 since April 1st!!!

Goal for this month is another 4 lbs... might be a little more... we'll see!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: